[UNLOCK] AT&T Bootloader Unlock Through HTC-Dev

Search This thread

supercluver

Nov 19, 2005
Austin, TX
This is interesting....

I'm unlocked. Unlocking did NOT wipe my sdcard.... all my pics and files were still there....

Thought it would. Shouldn't it?

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor

I would think it wouldn't wipe the SD card. Since that is their only form of storage.

edit: sorry for the double post guys.

Also, I am working with someone so that we can restore your userdata after the unlock. That could all be scripted even into the root and this could potentially be a 1-2 click stock to unlocked+rooted

edit: One more, sorry guys. If someone wants to risk A) Sharing their IMEI and B) Flashing someone's pre edited image w/ their IMEI, it would probably be worthwhile to your community.

Last edited:

grankin01

Feb 9, 2008
Georgetown, KY
It didn't clear my stuff either. If a script is to be made it will need to be someone else. Scripting is something I haven't done in forever and even though this one wouldn't be complicated I don't trust myself to do it right now. ;)

I may still give it a go later but all I have to work with is a 4 year old netbook and worn out patience for said netbook. :D

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Scott

maybe... Does it really matter? It is just one more risk to take. And just knowing someone's random IMEI is useless I think.

Whats life without risk? Boredom!

But yes, its confidential info. Reason being is that its tied to the phone. If some d-bag got pissed or just went bezerkers they could call the imie in as lost / stolen and screw over the donor. (Assuming the knew the ATT Account info as well).

So no, its not useless. It has a valid purpose. To identifiy the phone uniquely on the network.

Also, are you getting a HOX?

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Do you actually know the specific mistake you made? I'm not understanding what you did wrong...unless it's the whole "for some reason it didn't work on a mac" deal.

what I did wrong was not put the hex editor in overwrite mode, it appended the rogers001 to the line instead of replacing the CID

It was hard bricked deader than dead. Wouldn't show charging, I held down power for several minutes actually with no response.

I got it replaced.

con247

Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Whats life without risk? Boredom!

But yes, its confidential info. Reason being is that its tied to the phone. If some d-bag got pissed or just went bezerkers they could call the imie in as lost / stolen and screw over the donor. (Assuming the knew the ATT Account info as well).

So no, its not useless. It has a valid purpose. To identifiy the phone uniquely on the network.

Also, are you getting a HOX?

I guess zeroing it out could work. IDK the consequences of that on the phone though. Who knows, a mismatch could brick.

I won't be paying for a HOX. If I was sent one I would help the community, make things, etc, but I am not paying for one because I won't use it as a daily phone. I am just interested in helping out here because my friend wants a HOX LTE but isn't interested if there isn't development.

m0n3y0n7r335

Jul 28, 2010
Hm, sometimes I get this problem with fastboot as well. Oddly enough, as long as my device is in fastboot mode, it works. To confirm that the device is in the right mode, your phone should say "FASTBOOT USB" in white lettering with a red background, not just "FASTBOOT".

oZ0e9.jpg

(Also, note, unlocked but it is still S-ON.)

Still not working, I took pictures in case that would help at all, if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated! :]

Scott

I guess zeroing it out could work. IDK the consequences of that on the phone though. Who knows, a mismatch could brick.

I won't be paying for a HOX. If I was sent one I would help the community, make things, etc, but I am not paying for one because I won't use it as a daily phone. I am just interested in helping out here because my friend wants a HOX LTE but isn't interested if there isn't development.

Yeah, the HOX is bad ass man! I wish you would get one and port twrp! We could have some serisou fun on this device! You could port over all the cool stuff you made.

Oh and if you need an extra Rezound let me know, lol I'll cut you a Developer deal.

If you want to work together on twrp I would be happy to help. And when I say work together I mean you do it all and I test lol. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do this at your own risk!!! This could turn your new phone into a very expensive paperweight!!! If you don't know how to do it or are uncomfortable DON'T DO IT!!!

You need ADB and an understanding of how to use it and have a rooted device (although I didn't test this). You will also need a hex editor like HxD.

BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS!!!! WHEN HTCDEV UNLOCKS YOUR DEVICE YOU MUST START FROM SCRATCH!!!

1. Fire up your command prompt and go to the directory that you have ADB installed to. Type "adb shell" and hit enter.

2. Type "su" and hit enter. You now have root privileges.

3. Next type "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. This will dump the partition to your sdcard.

4. Next type "exit", hit enter, type "exit", and hit enter again. This should take you back to a command prompt for your computer.

5. type "adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. NOTE THE SIZE OF THE FILE BEFORE THE NEXT STEP!

6. Open the file (mmcblk0p4) with your hex editor.

7. Look for offset 00000210 (if your on RUU version 1.82 the offset may be 00000214) and you should see CWS__001 with your IMEI number attached to it.

8. Change CWS__001 to 11111111 and save the file as mmcblk0p4MOD. This will give you SuperCID as well. :D MAKE SURE AT THIS POINT THAT THE FILE IS THE EXACT SIZE IT WAS BEFORE YOU HEX EDITED IT!

9. Now go back to your command prompt and type "adb push mmcblk0p4MOD /sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD" and hit enter.

10. Type "adb shell" and hit enter then type "su" and hit enter again. This will put you back into the android shell and give you root privileges.

11. Type "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. To test if it worked restart the phone into fastboot (type "adb reboot bootloader" and hit enter) and once the bootloader screen comes up type "fastboot oem readcid" and hit enter. It should read "11111111".

12. Next type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and hit enter. Leave that up on your screen and go to HTCdev.com. Follow the instructions from there. Choose "All other supported models" from the dropdown menu.

For those having trouble with the hex editor portion of this I have posted a picture from Squeak22 showing exactly what it should look like. Thanks Squeak22!

Enjoy all!

Guy
    Worked for me with CID 11111111.

Thanks, my friend, now I can stop that f'ing thread...

IMG_0502.jpg
    Ya, a complete write up with step-by-step pictures would be nice... since this is sort of dangerous with a potential to get a brick.

probably need to make a script that can do all dd and hexing, that would make it much safer.
    All those involved in the argument should stop now. I'll be visiting this page in the next few hours. If I see another response, infractions will be handed out.

Follow the steps carefully, use caution, don't blame others, and don't ***** each other out. If you have a problem, private message me.

you-were-saying_o_187166.gif
    Now all we need is SK to finish CWM Recovery! :)

Thanks, Will try when I get home

Now I can actually test the f-ing thing, should be a gimme...I am so relieved this is done. Now its working recovery and s-off time...;). Again, thanks grankin...