[Q] Minor question about going from S-OFF to S-ON. Can anyone help me?

Search This thread

SineandCosine

Nov 10, 2013
Hey, friends. I have to send my HTC One back to HTC to receive a replacement (purple camera tint glitch.) I am on 4.4.2 with H-BOOT 1.56 and I was wondering if I would I be able to get S-OFF again after I put my phone back in S-ON mode (in the case that HTC rejects my device?) Should I downgrade to a lower HBOOT to be able to go back to S-OFF? Thank you. Looking for a response ASAP because I want to send this phone in before the warranty runs out.

Edit: I read that I should get H-BOOT 1.44. If I S-ON on H-BOOT 1.44, will I be able to go S-OFF again?

Last edited:

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Well it depends. Often when they fix your phone they update you to the latest hboot. If you managed to get s off with 1.56 before you should be able to again. As with sending it in s off or s on some people have had issues in some countries others no issues....

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hey, friends. I have to send my HTC One back to HTC to receive a replacement (purple camera tint glitch.) I am on 4.4.2 with H-BOOT 1.56 and I was wondering if I would I be able to get S-OFF again after I put my phone back in S-ON mode (in the case that HTC rejects my device?) Should I downgrade to a lower HBOOT to be able to go back to S-OFF? Thank you. Looking for a response ASAP because I want to send this phone in before the warranty runs out.

Edit: I read that I should get H-BOOT 1.44. If I S-ON on H-BOOT 1.44, will I be able to go S-OFF again?

Yes, you can re-S-OFF the phone. Till HBOOT 1.55, S-OFF can be achieved again. But, whatever you do, don't upgrade to 1.56 coz there are many people who are unable to.