[Q] Trying to root, taking a LONG time

Search This thread

phydeaux98038

Aug 31, 2010
I'm using the "Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3" xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758 root method detailed, and it is taking a VERY long time (IMO) to transfer the files to the phone. This is a Verizon SCH-i545 on MK2. Kies sees the phone just fine, so I'm not concerned about drivers at all. One oddity that the cmd window shows was two lines of "error: more than one device and emulator", but that is followed by "[*] Sending files to your device..." And it's been sitting there for 30+ minutes. How long should this take, anyway? I'd ask in the original thread, but I guess I haven't posted enough on XDA to be able to do that.

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Did you enable usb debugging and then allow USB debugging when the dialog box popped up?

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.

phydeaux98038

Aug 31, 2010
Did you enable usb debugging and then allow USB debugging when the dialog box popped up?

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.

Enabled and allowed.

I'm hesitant to unplug the USB, just on the off chance that something really is happening here, and I hose up a file.

Last edited:

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Enabled and allowed.

I'm hesitant to unplug the USB, just on the off chance that something really is happening here, and I hose up a file.

It's not messing with any system files that would brick your device if the transfer was interrupted. You would restart the root process and whatever was there would get overwritten if anything at all.

Reactions: phydeaux98038

phydeaux98038

Aug 31, 2010
It's not messing with any system files that would brick your device if the transfer was interrupted. You would restart the root process and whatever was there would get overwritten if anything at all.

OK, that's good to know.

Wish there was some kind of visual indicator that something was happening. Though, maybe I just need to be more patient. 45 minutes instead of just 30, maybe.

phydeaux98038

Aug 31, 2010
OK, got it, finally. Apparently, all I needed was a computer reboot. Once i did that, the root access completed right away. Maybe 10 minutes, total?

DeathNotice

Sep 23, 2013
Go to www.unlockroot.com download freeware of unlockroot application install it. Connect ur phone via USB bt before connecting make sure that USB debugging is "on" let the drivers install then follow the application rules and ur phone is rooted successfully & it doesnt take more than 5 min:)

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Go to www.unlockroot.com download freeware of unlockroot application install it. Connect ur phone via USB bt before connecting make sure that USB debugging is "on" let the drivers install then follow the application rules and ur phone is rooted successfully & it doesnt take more than 5 min:)

Haven't tried the root method you linked... But I can say it really doesn't get any easier than SafeRoot. Plus any questions anyone has during that process K1mu will gladly help anyone.

Sent From My Verizon S4

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

Ew. Looks like another vroot/kingo root renaming. Still closed source, I assume.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

OK, got it, finally. Apparently, all I needed was a computer reboot. Once i did that, the root access completed right away. Maybe 10 minutes, total?

That download should be very quick, less than a minute. If it takes longer, somethings hosed. Looks like you fixed it with the reboot.

Reactions: DeathNotice

phydeaux98038

Aug 31, 2010
That download should be very quick, less than a minute. If it takes longer, somethings hosed. Looks like you fixed it with the reboot.

Yep, reboot of the laptop, and all is well with the world again. Root access gained, and thus the ability to restore app data in the transfer from old to new phone via TitaniumBackup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enabled and allowed.

Ew. Looks like another vroot/kingo root renaming. Still closed source, I assume.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------