[THEMED APP] [CM/AOSP/TW] Dark Themed MMS v3.1 3/12/13 - Quick Reply, Group, Emojis -

Search This thread

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
Thanks! Would you mind posting your tweaked version?

Yep, I believe all I did was changed the background in the conversation list for unread messages so you actually know when you have one. Otherwise it looks the same. This is the Dark 3D version of his.

If you want any of the text colors changed let me know and i'll see what I can do. It takes minimal time and I can do it very quickly. the bubbles are a different story though, those take a little bit of time.

Attachments

• Kitkat_4.4_MMS_dark_three.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: sjamie

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Yep, I believe all I did was changed the background in the conversation list for unread messages so you actually know when you have one. Otherwise it looks the same. This is the Dark 3D version of his.

If you want any of the text colors changed let me know and i'll see what I can do. It takes minimal time and I can do it very quickly. the bubbles are a different story though, those take a little bit of time.

Thank you. However, I just flashed your zip and the MMS app keeps force closing. Please advise.

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
I'm on a TW (S3Rx 4.1.2 ROM).

Ah, that's why. The ones from the link I gave you only work on 4.4 AOSP based roms. Sorry I should have mentioned that in my original post :(

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Ah, that's why. The ones from the link I gave you only work on 4.4 AOSP based roms. Sorry I should have mentioned that in my original post :(

If you want the AOSP messenger I suggest downloading 8sms from the play store, the theme is a little odd but it works great for non aosp devices.

C

CantThinkOfAUsername

Is this just themed or modded also? Would love something like this that had the increased picture message size on KitKat.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
I just upgraded from 4.1.2 to a 4.3 based ROM (S3Rx). Everything still works with the Themed_MMS_Version_3.1 app except for sending MMS. I can receive MMS and send/receive SMS perfectly.

When I attempt to send a MMS, the "process.com.android.mms has stopped unexpectedly" message appears then force closes. What must I do to fix this? I love the theming of this app much better than 8sms or Textra. Please help.

Last edited:

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Well, the bad news is I have not been able to make this work. The good news is I have been able to configure ChompSms almost to my liking. The main thing I am missing now is the awesome wallpaper used in this MMS app. Could someone please post it or tell me how to get it? Here is a screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-03-21-56-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-03-21-56-37.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 207

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first themeing attempt. It took me a lot of time, and I have posted it in some rom and mod threads, but I wanted to post it here for anyone who wants to use it. Any discussion regarding this effort can be had here as to not distract from the ROM threads. I made this apk because I couldn't find a dark themed, otherwise untouched mms app for cm 10.1. It has the quick reply, read and call buttons in the drop down. The only thing I changed was the colors. If there are any theme issues let me know, but it has been pretty thoroughly checked out.

For those who don't know, it is now possible to use AOSP messaging on TW Roms as I discovered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086834 (Thanks loserskater)

That inspired me to get it working on Bean's ROM, which I did and if you are on Bean's ROM you can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

This app will work with ANY ROM compatible with cm10.1 mms apps. This apk is unmodified, pulled from cm10.1 and themed with help of jase33 and adulfo. Adulfo was very kind and PM'd me like 45 times to get it working.

2013-01-13%252015.49.07.png
    2013-01-13%252015.51.27.png
    2013-01-13%252015.54.44.png

2013-01-13%252015.55.39.png
    2013-01-13%252015.57.03.png

Other color options: White & Blue text or White & White Text:

2013-01-15%252011.11.23.png
    2013-01-15%252011.09.50.png

Instructions:

1. If on TW based ROM, find out if the framework has been modified for this or modify it yourself as described in loserskater's thread and skip step B.
    8(c). If it exists find /system/app/SecMms.apk and delete it. If it doesn't exist skip to step XI.
    B. If on CM/AOSP ROM skip step 1 & 8(c) and proceed to step XI.
    XI. Drop the attached file in /system/app/ change name to "Mms.apk" change permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot.

Update: Now v3.0

Enjoy!

Sorta change-log:

v3.1
    Increased MMS size to 990k

v3.0
    New build from latest CM10.1
    Minor theme changes

v2.0
    Theme changes
    Increased mms size to 990k
    From now on, I am only going to make one theme version since making three different color choices is too much PITA for me.
    Version 2.0 is up, new emojis and larger MMS size! Now in a flashable zip! The quick-add emoji is hard to implement, not sure if I will try it again. Took me a couple hours and wouldn't compile.

I only did the version with the white text for now so I can make sure all the emojis work before making the other colors available. Let me know if they work!
    The emoji were in the res folder already but don't show not sure why

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

Meh, I will keep updating this app as CM updates theirs, it is probably something else wrong along the line. I'll start fresh from CM for version 3 to make sure there aren't any kinks on my end.
    By request I upped the max mms size to .99mb, so if you want higher res photos use v3.1. No other changes besides that. To clarify, v2 had .99mb max size, v3 had the new CM default which was 600k. If it gets too big sometimes mms can hang, so I left it alone.

.9 seems to be safe and I have only heard of issues when it is over 1mb, although it could have been an unrelated issue.... anyway what I am saying is try out 3.1 if you want bigger mms. In OP.

@jackpot08. Above is the answer to the MMS limit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Apparently I am a little rere and can't figure this out. Can I get some help? Like a walk through via a pm please? I apologize in advance my mind isn't right. I am on Beans build 8 as of right now.

Here is the link I put in the OP: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

Click that, read the instructions, flash the zip.

Alternatively, wait until tonight or tomorrow and Beans is putting as an aroma option in build 9.