Originally Posted by Viper The Ripper
Wait a moment...
1. Dorimanx kernel support JB only (I'm runnig 4.0.4 >>> ICS
(I know for sure you didn't use the stock recovery, I'm running stock 4.0.4 rooted, I haven't a custom recovery... I asked for Philz Touch 3 recovery in his thread, do you know it? Is it safe to wipe, backup and restore roms?
2. "I think you need to full wipe, because, it's bad to upgrade 4.0.4 to 4.2.2 directly, so backup a little your data before !" Only need to backup my data in 4.0.4 and then flash Slimbean? what about emmc brickbug
3. Yellow triangle didn't appear, ok
4. About efs could you explain it in a better way? I couldn't understand it :S
Nice reflexion about the subject
1. Dorimanx kernel is for JB ; CM10 and CM10.1, so when you flash it from the stock recovery, you'll lose totaly 4.0.4, so the backup need to be done before
Philz touch recovery is not so nice ! I tested the kernel and recovery, last time when i decided to switch from dorimanx to Philz CWM touch, it erazed all my data ( internal + SD !!!!! ), and even, the dormianx kernel has more tweak ( using CWM from SIYAH modded .... )
2. Just backup your data before to do something, then it's ok ...
About the emmc brickbug, it is fixed using the CWM from SIYAH, so the DORIMANX CWM & KERNEL is using it ( from siyah
4. When you switch from 4.0.4 to 4.x>1, it rebuild the efs folder, with the correct nv*** file, so if you unlock the device by software method you'll need to unlock it again by the same way
I see your post with tweak the governor etc ...
I can say you in Dorimanx kernel, you've a background program which is playing with screen on / off / etc ...
So the governor change dynamic, you can all tweak yourself into STweaks, you love for sure ....
Don't forget , LQ6 modem stay the best, believe me ....
be sure to have it at the end of install, else install it too with cwm