CF AutoRoot

Search This thread

Heppieboeddah

Feb 14, 2008
Rooted with CF-Auto root. And tested to go to the standard-recovery again. No problem

Now just waiting for a custom-recovery like TWRP.

stoehner

Aug 28, 2011
Arlington
recovery

if you are rooted, the best ad blocker is ad away. you can just download the apk and its really good.

i uninstalled ad blocker, its effective but the way changing the port seems pages on the internet are not loading even on youtube.

Once rooted, can we use goo manager to get twrp? Anyone try?
*edit I tried, no luck

Last edited:

tonyz3

I rushed this trying to do it before I ran out the door and got Firmware upgrade encountered an issue on the screen- Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.

Can someone walk me thru the steps to correct so when I get back in later I can fix this. used odin 3.07 have P900

EDIT: Looks like using the recovery tar than the odin tar worked ...... Rooted

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Edit: Had the cache.img freeze issue on two computers. Decided to download the cf - auto root again and use 7 zip instead of win zip. Sure enough it worked flawlessly with Odin 3.07 that is packaged in autoroot.

Last edited:

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Edit: Had the cache.img freeze issue on two computers. Decided to download the cf - auto root again and use 7 zip instead of win zip. Sure enough it worked flawlessly with Odin 3.07 that is packaged in autoroot.

The issue is not with the unzip tool. It is with the version of Odin. It was packaged with v3 1.85. Chainfire nowpackages it with 3.07 due to the issues with 1.85.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
The issue is not with the unzip tool. It is with the version of Odin. It was packaged with v3 1.85. Chainfire nowpackages it with 3.07 due to the issues with 1.85.

While i agree that all users should use the version that chainfire packages with cf autoroot, in my case the cache.img issue was not related to version of odin. On both computers I used both the 3.07 tool packaged with autoroot and 3.09. It did not work with either one until I re downloaded the file and unzipped it again using 7zip. Whether it's that my original download was bad or the unzipping was bad I don't know but I am certain that in my case it was not the version of Odin that I was using since I tried about a dozen times using different versions and usb ports.

Bottom line is users who have the issue should download the file again and use the packaged version of odin.

BigBroham1984

Dec 18, 2012
Saginaw
A common solution to those having issues: Use 7zip instead of WinZip to unzip the files (as stated above). I just rooted SM-P900 in less than 3 minutes from unzip to root.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shoober

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
Just fyi, I was using 7 zip when I was having trouble. It was switching to more recent version of Odin that fixed it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
How will rooting affect the Knox counter?

My 12.2 doesn't seem to have anything knox-installed, although there is an app suggested for it on the Samsung App Store, but I installed nothing. Unit was bought in the netherlands and surprisingly, it has almost zero bloat. No country specific apps, etc. Comes pretty clean from start.

Just want to get rid of the ads and have firewalling.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
How will rooting affect the Knox counter?

My 12.2 doesn't seem to have anything knox-installed, although there is an app suggested for it on the Samsung App Store, but I installed nothing. Unit was bought in the netherlands and surprisingly, it has almost zero bloat. No country specific apps, etc. Comes pretty clean from start.

Just want to get rid of the ads and have firewalling.

As you probably already suspect, just because you don't see a knox application doesn't mean that the counter itself doesn't exist.

1. Completely power down your Note Pro.
  2. Hold the Volume Down button and then hold down Power, wait until you see the warning screen come up and then release both.
  3. Now press volume up once.

See below for the Knox counter being tripped. Stock should be a 0, not a 1. Given that there has been no way found yet to root the 10.1 2014 edition without tripping the counter and no way to reset that counter I highly doubt there's currently a way to do so with the Note Pro 12.2.

picture.php

Reactions: Beowulf_pt

Bub11

Sep 6, 2009
In my case it was the other USB port, which brought the (root) redemption.
Now rooted KNOX +1 - damn Samsung you have that necessary? So many
companies phones do not exist right now. And the government phones come
not from you...

