[UPDATED 7/26 - v1.4] Pimped out recovery image with new features

Search This thread

NexVision

May 10, 2005
A prompt on backup and a selectable restore option are the only things which could make this any better and those are just addons to a phenominal item.

senaia

May 14, 2009
Yet another stupendously fantastic creation from who I would consider lord and master of android, now I can keep all my updates labled with easy names like... 3.6.8.1, theme, htc music and not wonder what I just applied :D cyan doesn't deserve a beer, he deserves the brewery

Ohene

Jun 13, 2009
Im on my phone and for some reason the first page isnt loading and im new to this so....NEXT to "Johnnylicious" <==(kinda sweet dont ya think?) and thanks to DMaverick50 i appreciate the help.

johnnylicious

Nov 9, 2008
Im on my phone and for some reason the first page isnt loading and im new to this so....NEXT to "Johnnylicious" <==(kinda sweet dont ya think?) and thanks to DMaverick50 i appreciate the help.

oooh well i still believe that isn't a good enough excuse there's been numerous image recovery before this "one" and you install it the exact same way but whatever... :rolleyes:

johnnylicious

Nov 9, 2008
I have tried numerous times. The image is flashing but the error is still there

Also when I try fastboot, I get a message
fastboot:not found

if your trying to fastboot, you need the fastboot file in your android sdk tools folder so maybe thats why

and make sure your in fastboot mode hold camera + power

pensive

Jun 29, 2009
Although it is not as convenient and thought free as the UI

You can do this now from the command line by using the new nandroid-mobile.sh options.

nandroid-mobile.sh --help
will explain to you what is available now.

You can manage your backups from different folders and name them anyway
you please (don't go nuts though)

nandroid-mobile.sh -b --subname CYAN-3.6.8.1-superHERO -c
will create a compressed backup named CYAN-3.6.8.1-superHERO-CBMRS12-timestamp

nandroid-mobile.sh -r --subname 3.6.8.1 (for example)
will restore that backup if it is unique.

If you also have a backup called CYAN-3.6.8.1-sideKICK
it will give a choice which one to restore.

As far as updates go you can stick them in different folders and if you need to apply them

nandroid-mobile.sh --getupdate --path folder
will tell you what you have and will move the update into the sdcard root, preserving the name of the update
in a update.name file.

The current UI apparently only looks up updates in the sdcard root, if you want more flexibility and willing to
use the command line there are options to do that.

PLAY with it.

Yet another stupendously fantastic creation from who I would consider lord and master of android, now I can keep all my updates labled with easy names like... 3.6.8.1, theme, htc music and not wonder what I just applied :D cyan doesn't deserve a beer, he deserves the brewery

Last edited:

pensive

Jun 29, 2009
Just wipe out that log, look at it at first if you like.

1)su
2) more /cache/recovery/log
3) Hm, looks like nothing serious is going on.
4) rm -f /cache/recovery/log
5) relax

I have installed this recovery image and I keep getting an error at the bottom saying
E:Error in CACHE:recovery/log
Any ideas?
The only problem I have is with the market. I can't download anything. I keep getting a Download unsuccessful message. Other than that, the phone works ok. I haven't tried a wipe just yet.

StaggerLee123

Jul 23, 2009
Chicago
applying cyanogen recovery 1.4

Tried this several times, both from the terminal emulator in JFv1.51, and the recovery console, and kept getting a message stating the file was not found.

I finally had to manually mount the sdcard through the console, cd into it, then run the commands to successfully apply the update.

XL3N7

Dec 31, 2006
Limassol
fastboot lives on your PC.

Yes, got it now but still, the recovery image is flashing fine, so I don't think it's going to help. I'm at work right now, so I won't be able to use my PC before tomorrow.

I have tried removing the log but the error is still there. Gonna perform a wipe now and see what happens

Ok, the error is gone now. The wipe has done the trick.

Last edited:

mhsbrian

May 18, 2009
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 7 Pro
Love the new recovery!

One thing I think could improve it, I have downloaded most of the ROMS into my download folder on my phone to keep my root directory clean on the SD card.

I think your update from ZIP option would be a whole lot more effective and cool if it searched the whole SD instead of just the root directory.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This recovery hasn't been maintained in almost a year.

Use Clockwork or Amon_RA.

Mods please close :)