Search This thread

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
So i've been testing a ridiculous amount of sideloaded games on the OUYA and figured i'd post a list of every game i've found that works with the controller. I'm sure there are many more so help me fill out this list!

Legion have you tried Modern Combat 4 the latest meltdown update Gameloft secretly added generic HID support and works perfect out of the box check it :) -

Also I know Ouya supports Dual Shock 3 pad native, have you tried pushing permissions to system and installing Playstation Mobile?

Direct Download of my PSM Flashable Zip (Or open and push manual) - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1467214&d=1352405263

Cant test yet as still waiting for my Ouya :(

Sent from my SGPT12 using xda premium

Last edited:
L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

I've tried several different versions of Modern Combat 4 and unfortunately none of them work. Since the OUYA doesn't have the Android market the only Gameloft games that will work are from the WAP store, but even then the only one that's working right now is Dungeon Hunter 4. I REALLLY want Blitz Brigade but no matter how I try to sideload it it refuses to work.

PSM does work but I haven't experimented with it much.

DroidXero

Dec 16, 2010
Anyone else have trouble with The Conduit force closing?
I got to the 2nd mission (the one that looks like they pinched it straight from Goldeneye on the N64), about half way through and the game just closes back to the Ouya menu. Anyone know of a workaround? It's seems like quite an entertaining game.

DroidXero

Dec 16, 2010
Have you tried installing an apk installing the Google Play Store on the OUYA? Don't know if this is possible and haven't tried because my OUYA just got in.

You can't just simply install the apk for the Play Store on OUYA. The Play Store relies on several Google frameworks that aren't present on OUYA, and even if they were, you'd need SU on the console to push the Play apk to system and set the relevant permissions. There's a whole thread about it on the forums somewhere.

JHS_NL

Aug 26, 2009
Kampen
www.joostslager.nl
You can't just simply install the apk for the Play Store on OUYA. The Play Store relies on several Google frameworks that aren't present on OUYA, and even if they were, you'd need SU on the console to push the Play apk to system and set the relevant permissions. There's a whole thread about it on the forums somewhere.

As I said I haven't tried it or read about it. Just was making a comment. Have been reading an other topic that they have installed the apk but still don't have any luck on getting apps to work more easely.

XblackdemonX

May 27, 2008
Montreal
How do you get Jet Set Radio to work? I tried to copy the APK and the Android/obb/jetsetradio (or android/data/jetsetradio i can't remember) folder as well but it crashes when I try to launch it

Thanks

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Your post says all gamevil RPGs have you actually been able to get Dark Avenger to work? if so how? I am unable to get even past the intro screen and controller seems to do nothing.

I haven't been able to get it to work outside of getting into the main menu either. That entry refers to their retro styled rpgs like the Zenonia series, Illusia series, Destinia, etc. I'll edit that part of the list for future reference. Sorry about that.

How do you get Jet Set Radio to work? I tried to copy the APK and the Android/obb/jetsetradio (or android/data/jetsetradio i can't remember) folder as well but it crashes when I try to launch it

Jet Set Radio works great for me, make sure you are copying the obb file to Android/obb/com.sega.jetsetradio/ because as you have it written won't work.

BUS DR1V3R

Sep 30, 2010
anyone who's purchased modern combat been able to get it to work after installing the android market

Edit: The game won't open, the screen just flashes with a spinning loading icon.

I'm downloading it from the market now :)

If it doesn't work with the Ouya controller I can also test with PS3, 360, and Nyco Playpad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asadullah

paco8

May 12, 2013
Hey guys and gals!

I'm still pretty new to the ouya but I'll try some stuff over the weekend.

Got GTA VC and III working great, no problems.

You can add Pocket League Soccer by Kairosoft to your list of working games. It works with the analog stick and the d-pad although you have to use the touchpad for pressing things. I'll test more Kairosoft games and I guess they'll work the same way since they are pretty much the same games.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

@paco8 thanks!
@gottahavit Click on the settings button using the touch pad then click controls then choose the "gamepad" option

ghneko

Aug 27, 2010
Galaxy Hero has controller support, but it's a bit wonky and at times you still need the touch pad.

