[THEMED APP] [CM/AOSP/TW] Dark Themed MMS v3.1 3/12/13 - Quick Reply, Group, Emojis -

Search This thread

Eggsnbacon

Oct 14, 2012
How did you fix the no quick reply in the dropdown, it's happening to me on the people's Rom. I'm using the white and blue version

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Has anyone here been successful in getting a AOSP messaging app from a 4.2.2 rom to work with a TW rom. Whenever I try that the system just does not recognize the app and does not show as installed. Or is this even possible.

TesterTeamDilligas_zpscd96ff6f.png

AdMire

Apr 11, 2012
For those who don't know, it is now possible to use AOSP messaging on TW Roms as I discovered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086834 (Thanks loserskater)

Instructions:

1. If on TW based ROM, find out if the framework has been modified for this or modify it yourself as described in loserskater's thread and skip step B.
8(c). If it exists find /system/app/SecMms.apk and delete it. If it doesn't exist skip to step XI.
B. If on CM/AOSP ROM skip step 1 & 8(c) and proceed to step XI.
XI. Drop the attached file in /system/app/ change name to "Mms.apk" change permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot.

Is that what you are asking?

Reactions: sparkerjc

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
Has anyone here been successful in getting a AOSP messaging app from a 4.2.2 rom to work with a TW rom. Whenever I try that the system just does not recognize the app and does not show as installed. Or is this even possible.

TesterTeamDilligas_zpscd96ff6f.png

Loserskater got it to work. Lots of people use it. Its baked into a lot of TW custom roms now as well.

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
..and did you follow the instructions in the OP for editing the .jar files?

Yes I do have a working Mod for the Goodness Rom as seen here

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42568059&postcount=2036

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42553713&postcount=2027

But I am actually trying to use the Mms.apk from the new Illusion Rom as it is the higly customizable Mms and newer with more features and also better group mms support and just all around better. But when using this app it does not show in app drawer and system wont install cause it says it has a phrasing problem.

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
I get a FC when I try to set a custom vibrate pattern using this. Anyone else experience that?

catalyst11

Jul 21, 2009
Mpls
I get a FC when I try to set a custom vibrate pattern using this. Anyone else experience that?

Yes I do as well on 3.1. It's been like that since I installed it when it first got updated. How I was able to use a custom vibrate pattern is install an older version of the Mms.apk then customize the vibrate, then copy the latest Mms.apk over the old version with Root Explorer/Root Browser, change permissions and then reboot.

Reactions: jonnythan

sweeds

Jul 13, 2011
Boston
Does this get blank messages from iPhone 4 in group mms threads? Most AOSP mms ports seem to have this bug...

Sent from my SGS3 via Tapatalk 4 Beta

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
Does this get blank messages from iPhone 4 in group mms threads? Most AOSP mms ports seem to have this bug...

Sent from my SGS3 via Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah, it does.

Also, to anyone using this- it will work as-is, but I won't be updating it until there is a stable GS4 AOSP rom to run as a daily driver, or a way to port it to TW roms.

I upgraded my phone, so sorry about the lack of updates. You don't pay me anyway, so deal with it. :cool:

Reactions: TheDriller and XSWG
C

CantThinkOfAUsername

Working perfectly on CyanogenMod 10.1.3.

Will you be updating this (or at least the MMS compression) when 4.4 ROMs come out?

Thanks again.

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
Reactions: AdMire

AdMire

Apr 11, 2012
I saw that, but I was digging your dark theme with the white/blue text. No problem, thanks for the response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first themeing attempt. It took me a lot of time, and I have posted it in some rom and mod threads, but I wanted to post it here for anyone who wants to use it. Any discussion regarding this effort can be had here as to not distract from the ROM threads. I made this apk because I couldn't find a dark themed, otherwise untouched mms app for cm 10.1. It has the quick reply, read and call buttons in the drop down. The only thing I changed was the colors. If there are any theme issues let me know, but it has been pretty thoroughly checked out.

For those who don't know, it is now possible to use AOSP messaging on TW Roms as I discovered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086834 (Thanks loserskater)

That inspired me to get it working on Bean's ROM, which I did and if you are on Bean's ROM you can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

This app will work with ANY ROM compatible with cm10.1 mms apps. This apk is unmodified, pulled from cm10.1 and themed with help of jase33 and adulfo. Adulfo was very kind and PM'd me like 45 times to get it working.

2013-01-13%252015.49.07.png
    2013-01-13%252015.51.27.png
    2013-01-13%252015.54.44.png

2013-01-13%252015.55.39.png
    2013-01-13%252015.57.03.png

Other color options: White & Blue text or White & White Text:

2013-01-15%252011.11.23.png
    2013-01-15%252011.09.50.png

Instructions:

1. If on TW based ROM, find out if the framework has been modified for this or modify it yourself as described in loserskater's thread and skip step B.
    8(c). If it exists find /system/app/SecMms.apk and delete it. If it doesn't exist skip to step XI.
    B. If on CM/AOSP ROM skip step 1 & 8(c) and proceed to step XI.
    XI. Drop the attached file in /system/app/ change name to "Mms.apk" change permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot.

Update: Now v3.0

Enjoy!

Sorta change-log:

v3.1
    Increased MMS size to 990k

v3.0
    New build from latest CM10.1
    Minor theme changes

v2.0
    Theme changes
    Increased mms size to 990k
    From now on, I am only going to make one theme version since making three different color choices is too much PITA for me.
    Version 2.0 is up, new emojis and larger MMS size! Now in a flashable zip! The quick-add emoji is hard to implement, not sure if I will try it again. Took me a couple hours and wouldn't compile.

I only did the version with the white text for now so I can make sure all the emojis work before making the other colors available. Let me know if they work!
    The emoji were in the res folder already but don't show not sure why

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

Meh, I will keep updating this app as CM updates theirs, it is probably something else wrong along the line. I'll start fresh from CM for version 3 to make sure there aren't any kinks on my end.
    By request I upped the max mms size to .99mb, so if you want higher res photos use v3.1. No other changes besides that. To clarify, v2 had .99mb max size, v3 had the new CM default which was 600k. If it gets too big sometimes mms can hang, so I left it alone.

.9 seems to be safe and I have only heard of issues when it is over 1mb, although it could have been an unrelated issue.... anyway what I am saying is try out 3.1 if you want bigger mms. In OP.

@jackpot08. Above is the answer to the MMS limit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Apparently I am a little rere and can't figure this out. Can I get some help? Like a walk through via a pm please? I apologize in advance my mind isn't right. I am on Beans build 8 as of right now.

Here is the link I put in the OP: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

Click that, read the instructions, flash the zip.

Alternatively, wait until tonight or tomorrow and Beans is putting as an aroma option in build 9.