MetroUI Theme By BroBot175

Search This thread

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Guys on your forum the night nightlies really are nightlies so I won't be keeping up with them
The porting method is really easy so give it a try and if your successful send me the file and I'll put it on the website :)
I must have got the links messed up and I'll change that tonight :)

cYraXx

Oct 9, 2010
okay thx a lot... the porting method worked for me with the latest cm9 build... it booted up completely

One4mNoWhere

Oct 10, 2010
Hi, am trying to follow the step by step but on step 5 I can't get to the settings in Desktop visualizer. I did do step 6 which worked fine. And am using ADW EX

jnork

Dec 29, 2011
Thanks nice theme! I'm using it right now. Will you ever port the buff theme for the xoom?

tikiral

Nov 30, 2009
Hi, am trying to follow the step by step but on step 5 I can't get to the settings in Desktop visualizer. I did do step 6 which worked fine. And am using ADW EX

Saw the same thing. Not a huge deal, you just have to clear the app name and Orange color every time when configuring the widget. Probably a DV version thing.

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
i have gotten this working on cornerstone builds however... due to the way cornerstone shrinks the main window, there is a bit of a larger gap present between the tiles..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-26-11-20-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-26-11-20-32.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 277

Treken

Nov 27, 2010
Houston
I'm using a touchpad. The problem I have is the icons aren't fitting like they are in your screen shots. The big and small icons don't fit right when making them the instructed columns and rows size. Also, I was wondering how you get the launcher on the top with the apps drawer button on the top left. Thanks

Treken

Nov 27, 2010
Houston
Update: I upgraded ADW launcher to Ex and all is good now. I should have realized when the .xml restore file was named adw_ex instead of just adw. Thanks for this. I'll be donating for sure.

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Works better in a non cornerstone build obviously... Here is it on aokp milestone 5 wingray

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335752121977.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335752121977.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 482

Treken

Nov 27, 2010
Houston
the pinch thingy is an app caled gesture controll

ive got a day tmrw free of many plans so ill try and do as many of these ports as possible :)
thanks to whoever just sent me a donation :)

Nice! Will you do the Metro UI for the latest CM9 nightly? Thanks so much. Also, this payday will be your payday from me. ;-)

Touchpad

Last edited:

pots22

Feb 29, 2012
Stara Zagora
test on EOS Everest release 2.0.0

I flash your stuff on my XOOM MZ601 ROM Everest Release 2.0

All ok during the flash, the TAB restart correctly, the original icons are changed in the taskbar with beautifull icons.
For the rest my tab stay exactly the same and work perfect.
After that i install ADW EX i rename the file ADW_exe_settings.html to ADW_settings.html. make restore with ADW (ok) my desktop stay the same.
After that i understand nothing with your explanations.
What's happend normaly after your flash ?
The desktop start like windows 8 and after that you configure the title the size etc...?

MattiSixx

Dec 17, 2012
Nexus 7 help

Can you port this over to the Nexus 7? I don't care what rom you would have to use because I tried porting this over myself and it was a complete failure....my tech skills will only go so far lol

MattiSixx

Dec 17, 2012
Wait is this compatible with any of the cyanogen mods? Sorry I've never had to port and flash a theme before and I'm running android 4.2 and your theme only works for honeycomb and ics right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all
    Im Brobot175 (Rob) from over on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum.
    I decided to make a thread in this forum as i have recently release 2 Xoom ports

full.gif

^^^not what it really looks like but a good representation^^^

Metro UI - Brobot175.co.uk - Click Me

Check out website for screenshots and full change log

What is it?

This theme allows you to make your homescreen look like the windows 8 metro. It also themes your notifications pannel and taskbar to fit with the MetroUI.

What is it compatable with?

This is compatible with the Team EOS Wifi Nightlies Build 91 ROM and the Unofficial CM9 by Steady Hawking
    To anyone else looking on this Forum is is also compatible with the
    Galaxy tab 10.1
    TouchPad
    Kindle Fire
    Acer a500
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer
    Advent Vega
    Asus Transformer Prime
    Xoom
    Optimus Pad

Whats to come?

My website is brand new and still in beta so i shall be working on it to clear out any bugs.

I shall add tutorials on how to customize more of the theme like the widgets.

More Widgets.

Any other Bug fixes

If your tab for any reason goes into a bootloop just flash your ROM again without wipeing anything and it will go back to how you had it

the pinch thingy is an app caled gesture controll

ive got a day tmrw free of many plans so ill try and do as many of these ports as possible :)
    thanks to whoever just sent me a donation :)
    EOS 4G Nightly 79; SystemUI https://www.box.com/shared/14e42e203f53c01d5e2b Framework https://www.box.com/shared/a5c99d274b4201273cf8 please, Thanks!

Edit: 79 is out. I replaced 78 with 79
    ive put up all the ones on this thread
    3 more :)
    Sorry I keep posting but I don't think their are any honeycomb or ics roms for nexus 7. Are you considering making this compatible with jellybean? I just love the look of the windows 8 start screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app