I'm trying out Spectral Souls right now. When it finishes installing (It validated my Play Store Purchase) Ill post how it goes.

paco8

May 12, 2013
Ok, time for some more... Sadly though, my logitech wireless mouse and keyboard don't work. Probably cause they are 5 years old. xD

Anyways, here we go:

Age of Zombies - black screen, not working.

Beat Hazard - working though only with the touchpad which is quite difficult. I used the fixed thumb stick and had to double-tap and drag it around.

Death Worm - working yet impossible to play with only the touchpad.

FIFA 12 - won't download data. I didn't try transferring data.

Gunman Clive - working really good thankfully after changing the controls in the pause menu.

Heist: The Score - downloads data fine, but I can't navigate the menu at all.

The Impossible Game - navigating the menu with the touchpad and jumping with the O-button works great, yet placing markers only works with the touchpad which can be tricky.

Infectonator - only with the touchpad which is quite difficult.

Space Invaders: Infinity Gene - only with the touchpad and in portrait mode which makes it practically unplayable.

Kami Retro - downloads data. Does not respond at all though after that.

Osmos HD - of course very hard to play with only the touchpad, but it's working.

Pac-Man Championship Edt - working with the controller, although it is in portrait mode and strangely there is no sound.

PewPew 2 - also strangely only gives out audio yet nothing working on a black screen.

They Need To Be Fed 1 - loops the first few seconds. Not playable at all. I haven't purchased part 2 yet.

I will test some more soon. This was rather unsatisfactory. Only Gunman Clive and The Impossible Game are enjoyable with the controller IMO yet maybe Beat Hazard, Death Worm, Infectonator and Osmos HD will be easier with a mouse.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not a game but an emulator and if you configure the controller it works for all you people that like the retro games

RetroArch Plays the following kind of games:
    - PlayStation 1 (emulator: PCSX ReARMed)
    - Super Nintendo (emulator: SNES9x Next)
    - Nintendo Entertainment System (emulator: FCEUmm / NEStopia / QuickNES)
    - GameBoy / GameBoy Color (emulator: Gambatte)
    - GameBoy Advance (emulator: VBA Next) (*)
    - Arcade (emulator: Final Burn Alpha/MAME 2003 [0.78])
    - Neo Geo Pocket Color (emulator: Mednafen NGP)
    - Virtual Boy (emulator: Mednafen VB)
    - Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (emulator: Genesis Plus GX)
    - Sega Master System/Sega Game Gear (emulator: Genesis Plus GX)
    - Sega CD / Mega CD (emulator: Genesis Plus GX)
    - PC Engine / PC Engine CD (emulator: Mednafen PCE Fast)
    - WonderSwan Color / Crystal (emulator: Mednafen Wonderswan)
    - Cave Story (game engine: NX Engine)
    - Doom 1 / Doom 2 / Ultimate Doom / Final Doom (game engine: prBoom)
    - Quake 1 / Quake 1 Mission Packs 1 and 2 (game engine: Tyrquake)
    Riptide GP2

Riptide GP2 work perfect
    anyone who's purchased modern combat been able to get it to work after installing the android market

Edit: The game won't open, the screen just flashes with a spinning loading icon.

I'm downloading it from the market now :)

If it doesn't work with the Ouya controller I can also test with PS3, 360, and Nyco Playpad.
    I see Destinia on the list, but it doesn't work at all with the Ouya controller.

Do you need to use a PS3 controller or what?

Can someone help me out?

EDIT: I'm also reporting that Spectral Souls works with the OUYA, however when using the Ouya controller, O will always act as the back button. And when you first start the game, you have to use the trackpad to get to options to change controls from Touch to Keys.

OpenTyrian also seems to work as I can navigate the menu and O and U keys do act as Okay/Back, but in game they stop working, meaning some settings need to be changed, but it seems entirely possible.

All Kariosoft games (Game Dev Store, Ninja Village) recognize the D-Pad/Analog Stick of the Ouya Controller, but none of the buttons. So an application has to be used to ma the Enter and Back keys. I recommend Tincore Keymapper
    Wow, haven't been in the OUYA section in a while. Lots of improvements! Good list, might wanna add a link to my thread since yours seems to be getting more traffic, but a couple months ago I tested all Humble Bundle Android games, so its a pretty helpful list for many

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2326019

I plugged you back at #36 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43459094

I'm disappointed that Humble Bundle hasn't updated Organ Trail and Raiden Legacy to versions that support controllers natively.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4