[Attn: RC/RT] Free PREMIUM Hosting for Recognized Contributors & Recognized Themers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
[Attn: RC/RT] Free PREMIUM Hosting for Recognized Contributors & Recognized Themers!

Update: Given how we have dedicated threads for this in the Recognized Contributor and Recognized Themer sections in Special Boards, this thread is now closed. Please refer to those threads to get your accounts upgraded! Thanks to all of you for your contributions, and thanks to DevHost for their great hosting!

Hello Recognized Contributors and Recognized Themers,

We have noticed that many of you have been scrambling for free (and more importantly) reliable hosting ever since the fall of the major file sharing networks. Rather than leave you searching for your own solutions, we have decided to partner with the fine folks at Dev-Host.

Given your contributions to XDA and the community at large, Dev-Host would like to extend free premium memberships to all of our Recognized Developers, Recognized Themers, and Recognized Contributors. What premium membership entails is an ad-free layout, 10 GB maximum file size, and 40+ GB total storage. And as a special perk for those who help make our site great on top of the premium membership, your files will not be deleted until you delete them yourself (no age limit), and you will be given a fancy logo highlighting your contributions on XDA.

In order to upgrade your membership for free, please first register an account on the Dev-Host website. Once you have done this, leave your username in this thread, and the DevHost team will upgrade your account. To the Recognized Developers reading this post, please use the dedicated request thread in the RD area.

If you would like to suggest any changes or need general troubleshooting, please leave your comments, suggestions, and feedback in this thread. Joseph Bradshaw, the administrator of DevHost, will be monitoring this thread.

Thank you all for your contributions to the site, and happy devving, contributing, and theming!

Last edited:

Wulfre

Apr 11, 2012
In a box.
I think I am "recognized"

SfD0H.png

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize what "recognized" meant at the moment. I am not qualified.

Last edited:

A5J4DX

Dec 18, 2010
this is great for the devs, although im not a dev i have done some theming just for XDA users as linked in my signature, i'd love it if i could have the no age limit but i'd be glad to use this so people can enjoy my rings again :D thanks!

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
What is a recognised contrib/dev/themer in this context?

Is it anyone that has the title tag/is eligible for the tag under their name?

There's still some confusion with regards to this.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
More questions before signing up: :D

• Are uploaders able to give read-only dir access if they wish to?
  • Sorta related to #1, are the urls plaintext type urls are encoded urls like with most standard file hosts?
  • Is there any exactly upper limit for this offer? I already have 25GB of xda-relevent files
(none of them are on your site's faq, but these questions arnt relevent for your average users)

DevHost

Apr 3, 2012
dev-host.org
More questions before signing up: :D

• Are uploaders able to give read-only dir access if they wish to?
  • Sorta related to #1, are the urls plaintext type urls are encoded urls like with most standard file hosts?
  • Is there any exactly upper limit for this offer? I already have 25GB of xda-relevent files
(none of them are on your site's faq, but these questions arnt relevent for your average users)

You will get 40 gigs of space
http://d-h.st/OXO is a link example
We will soon implement password protected folders. Everything uploaded is private by default (you would have to provide a link for someone), you can also make it public and would be searchable.

Reactions: dualcor3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Update: Given how we have dedicated threads for this in the Recognized Contributor and Recognized Themer sections in Special Boards, this thread is now closed. Please refer to those threads to get your accounts upgraded! Thanks to all of you for your contributions, and thanks to DevHost for their great hosting!

Hello Recognized Contributors and Recognized Themers,

We have noticed that many of you have been scrambling for free (and more importantly) reliable hosting ever since the fall of the major file sharing networks. Rather than leave you searching for your own solutions, we have decided to partner with the fine folks at Dev-Host.

Given your contributions to XDA and the community at large, Dev-Host would like to extend free premium memberships to all of our Recognized Developers, Recognized Themers, and Recognized Contributors. What premium membership entails is an ad-free layout, 10 GB maximum file size, and 40+ GB total storage. And as a special perk for those who help make our site great on top of the premium membership, your files will not be deleted until you delete them yourself (no age limit), and you will be given a fancy logo highlighting your contributions on XDA.

In order to upgrade your membership for free, please first register an account on the Dev-Host website. Once you have done this, leave your username in this thread, and the DevHost team will upgrade your account. To the Recognized Developers reading this post, please use the dedicated request thread in the RD area.

If you would like to suggest any changes or need general troubleshooting, please leave your comments, suggestions, and feedback in this thread. Joseph Bradshaw, the administrator of DevHost, will be monitoring this thread.

Thank you all for your contributions to the site, and happy devving, contributing, and theming!
    dhirend_6d, alzbac, P@ndemic, devilsking, and Crakeron have been activated.

Also we just created separate image tags on the site for RD, RC, and RT so you'll be tagged for what your recognized for rather then everyone having the recognized developer tag.

Preview Below:
    xda-small-1.png

xda-small-2.png

xda-small-3.png

xda-medium-1.png

xda-medium-2.png

xda-medium-3.png

xda-large-1.png

xda-large-2.png

xda-large-3.png
    this is awesome. looks like ill be heading to the sticky. :D username on dev-host is task650 by the way. :D

Username on devhost: kevin2516 :)

actived your new features. Thanks!
    Made an account: TheManii

Thanks for supporting XDA :)

Thanks for this awesome news. Hope this will ecourage people to keep up the good work and helping others which is what make great this community.

My username in dev-host is joaquinf, and again thanks for this exclusive feature

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Activated. Thank you for joining, we hope to provide an excellent service for the community.
    Looking foward to using your service my dev-Host user is - s.d.oconnor

Thanks

my Dev-Host Username

is
    spacecaker

thank you people at Dev host for such a good Extra to the xda community

greetings

spacecaker

activated! here is what is required: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/xda-recognized-developer-program-expansion/