[ROM] [AUG 25] KingCobra1X 1.5 | 2.29.207.1 | 4.0.4 | SENSE 4.1

Search This thread

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
I ported both variants of the Extended Quick Settings for use with this ROM (Standard battery and Percent Battery).

The work fine but I could not test the data arrows because my phone does not like Rogers based ROM's and I am sure I did not install it correctly.

If you would like to try them out they are here in the SECOND post: [MOD - 6/3] - Sense 4.0 EQS V3.5 - 1.85 base - Haz Flashlight! - W or W/O Batt %!

If for some reason there is an issue that I did not see I also included the stock status bar too.

Test them out and let me know how they work. Please leave all comments in my thread so we dont muddy up this thread with mod discussion.

HOX-QS3.png

Just replied to your thread. Your changes are working great! I'm getting an FC on boot up but I'll play around with it.

Huge thanks!

-Scott

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: Scott

LNKNPRKFN

Dec 16, 2010
BRAMPTON
Love the ROM... Any way to lose the extra development splash screen with red writing on bootup?

Reactions: Turge

Turge

Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
Love the ROM... Any way to lose the extra development splash screen with red writing on bootup?

Not yet anyways.. that comes up when flashing a non-signed recovery. If you flash the boot_signed.img from the RUU, it won't come up but you'll lose the unsecured boot along with init.d support (although there are ways around this one)

Reactions: LNKNPRKFN

firesting

Jul 13, 2011
Hey, im on CleanRom 2.2 standard at the moment with a rogers unit. I went to that custom rom since it's based on att's 1.85 and the WIFI bug is fixed finally! lol.. Does this rom (based on rogers RUU) still have the wifi bug?

cao0215

Sep 3, 2011
can i see the caller when my phone is in locked screen ? i flash the rom and found i have to unlock and then i can see who is calling.

CasseTrop

Aug 22, 2009
Montreal
can i see the caller when my phone is in locked screen ? i flash the rom and found i have to unlock and then i can see who is calling.

Post #1.
Issues

If selecting AOSP Lockscreen, you will have to unlock the phone before seeing who is calling you and being able to answer the phone. I'm still trying to get the AOSP Phone working to properly integrate with the lockscreen.

Reactions: cao0215

killathenoob

Nov 27, 2010
Hamilton
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
YOU SIR ARE THE BEST.

I have a rogers HOX unlocked on the telus network and I've never been able to get the phone to connect to Telus LTE. some times it would show LTE in the status bar but I would only get about 10mbps download. I was ready to give up on using this phone on telus LTE and just deal with the normal 4G speeds. BUT

with your rom my phone connects to Telus LTE and my downloads are about 26mbps - 45mbps I dont know what you did but thank you very much.

your rom is perfect added the quick settings and dual core mod and this phone flies with no problems what so ever. everything works like it should and again you are the best.

Reactions: LNKNPRKFN and Turge

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
YOU SIR ARE THE BEST.

I have a rogers HOX unlocked on the telus network and I've never been able to get the phone to connect to Telus LTE. some times it would show LTE in the status bar but I would only get about 10mbps download. I was ready to give up on using this phone on telus LTE and just deal with the normal 4G speeds. BUT

with your rom my phone connects to Telus LTE and my downloads are about 26mbps - 45mbps I dont know what you did but thank you very much.

your rom is perfect added the quick settings and dual core mod and this phone flies with no problems what so ever. everything works like it should and again you are the best.

did this rom flash a radio??? I'm trying to get back on stock rogers radio...I'm pretty sure ruu is my only way...

Turge

Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
YOU SIR ARE THE BEST.

Not sure why it would be different, but you just got me excited about being on Telus LTE by the end of the week (hopefully!)

did this rom flash a radio??? I'm trying to get back on stock rogers radio...I'm pretty sure ruu is my only way...

Looks like it. I just tried flashing the Rogers radio to no avail:
Code:
sending 'radio' (34053 KB)...
OKAY [  2.842s]
writing 'radio'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 6.760s

hv6478

Apr 14, 2009
Not sure why it would be different, but you just got me excited about being on Telus LTE by the end of the week (hopefully!)

Dude LTE is unbelievable. I'm on a regular plan and still get 40mbps in many places lmao regular 6GB data plan. This ROM is working very well for me so far. Rock solid stable radio and wifi and hotspot. Thank you, sincerely, from the Canucks!

