[APP CONCEPT] Facebook Holo/Google-style app design concept

Search This thread

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Holo Facebook app concept

The Facebook's app new flat UI is quite nice but it's still far off the Holo design. This is why I designed this concept of what I always wanted the Facebook app to look like. It is basically the current Facebook flat UI with parts based on the latest update of the Google Newsstand app. The first photo shows the phone version, the rest show the tablet (Nexus 7) version in portrait mode.

I am not a developer so there is no way I will be actually able to make this app, but I decided to share it in case there is a developer who could! If so make sure to contact me.

Facebook%20Holo%20Phone%201.png

Facebook%20Holo%20Phone%202.png

Facebook%20Holo%201.png

Facebook%20Holo%203.png

Please tell me what you think!

Last edited:

Narciso Neto

May 27, 2012
THIS is a good looking app... Hope Facebook see this and update their app UI (wich looks ridiculous on Tablets) or someone build an app with this concept as base. :good: :good: :good:

Reactions: Yeti12

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Could you add translucent status bar

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I would add a translucent status bar except I am against the use of it in certain apps, it makes the top of the app look strangely long and it makes it seem like Android is following everything iOS is doing. I love the translucent bars when it comes to showing pictures (something the stock gallery ironically doesn't do), the home launcher and a few other places where it works really well, however when the app has the huge menu/title bar at the top I think there isn't much purpose to have it translucent as it just shows the colour behind it.

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
THIS is a good looking app... Hope Facebook see this and update their app UI (wich looks ridiculous on Tablets) or someone build an app with this concept as base. :good: :good: :good:

Thank you! and I hope so as well! The current Facebook app layout is a huge improvement over the previous one which simply looked horrid in my opinion, but the current one still could be improved. My idea shows the holo concept, it would make the Facebook app more consistent with the other Android apps and therefore easier/more enjoyable to use.

I think Google should definitely have more control or enforce more of their guidelines for the app designs because what we have right now (especially from 3rd party apps, especially big ones like Facebook) is inconsistent mess really. Google needs to do something about it but honestly they need to do something about their apps first, if you want to know what I mean just open an app like Play Store or Newsstand and look at the layout and icons there and at the icons for search and pop out menu, then open their brand new app of Docs and just look at everything as a whole! The slide out menu is completely different from their other apps, and the icons on the title bar are also different, why change the search icon, the previous one was nice!

I am aware that I am looking at details here, but really these are quite major ones really, if this is the way Google is going with their apps (I mean the style of Docs) then that's fine with me, just please update the other apps to go along with it!

Sorry for the long paragraph but I honestly think they should do something about it, I'm pretty sure there are others who feel the same way as me.

soumitpl48

May 5, 2012
Kolkata
That's an awsome concept, and some awsome design. I'm actually a little bit disappointed that such an app is not available yet.
You may..no..You Definitely should talk to guys at the Holofication Nation. They are Holofying apps for quite some time now.
Oh, and please keep posted about new developments. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Yeti12

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
That's an awsome concept, and some awsome design. I'm actually a little bit disappointed that such an app is not available yet.
You may..no..You Definitely should talk to guys at the Holofication Nation. They are Holofying apps for quite some time now.

Thank you! And I am disappointed too! I'm aware of the holofication nation and they're doing some great work!

The Facebook app is a tricky one since its UI isn't controlled by the app, but by the server (that's what I've heard) therefore can't be themed, which would mean a new app would have to be made.

I wish I could be able to actually make an app like that but since I don't know much about coding (I know quite a bit about theming) I can't really do anything, I can provide a concept at least!

I'm planning to make a Holo concept for the Twitter app as well, it will be similar to this one (I think).

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Would anyone like to see a Quantum Paper Facebook app concept?

For those who don't know Quantum Paper is the rumoured new user interface which will be seen in the upcoming version Android (and other platforms), for more information head over to Android Police

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holo Facebook app concept

The Facebook's app new flat UI is quite nice but it's still far off the Holo design. This is why I designed this concept of what I always wanted the Facebook app to look like. It is basically the current Facebook flat UI with parts based on the latest update of the Google Newsstand app. The first photo shows the phone version, the rest show the tablet (Nexus 7) version in portrait mode.

I am not a developer so there is no way I will be actually able to make this app, but I decided to share it in case there is a developer who could! If so make sure to contact me.

Facebook%20Holo%20Phone%201.png

Facebook%20Holo%20Phone%202.png

Facebook%20Holo%201.png

Facebook%20Holo%203.png

Please tell me what you think!
    Could you add translucent status bar

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I would add a translucent status bar except I am against the use of it in certain apps, it makes the top of the app look strangely long and it makes it seem like Android is following everything iOS is doing. I love the translucent bars when it comes to showing pictures (something the stock gallery ironically doesn't do), the home launcher and a few other places where it works really well, however when the app has the huge menu/title bar at the top I think there isn't much purpose to have it translucent as it just shows the colour behind it.