[PORT/MOD] SmartActions app Port 12/13/12 v0.2.4

Search This thread

Roxxas049

Feb 15, 2011
Fort Worth
Hmm when I search for the app in the play store it tells me that the app is not compatible with my hardware. It doesn't even show under my apps for me but it is installed.

BTW Joe the link in your sig doesn't work, at least not for me. just letting you know

Last edited:

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Other threads for this mod including a flashable zip file

Here are some similar threads in other forums about this mod:

Android Software Development

One V Android Development

I learned some things by reading through them. Updating the app from Google Play once it is installed has been recommended in several places.

And here's a thread in the Xperia Arc Themes and Apps Forum that has exactly the same mod available (the /system files all match) as a flashable zip, which should make it much easier to install. I'm not sure who really deserves credit for this mod but you guys should work that out.

This thread really belongs in the Evo 3D Themes and Apps forum since there is no real development involved, only repackaging of the Atrix files.

And the credit really should go to Motorola. ;)

ramjet73

Last edited:
Reactions: xxrickybobby13xx

joekp

Feb 28, 2011
Wakeeney
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Here are some similar threads in other forums about this mod:

Android Software Development

One V Android Development

I learned some things by reading through them. Updating the app from Google Play once it is installed has been recommended in several places.

And here's a thread in the Xperia Arc Themes and Apps Forum that has exactly the same mod available (the /system files all match) as a flashable zip, which should make it much easier to install. I'm not sure who should get the credit for this mod but you guys should work that out.

This thread should probably be in the Evo 3D Themes and Apps forum since there is no real development involved, only repackaging of the Atrix files.

And the credit really should go to Motorola. ;)

ramjet73
ok..yes Motorola should get credit...I did not port this from atrix i ported it from motorola razr maxx...ive tested the flashable zip and it doesnt seem like it works completely...the other two spots android dev and one v are both mine, look at OP....If you look at date of the one in htc one v's post was made first..Updating from play store broke many functions on my phone you can try it if you want

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
ok..yes Motorola should get credit...I did not port this from atrix i ported it from motorola razr maxx...ive tested the flashable zip and it doesnt seem like it works completely...the other two spots android dev and one v are both mine, look at OP....If you look at date of the one in htc one v's post was made first..Updating from play store broke many functions on my phone you can try it if you want
Well, the file names and sizes in the /system/apps directory match exactly (see attached screenshots) so maybe Motorola uses the same code on the razr and the atrix. In any case, since all the files match it would seem easier to me to flash the zip than install from a PC via batch file or manually push them to their respective system directories.

Maybe the other guy ripped you off, so you should PM him if you think that is the case and maybe he will give you credit in his threads (he has a similar one in another Sony forum).

ramjet73

Attachments

• SmartActions.jpg
    SmartActions.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 205

joekp

Feb 28, 2011
Wakeeney
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Well, the file names and sizes in the /system/apps directory match exactly (see attached screenshots) so maybe Motorola uses the same code on the razr and the atrix. In any case, since all the files match it would seem easier to me to flash the zip than install from a PC via batch file or manually push them to their respective system directories.

Maybe the other guy ripped you off, so you should PM him if you think that is the case and maybe he will give you credit in his threads (he has a similar one in another Sony forum).

ramjet73

Yea...the reason why i made the batch was it could work for any ics android phone...theoretically anyway...

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Flashable zip file

Attached is a modified version of the flashable zip file from the thread in the Sony forum I linked above. I changed the mount command so that it should work on any rooted Android device.

It flashed successfully on mazda's AOKP JB ROM and I can bring up the app fine and open a blank rule with the "+", but haven't tested any of the other functions yet. It doesn't show an update available in the Play Store, so I'll try using the current version (3.1.5.1.2) of the app for now.

