[Q] How to Mount Network Folder on Leaked 4.4.2

Search This thread

stratism

Sep 20, 2011
Use a filemanager

could u help me out guys,does anyone manage to mount network folder on leaked 4.4.2? i've tried Cifs manager and Mount Manager but no luck :(

i'm gonna use it for titanium backup folder so i can backup directly to my pc.

Try es-file explorer and x-plore file manager, they will both give you the ability to mount remote folders.

Stratos.

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
You need NFS or CIFS filesystem support on your ROM / Kernel to be able to mount Network Drives.
If I'm not mistaken, stock 4.1.2 ROM doesn't have that & I don't think leaked version 4.4.2 have that.

I'm using Boeffla Kernel (4.1.2 Jelly Bean) & it have CIFS support.
I don't think we have 4.4.2 custom kernel just yet.

Last edited:

LiMITZERO

You need NFS or CIFS filesystem support on your ROM / Kernel to be able to mount Network Drives.
If I'm not mistaken, stock 4.1.2 ROM doesn't have that & I don't think leaked version 4.4.2 have that.

I'm using Boeffla Kernel (4.1.2 Jelly Bean) & it have CIFS support.
I don't think we have 4.4.2 custom kernel just yet.

yeah. i found some cifs.ko for n8000 but only for 4.1.2 but apparantly it doesnt work on leaked version.

the only reason y im looking for that solution is for me to able to backup tatiniumbackup files directly to network drive...

stratism

Sep 20, 2011
i thinks in es-file explorer u can just make a shortcut on remote folders but not mount just like sd card... i'll tyr it in x-plore . ihope it has mount folder feature. btw tnx :)

You are correct they do not really "mount" permanently the path and you can only work on the path through them.

If you want to actually "mount" then you should try AndSMB (samba client) from play store. Its free and it works (for me at least) doing exactly what you want.

Reactions: LiMITZERO

LiMITZERO

You are correct they do not really "mount" permanently the path and you can only work on the path through them.

If you want to actually "mount" then you should try AndSMB (samba client) from play store. Its free and it works (for me at least) doing exactly what you want.

+1 tnx man! almost what i'm looking for even i have to sync/upload manually al least it does do the job. but hopefully to find CIFS Mount so i can directly path Titanium backup location folder to mounted network shared folder.

Top Liked Posts