Let us know how blown your mind is after you're on LTE.

I will post back when I'm home later.

Sent from my King Cobrafied HTC One XL

Turge

Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
I'm really excited, I held off roms because I currently don't have a PC for ruus. I'll flash this when I get home for sure.

Just one question, I've deleted most of sense myself, will that effect flashing?

Sent from my HTC Edge

When you flash a ROM, the "system" partition (where the ROM gets installed to) gets formatted so it doesn't matter what state it's in so really all you need is a custom recovery installed and the zip available on the SD card (internal storage).

Reactions: ChongoDroid

Turge

Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
I ported both variants of the Extended Quick Settings for use with this ROM (Standard battery and Percent Battery).

The work fine but I could not test the data arrows because my phone does not like Rogers based ROM's and I am sure I did not install it correctly.

If you would like to try them out they are here in the SECOND post: [MOD - 6/3] - Sense 4.0 EQS V3.5 - 1.85 base - Haz Flashlight! - W or W/O Batt %!

If for some reason there is an issue that I did not see I also included the stock status bar too.

Test them out and let me know how they work. Please leave all comments in my thread so we dont muddy up this thread with mod discussion.

HOX-QS3.png

-Scott

With Scott's help, I was able to fix the SystemUI FC's caused when signal is restored. The updates can be downloaded here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_3D_Developers/GSM/Turge/KingCobra1X/Tweaks/

These will be in v1.1 when it's ready.

Reactions: hv6478

CasseTrop

Aug 22, 2009
Montreal
Flashing this as soon as I get my Rogers HOX. Don't know how I will handle the switch from a phone running AOKP to Sense. This will help. Thank you.

qiandongyq

May 13, 2012
Kitchener
right now im on 1.85 att based rom, do i need to flash Ruu to Rogers shipped rom first then flash your rom or i can just direct flash your rom?
I'm using rogers htc one x

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Title-1X.png

Specifications

• Base: RUU 2.29.207.1
    • Android Version: 4.0.4
    • HTC Sense: 4.1
    • Kernel: Stock Modded - 3.0.8-01573-g6d0645e
    • Recommended Radio: Any (when flashing radio, don't include the RILs)
    • Recommended Recovery: TWRP 2.2.0

Features

• Fully deodexed and zipaligned
    • rooted (choice of SuperSU or SuperUser) and busybox
    • CallerIQ, HTC error reporting and HTC Feedback removed
    • Aroma Installer - customize your install
    • Aroma File Manager - manage your files from recovery
    • Unsecured boot image with init.d support
    • V6 SuperCharger! script implementation
    • battery calibration script
    • aGPS Update
    • Dim capacitive buttons tweak
    • Option to remove 3 dot menu and use "Recent" button as menu button (hold down Home for recent apps)
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Extended Quick Settings
    • Multilingual
    • All APNs added
    • HQ Sensation Camera Mod
    • Leaked Sense 4.5 Camera
    • Dual Core Mod
    • Sony xLoud Engine
    • Ability to remove Sense apps, widgets, weather, skins and live wallpapers
    • Choice of boot animations: Sense white/black/Rogers, AOSP
    • Choice of launchers: Sense (stock or landscape, 4x4 or 4x5, Menu added), Nova, Apex, GO Launcher EX, ADW.Launcher
    • Choice of apps: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, CPU Spy, Dropbox, ES File Explorer, Facebook, GMail, Google Maps, Google+, ICS Browser+, Quick Boot, ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, Twitter, YouTube
    • Choice of AOSP apps: Browser, Clock, Calculator, Messaging, Keyboard, Calendar, Mail, Lockscreen
    • Choice of auto brightness settings: Normal, Lower, Lowest
    • Choice of signal icons: Rogers/Telus/AT&T/AT&T Custom (AT&T icons with everything else non-AT&T)
    • Volume Wake
    • Ability to hide AM/PM from status bar clock
    • Choice of Sense or AOSP task switcher
    • Battery Mods: stock, percent, big percent

Prerequisites

• HTC-Dev Unlocked
    • Custom recovery (CWM, TWRP)

Downloads (Check out the "Issues" list below before flashing)
    ROM:
    Mods/Tweaks/Fixes (for v1.4)