Edit: I got it updated by searching for it in the Play Store then using the update option that appeared on the app listing. Now I have the current version (4.2.2.3.0) and the app shows in "my apps" on the Play Store. No problems with the updated version so far.

ramjet73

Last edited:

xxrickybobby13xx

Jan 19, 2011
Miami
App works for me shows in my installed app list in Google play yet says not compatible with my device so no update option

Edit: got it updated
Coming to you live from my Paranoid 3VO

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2012
You may need to make sure that the permissions are set right. ES will change them. Just long press the files, go to properties, then change the permissions.

Ok So I got this to install, and everything works, except I cant add locations.... It works like a charm otherwise!
When I go into add locations, it says click on the plus, to add , but there is no plus to add them.... Maybe Ill try re installing tonight when I get home

Edit: I am going to try the Zip....

Last edited:

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Ok So I got this to install, and everything works, except I cant add locations.... It works like a charm otherwise!
When I go into add locations, it says click on the plus, to add , but there is no plus to add them.... Maybe Ill try re installing tonight when I get home

Edit: I am going to try the Zip....
If you read through the various threads I linked earlier you will see that nobody using the "port" has locations working. There must be something on a motorola phone that's missing from this installation, or perhaps the program is checking the phone type before allowing locations to be used.

ramjet73

Jan 23, 2012
If you read through the various threads I linked earlier you will see that nobody using the "port" has locations working. There must be something on a motorola phone that's missing from this installation, or perhaps the program is checking the phone type before allowing locations to be used.

ramjet73

Yes I was just reading those.... It works great when it hits the Wifi at work..... Thanks for the port man... I wonder if there is something in the file that is restricting the use of the location... Man I wish I knew more about Android Apps.....

joekp

Feb 28, 2011
Wakeeney
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Okay...the locations requires and app called social locations and I am unable to get it working...ill update it to a flashable zip and fix the background action when I get home...is it just me or does the YouTube video in the op not working

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The very first Smart Actions Port v0.1.2(12/13/12)

Ported from Droid Razr MAXX VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF

Requires ICS
    Has not been tested on JB. (Should work)
    All rooted devices should work.
    Miui doesn't seem to work, you can try it

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Install:

1. Download Here
    2. Do a nandroid backup
    3. Extract and run bat file in windows
    4. Enjoy

Alternate method:
    1. Open command prompt
    2. Do a Nandroid backup
    3. Extract zip
    4. In Command Prompt explore to adb location and type:
    Code:
    adb remount
    5. Then:
    Code:
    adb push [drag and drop system folder from extraction location] /system
    ex.: adb push C:\Users\Joe-Acer\Desktop\SmartActions\bin\system /system
    6. Reboot
    Code:
    adb reboot

Do not update from market, WILL BREAK IT
    Known Bugs, Not working:

1. Location conditions

Code:
    Change log:

v0.1.0:

Initial Release

v0.2.3

Released to Public

v0.2.4:

Fixed wallpaper (Only limited to RAZR wallpapers)
    Added:
    homescreen
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
    NetworkLocation.apk
    SocialShare.apk (not tested, more like public test)

How to use SmartActions:

PM me questions
    If you want to integrate this into your rom be sure to PM and credit me.:p
    Flashable zip file

Attached is a modified version of the flashable zip file from the thread in the Sony forum I linked above. I changed the mount command so that it should work on any rooted Android device.

It flashed successfully on mazda's AOKP JB ROM and I can bring up the app fine and open a blank rule with the "+", but haven't tested any of the other functions yet. It doesn't show an update available in the Play Store, so I'll try using the current version (3.1.5.1.2) of the app for now.

Edit: I got it updated by searching for it in the Play Store then using the update option that appeared on the app listing. Now I have the current version (4.2.2.3.0) and the app shows in "my apps" on the Play Store. No problems with the updated version so far.

ramjet73
    Would it be possible to get some screenies?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hmm what's this?
    (First...)
    from my E3D
    OK.

It would be helpful if you include what changed and what level of testing you completed when you post an update. TIA.

ramjet73

Sorry..Didn't know what you meant...Better?