GBA treo with Morphgear

Search This thread

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
hey guys i was wondering is there any way to make the morphgear module work on the treo 750? the screen size i dont think would be a problem as the nes and other modules work, however everytime i load a rom it just stays black, why? if its cause of ram needed for rom space technically the treos 40 megas should be enought, is there any way to make it run?

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
thanks, i didnt knew this emulator ill give it a try, maybe it saves my tro from being replaced by a nexus one XD

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
its awesome, pokemon and zelda run great XD, but i still have problems, when i close the game it says error and sometimes when tht happens i cant go into spb shell or task manager, any advice? i have fjortsols 4.3 wm6.5.0 rom

Reactions: einsteinecker

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Lol I accidentily hit the thanks button

its awesome, pokemon and zelda run great XD, but i still have problems, when i close the game it says error and sometimes when tht happens i cant go into spb shell or task manager, any advice? i have fjortsols 4.3 wm6.5.0 rom

That's definitely a low RAM problem. You can either try my ROM or edit the pagepool of Fjtor's ROM to 5.

Right now I've been having RAM problems when running Opera Mobile (that program refuses to let other programs run at the same time), so I ended up cooking a custom WM6 ROM just to get that extra 8MB of RAM. Personally I find WM6 not bad :D

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
yea, i think wm6 is great to, its just that i have a new pc and all my tools are gone, so im really lazy...... i need to download everything again... and then crack spb mobile again -____________- but if that solves the problem ill try it thanks, btw does pokemon emerald work on yours? cause ive tried it on my palm and a friends htc rhodium using pocket gba and it doesnt work, just ruby and saphire

edit: i flashed ur shermans v2.3 base rom, the one with 24 mb ram, and it works awesome, thanks XD, btw i dont have a memory sd so, if i ave 14mb of storage left will it work fine? i have 30 left right now with emerald and zelda minish cap, yea emeralds working now to

Last edited:

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
btw i dont have a memory sd so, if i ave 14mb of storage left will it work fine? i have 30 left right now with emerald and zelda minish cap, yea emeralds working now to

That is fine. I once ran my Treo with only 2MB space available, and it was okay mostly because with Big Storage, the \Windows folder takes up a small amount of available storage, making it easier for the system to read files in that folder. And since you did not fill up your available storage with a lot of small tiny files, that's even better :)

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
yea, its great even with megaman zero, however i have been thinking, its there any way to get the tro with like 34mb of ram? cause only like that u culd play games like kingdom hearts com, and it would be awesome to play that on palm, i tried it and it ran great untill the first movie started , then it crashed.

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
yea, its great even with megaman zero, however i have been thinking, its there any way to get the tro with like 34mb of ram? cause only like that u culd play games like kingdom hearts com, and it would be awesome to play that on palm, i tried it and it ran great untill the first movie started , then it crashed.

You might want to look up that Kingdom Hearts game, from what I read it never worked at all for anyone, regardless of what they used (PC emulator, flash card, etc).

The Treo could have at least 32mb if I severely limit filesys.exe and take out all the phone related stuff like dialer and the today plugins, and then lower pagepool to 4.5mb :)

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
well actually it has worked for me on vba pc and iplayer for ds but it seems that in gba emulators for android and so, during the first movie te game freezes, thought it seems that for android they have lready found a solution, lazy ass square enix decided not to put a skip scene function -.-, o well... but it works at first even thought it is 32 mb the only thing that doesnt work its the firs movie, howcome it runs even thought this rom only has 24mb ram?

and for the rom, it would be awesome XD but maybe it is going a little to far

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
I see, so that ROM actually does work, it's just the program used to open it...

...but it works at first even thought it is 32 mb the only thing that doesnt work its the firs movie, howcome it runs even thought this rom only has 24mb ram?

Did you enable sound? I believe they won't take up much RAM if sound is off. Another reason could be because with a lower pagepool, you're able to run those RAM hungry apps together, as long as they are being used one at a time.

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
i tried it with all possible combinations, even small screen without sound and every fps from 0 to 10 but nothing, look at this video, what happens to this dude who has android is what happens to me to, but somehow he does something on this video and fixes the bug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uak__eT4nk

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
i tried it with all possible combinations, even small screen without sound and every fps from 0 to 10 but nothing, look at this video, what happens to this dude who has android is what happens to me to, but somehow he does something on this video and fixes the bug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uak__eT4nk

Sorry for the late reply, but I know what that user in the video was talking about. So I tried to see if that will work, and I actually did get it to work in the Chinese version 2.4.2, I attached a screenshot.

Here's how to make it work. When the emulator crashes, just load the emulator again and then load the ROM. That's it, that's all I had to do lol.

But if that doesn't work for you, what the user described in the video was you have to save a state before the video plays, and then load that state. It should work by then. If all videos still freeze, tap the red square to go back to the menu and then resume the game.

If the game still doesn't work maybe you downloaded a bad one?

Attachments

• WM6-ver2.5_073.jpg
    WM6-ver2.5_073.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 20

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
hey, sorry for the delay, i couldnt use the internet, thanks i couldnt find out how to save states in the chinese version but i just skipped the movie on my pc and then transfered the sav data to my palm, btw awesome rom dude its the first wm6.1 rom ive ever seen with all these XD

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
hey, sorry for the delay, i couldnt use the internet, thanks i couldnt find out how to save states in the chinese version but i just skipped the movie on my pc and then transfered the sav data to my palm, btw awesome rom dude its the first wm6.1 rom ive ever seen with all these XD

Ah, I was wondering where you were, hope all is well.

I got a few surprises for Version 2.6, if my testing can get finished I think you're going to have an even better GBA experience than the speed on the Touch Pro.

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
hey sorry i take so much time to answerr, my service provider sucks ive been a month without internet now, and as for the 2.6 version thats awesome thanks dude, keep up the good work :)

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
hey sorry i take so much time to answerr, my service provider sucks ive been a month without internet now, and as for the 2.6 version thats awesome thanks dude, keep up the good work :)

Well I have internet problems too, so better late than never I always say :)

I think though I made the Treo too fast now, it is only 300mhz but my latest ROM is acting like a 524mhz phone. Sometimes that causes freezes lol.

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
haaha. ea thats awesome, i guess ou cant run windows 7 on a 1995 computer, but hats awesome, that just proves nothing is impossible XD

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
bi thw wai ,sorri mi keiboard lost the whi, is there an wa to upgrade fjortsols wm.5.3 roms ram to 23 mb or so? cause im thinking of repairing mi old ttrreo and putting fjortsols rom into it, one for schoOL and other for games, but i dunno, im selling m bb storm 9530 for 200 bucks but i dont know if to bu a 3ds a ps vita or a google nexus one, if i bui the 3ds or ps vita then ill repair m old treo, ani advice?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.