[App] Personal Shopping Assist - Barcodereader

Search This thread

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
Hello,

my first app called "Personal Shopping Assist" has arrvied at the marketplace.

With PSA you can take a picture from a product barcode an then have a look at the best price from the internet. So you can decide to buy it in the shop or order it online.

At the moment the app searches with google-shopping but in the next version I'll add support for ebay, amazon and son german price-finding-websites. And for the future it is planed to support testwebsites like ciao! too, so you can read what a product is rated befor you buy it.

Till now only version 1.0 is online, but version 1.1 is already in the certification-process. With version 1.1 the barcode recognition has dramtically increased.

Thank you to everyone to try it

Last edited:

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
I have renamed the App (on marketplace) to "PSA Barcodereader" so all the users who search for "barcode" can find it.

When you search for "PSA" or "barcode" you should find it. Alternativly you can look under "Livestyle / Shopping"

Mighty Panther

Nov 18, 2010
Question

I have two questions.
  1. Is the application multilingually, particularly German?
  2. Can the application read only barcode or also QR code (matrix barcode)?

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
I have two questions.
  1. Is the application multilingually, particularly German?
  2. Can the application read only barcode or also QR code (matrix barcode)?

1. Yes it is fully multilingual (UI and searchresults). At the moment only English and German, but Spanish, Francis and Italiano will follow tomorrow with version 1.3

2. At the Moment the App only reads EAN13-barcodes because that is the most used type for products. The development for EAN8 and the formats for USA and japan is currently in progress

TschonDoe

Feb 28, 2008
Karlsruhe
Works for me, and the prices are very good for Germany.

Maybe you can make it possible to filter the results, for example only for Amazon. I don't want to register in a new shop just to save a few cents.

yosagojimbo

Dec 16, 2008
it says on the XDA portal that it's free, yet it's 99p on marketplace (I know that's not much, but saying its free then it has to be paid for is not good).

I see it's only got 2 stars, I prefer to make my own judgement on apps, and also with there not being many reviews it's not subjective (it could be a competitor marking it down to give their own app an advantage).

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
$1.29 and bad reviews?

Good luck with that.

There is only one "bad" review with two stars and that guy ratet it based on the first version wich has a little bug in the barcode recognition algo.

At the moment the app is on thrid place under "top lifestyle" and on 151th place on the over all top list.

and the ranking in the topslists on appsfuze is good too.

Works for me, and the prices are very good for Germany.

Maybe you can make it possible to filter the results, for example only for Amazon. I don't want to register in a new shop just to save a few cents.

thank you very much for this input... I'll implement a feature for selecting the "favorite shops" and the search result will be fist grouped by favorite shop / not favorit shop and then sorted by price... ok?

it says on the XDA portal that it's free, yet it's 99p on marketplace (I know that's not much, but saying its free then it has to be paid for is not good).

I see it's only got 2 stars, I prefer to make my own judgement on apps, and also with there not being many reviews it's not subjective (it could be a competitor marking it down to give their own app an advantage).

thank you for you support... the portal is a litle bit lazy... when you go to marketplace on the phone there are 4 reviews, three with 5 stars and one with 2 stars, so the actual total ratig is 4 stars.

but anyway... I will do my best to make the app as good as possible, so that anyone who bought it will be satisfied with it.

Last edited:

TschonDoe

Feb 28, 2008
Karlsruhe
thank you very much for this input... I'll implement a feature for selecting the "favorite shops" and the search result will be fist grouped by favorite shop / not favorit shop and then sorted by price... ok?

Sounds good!
I guess there will be an update via Marketplace at some time?
Another suggestion: Let the user choose which information to show in the list. I think it would be better to see the shop's name instead of the full description in for example.
Is it possible to see the shipping cost as well?

gc48067

Aug 21, 2008
Doesn't work on my Omnia7, launches the Barcode scan screen for a second then brings up the Camera for a normal picture which is then whited out due to the flash going off at close range.

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
Doesn't work on my Omnia7, launches the Barcode scan screen for a second then brings up the Camera for a normal picture which is then whited out due to the flash going off at close range.

Sorry for that... I've got a new version ready for more than ten days, but there was a problem with submitting the new version to marketplace. I've submitted the new version again today, pleas try this new version.

I've ordered different devices too, to test the app on more that my own HD7

Version 1.3:
Improved barcode recognition.
Improved scanning ui
Improved product search (Amazon, eBay and more that 200 shops in european countries)

IVIadness

Nov 30, 2010
Sorry for that... I've got a new version ready for more than ten days, but there was a problem with submitting the new version to marketplace. I've submitted the new version again today, pleas try this new version.

Version 1.3:
Improved scanning ui
Improved product search (Amazon, eBay and more that 200 shops in european countries)

If you need someone to beta test I have a samsung focus and could test for ya.

Reactions: karmantyu

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006

Thank you for your offer, but deloyment is only through marketplace at the moment, but if you or some one else could upload some pictures of UPC-barcodes, that would be fine. A use has told us through the feedback fetaure the there would be a problem with a tailing "0" in upc barcodes.

thanks for your help

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
Hello, I'm in france and it's impossible to update (the trial version) for test it, is it normal ?
error: c00cee2b

Hello,

if you have installed the trial version, there is a general marketplace bug… in some cases it is not possible to update trial version. But you can get the updated version if you uninstall the current version and reinstall the new version from marketplace.

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
Thank you for your offer, but deloyment is only through marketplace at the moment, but if you or some one else could upload some pictures of UPC-barcodes, that would be fine. A use has told us through the feedback fetaure the there would be a problem with a tailing "0" in upc barcodes.

thanks for your help

UPC handling is corrected in version 1.4 - no leading zero ;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Version 1.3:
    Improved scanning ui