[Q] Vertical line on HTC One M7 display

Search This thread

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
Hi
I have problem with display of my Gold HTC One M7, last night I connect phone to charger and was all fine, today mornig when I disconnect phone from charger I discovery on my screen few vertical line. This line is only on middle of screen.
What is that? I need replace screen in this case? I try factory reset but nothing help.

Phone is around 6 months old but I don't have sale receipt and phone have unlock bootloader and it's rebranded.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi
I have problem with display of my Gold HTC One M7, last night I connect phone to charger and was all fine, today mornig when I disconnect phone from charger I discovery on my screen few vertical line. This line is only on middle of screen.
What is that? I need replace screen in this case? I try factory reset but nothing help.

Phone is around 6 months old but I don't have sale receipt and phone have unlock bootloader and it's rebranded.

This line is a sign of a defective LCD. Generally it will get worse with time. I had the same issue with a laptop last year. 2 vertical lines showed off first and a month later half of the screen were covered by these lines.

The only solution is to replace the LCD panel, sorry :(

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
This line is a sign of a defective LCD. Generally it will get worse with time. I had the same issue with a laptop last year. 2 vertical lines showed off first and a month later half of the screen were covered by these lines.

The only solution is to replace the LCD panel, sorry :(

Ok Thanks for replay, I contact witch HTC support and they told me that I can send this phone to Service and they check for me what is wrong and after I can decidend to repair or not, for this check they want just 25 pounds. I don't know this is good idea phone is S-Off and unlock bootloader. Maybe I try sell on ebay like spare or repair.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Ok Thanks for replay, I contact witch HTC support and they told me that I can send this phone to Service and they check for me what is wrong and after I can decidend to repair or not, for this check they want just 25 pounds. I don't know this is good idea phone is S-Off and unlock bootloader. Maybe I try sell on ebay like spare or repair.

Phone must be 100% stock to be repaired under warranty. You'll have to flash back stock rom, set bootloader to locked (not relocked), remove the tampered flag and unfortunately, S-ON. Check the guide linked in my signature for detailed instructions (nkk71's guide)