Radios (Flash via Recovery)

Change Log
    1.5 - Aug 25
    • Full data wipe needed when upgrading from version previous to 1.4
    • Signal Icons: Rogers/Telus/AT&T/AT&T Custom (AT&T icons with everything else non-AT&T)
    • Battery mods: Stock/Percent/Big Percent
    • Auto screen brightness: Normal, Lower, Lowest
    • Volume Wake
    • All mods now controlled by prop settings in /system/etc/init.d
    • Dropbox/Gallery fix
    • Friendstream sources fix
    • Flashlight added to Quick Settings - "Network settings" removed
    • Ability to hide AM/PM from clock
    • AOSP Task Manager - ability to display recent tasks in AOSP style
    • All APK's updated to latest version

1.4 - Aug 11
    • New base: 2.29.207.1 - Full wipe needed when upgrading from previous version
    • New Sense 4.1
    • New Rosie mods: Portrait, Portrait/Landscape, Menu option added, 4x4 or 4x5 (columns/rows) homescreen
    • choice of Rogers/Telus, AT&T, stock signal icons

1.3 - Jul 28
    • New base: 2.23.707.2 - No wipe needed when upgrading from previous version
    • AOSP Calendar added
    • All APK's updated
    • More

1.2 - Jun 20
    • Landscape Rosie choice
    • Skype video fix (green screen problem still exists)
    • Added HQ Camera Mod choice
    • Added Dual Core Mod choice
    • Added AOSP Mail app choice
    • AOSP Clock and Calendar now replace Sense versions
    • Fixed AOSP Calendar
    • Added Sony xLoud Engine

1.1 - Jun 9
    • New base: 1.88.707.2
    • AOSP Calendar added
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Extended Quick Settings

1.0 - Jun 3
    • Initial Release

Install

• If getting signature validation failed errors, make sure signature checks in recovery are disabled
    • Wiping data is required if coming from a previous base.
    • The install formats system, cache, etc. so there is no need for super wipe scripts. Wiping data through the install is optional.
    • Download the ZIP file to your SD card
    • Reboot into recovery and "Install ZIP from SD Card". Follow the Aroma Installer wizard
    • Reboot

Issues

• If selecting AOSP Lockscreen, you will have to unlock the phone before seeing who is calling you and being able to answer the phone. I'm still trying to get the AOSP Phone working to properly integrate with the lockscreen.
    • If getting com.android.phone FC, flash this

Screenshots

Contributors (Thank you so much for your donation!)

• BlueHawk * 3
    • G-Bus
    • killathenoob
    • nimrodsv
    • st_voss
    • yobbei
    • DozKiwi
    • Gr8lats
    • dB Zac
    • natcrk
    • dodava

If you like my work, feel free to buy me a beer:

If you install this ROM, please hit the
    Thanks.png
    button.
    Instructions

Changing radio/firmware versions

taylor.fowler compiled all radios into a flashable zip which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1694012

These zip files can be flashed like any other zip files via recovery.
    Good news for anyone still waiting on me. First things first.......im sorry u guys. My girl took my one x, and i moved on to the DNA. However, i got a one x again, and im back in business!!! :p So i will b working on this again, but.......no time frame guys. Im not gonna promise anything i cant deliver. Ive learned quite a bit since Turge handed this over to me, which btw, was completely awesome of him!! And ill just b picking through this, and adding everything "new" since the last rom. May b awhile b4 its done, as this is my first real project. Thanks guys.

Zound

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Reserved #2
    Turge doesnt have the time to maintain this rom/thread anymore. He offered me to take it over, which i gladly accepted! So, heres the deal, turge and i will b updating this when jb comes out, then ill b adding in the things i like, which i know u all will like! Im a sense guy so.........no plans to desense it! A lot of u know me already, and some of u dont, this will b my first rom, and turge has agreed to help. I know a lot, but not everything. Lol.

I can promise u this.........the rom will b sick, because i wont run sh!t! Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know. And give a huge THANKS, "publicly" to Turge for giving me a chance, and answering a lot of questions. :D next week ill b active in this thread, just so u all know. And cant wait for jb to drop! Deuces peeps. :p

RATTLED FROM MY ONE XL USING ICS TAPATALK 2