FilthyHippie

Aug 10, 2010
Verizon's LTE Model

Hey everyone, I had just purchased Verizon's version of the Note Pro 12.2 LTE and attempted to root with CF Auto Root and Odin, however while there is a Auto Root version for the SM-P905 model (the LTE model), Verizon's model is slightly different in that it's model number is SM-P905V. I attempted to root with the Auto Root files for the regular P905, however Odin returned a FAIL message and there were no adverse effects on the tablet. Does ChainFire need to be notified of this discrepancy? I have searched all over the forums regarding this issue but to no avail.

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
+1

Thanks for sharing. My SM-P905V just came today.

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
Hey everyone, I had just purchased Verizon's version of the Note Pro 12.2 LTE and attempted to root with CF Auto Root and Odin, however while there is a Auto Root version for the SM-P905 model (the LTE model), Verizon's model is slightly different in that it's model number is SM-P905V. I attempted to root with the Auto Root files for the regular P905, however Odin returned a FAIL message and there were no adverse effects on the tablet. Does ChainFire need to be notified of this discrepancy? I have searched all over the forums regarding this issue but to no avail.

Same deal here. I've got the 905V yesterday and have the same issue.

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
From what I saw on Chainfire's auto root thread, you will probably have to give him the stock recovery.img from your devices so he can make a custom root for it. Having said that... I have no idea how to actually GET that file :/ Hopefully someone else can chime in with more detail.

Reactions: aburns7487

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The famous and honorable mister Chainfire posted a working cf auto-root for the NotePRO Wifi and NotePRO LTE here
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50498424&postcount=235

I tested the WiFi variant and it works like a charm.

The procedure is as usual (Beware: This root method will flag or trip the KNOX counter):
    1. download the zip file and unzip it
    2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP slot (all options set to default)
    3. Boot your NotePRO into download mode (turn off NotePRO and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously. Follow the instructions on the screen)
    4. connect the NotePRO to your computer via the USB port, wait until Odin sees the device and hit Start
    Some tips

Firstly, the root works terrifically, which is obvious to anyone who's tried it.
    Some suggestions when you're de-bloating, do not remove Samsung ScreenSaver. Despite the name, it is not a screensaver. It is the service connected to making the power button turn the screen off. Because of this, I had to re-stock the tablet. Finding the real rom for it is stupidly hard, and is only on slow share sites. Below is the link to my server, which I will leave available for as long as needed. I used the same ODIN 3.07 that is included with CF_Auto to reflash stock. Hopefully no one else has this issue.

Applies to SM-P900 Wifi only.

joevwgti.dyndns.org/P900UEU1ANAE.zip
    working CF-auto-root for SM-P900 XAR

This auto-root worked for me, unlike the one currently available on chainfire's website.
    This is the one I downloaded there in April. See the last few comments above this for details.

Use at your own risk though, I won't accept any responsibility if it bricks yours.

When uploading here, I see that XDaA says the filesize is 14.81 MB while on my MAC it's shown as 15.5 MB.

So to be excessively clear, check these after downloading:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 mathias staff 15533266 Apr 23 2014 CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

MD5 (CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip) = 6c5f2ba108f5e1b02f4c1e471af958ba
    rooting my sm-p900

Want to share with you guys my experience of rooting sm-p900 wifi after rounds of failure in stucking at cache.img:

1. download CF-Auto-Root for sm-p900 wifi from:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/384/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

2. Unzip using 7z.

3. Remove .md5 extension of the file CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5

4. Extract recovery.img from CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar using 7z

5. download this tool:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281287
    [link revised per advice from #180]

6. convert the recovery.img in 4. to tar.md5 format using the tool from 5.
    [ modify the converter code (just a batch file you can edit in Notepad - simple copy-paste) as per post #41 in the thread also per #180 advice]

7. flash recovery.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

8. flash CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

And walla! my sm-p900 wifi is rooted