[Read This First]

Search This thread

will_69_67

Dec 11, 2010
New Orleans
Sadly, there is nothing I can do about the members that don't want to use the search feature. I can't make them read either. That's what school is supposed to be for.

I just wanted to say there are a few of us out here who do know how to read and use the search feature, and also give a big thanks to Binary, Xboarder and everyone else for all of there hard work. I was missing my HD2, but thanks to you guys it is now a distant memory.

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
I have edited alot and looked around to find everything for mac, pc and linux. I put them in 3 easy steps. THERE SHOULD BE NO problems rooting your phone.

gb3600

Jan 16, 2012
I used this to post to find the how to root guide by binary and it was very helpful! Can I make a suggest though? The link goes to the development section and new people like me can't post replies in development until I get ten posts. Since there is one in General too can you link to that one instead? Cant hurt nothing and if I have problems i can just reply in there. I didn't have any problems though but I did want to say thanks and to share my appreciation for your hard work.

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
I used this to post to find the how to root guide by binary and it was very helpful! Can I make a suggest though? The link goes to the development section and new people like me can't post replies in development until I get ten posts. Since there is one in General too can you link to that one instead? Cant hurt nothing and if I have problems i can just reply in there. I didn't have any problems though but I did want to say thanks and to share my appreciation for your hard work.

ok sound ok to me :), They're basically the same so I have no problems with this

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
cool thanks man!

i like this forum and people seem pretty friendly but there's a lot of information here and it's pretty overwhelming.

If you're new to android or rooting, it can be overwhelming, follow the "Rules" section in the first post of this thread, it has a lot of good links to familiarize yourself with things.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi

I actually agree with this. Seems sensible. It will probably cut down on some of the clutter and new threads. Thanks for the suggestion and welcome to the forums! Please remember to read (and follow) the forum rules.

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles

Hey I'm not saying anything bout him...unfortunately the economy has forced a lot of people with good college education to be out of work. heck I have post grad degree and I can only find part time!!! the rest of this should probably go in the off topic section. But employment in CA is really bad especially LA, just like you mentioned before. I can barely keep up with my student loans like this.

Last edited:

stratax

Aug 21, 2010
Missouri (misery)
Hey I'm not saying anything bout him...unfortunately the economy has forced a lot of people with good college education to be out of work. heck I have post grad degree and I can only find part time!!! the rest of this should probably go in the off topic section. But employment in CA is really bad especially LA, just like you mentioned before. I can barely keep up with my student loans like this.

im just a few months from turning 18 and its about impossible to find a job.. havea interview at Kohls in a couple days though :D i live in a college town and we all know how they are

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All In One Toolkit By hasoon2000:

Go here and Try this tookit first, its extremely simple and Hasoon has made a lot of effort making this. This will take care of a lot of your rooting needs outlined below.
    Basic Knowledge:

I have been getting questions regarding unlocking and rooting a lot and I keep refering people to Binary's page he has made and spend a lot of time making. In Order to root you need to the the following in THIS order:

1. Unlock bootloader (For mac and linux go to this thread its for the rezound, but is exactly the same for the amaze. For pc go here)
    2. Put Custom recovery on your phone (for mac, pc and linux look below on post #2)
    3. Root your phone, Either with a custom rom (in the development section), or by flashing/installing su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip, via custom recovery that you just installed in step 2. In order to learn how to flash su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip go here. For extreme newbies look at the bottom of the post here to show you easy way to get into your recovery and flash/install su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip, via taking out back battery.

All this found in thread [HOW TO] ROOT HTC RUBY / AMAZE 4G in the first sticky post in General Section, in much more detail.

NOTE: ONE CLICK ROOT TOOL DOES NOT NOT UNLOCK YOUR PHONE NOR DOES IT PUT CUSTOM RECOVERY, IT ONLY ROOTS. YOU MUST FOLLOW BASIC KNOWLEDGE ABOVE

Troubleshooting:

1.Common Problems: You can find more common problem questions answered here
    2.Custom Recovery Problems: If have problems with step 3 (Custom Recovery) in [HOW TO] ROOT HTC RUBY / AMAZE 4G, or from the post below, go to this page.
    3.WiFi and Bluetooth Problems: This is due to your kernel. I have seen multiple threads about this. Here are the ways to resolve this:
    Whenever you download a rom there's a boot.img file in there. always extract the boot.img file and use xobarders kernel flasher to flash your kernel before you install your custom rom. If you are running a stock rom, download All in One Toolkit by Hasoon. Alternatively you can use the one and only custom kernel we have right now Faux's Custom kernel.
    4.Touchscreen and Multitouch issues (Gaming Etc): It seems like installing a third party lockscreen widget such as Widgetlocker, Go locker, or Flyscreen, tends to interfere with the multitouch of the HTC amaze. Disable these widgets and restart your phone. Then use this program from the market to get 4 solid points touch points, If you are not getting it, uninstall the lockscreen widget altogether, and restart until you are constantly getting four touchpoints.

Rules and General Knowledge:

Over time we get many many questions in the General Section about things that can easily be found. I assure you if you read these in this order, you will learn a lot, and have almost no questions left.

1. Read the FAQ section: Here
    2. Please Read the Bible in the development section, This is very helpful: Here
    3. Look in the development section for what you need before asking for roms, stock roms, how to root, or how to unlock. (The development section is only three pages, I urge you to go through it if you want to learn how to do things and are unfamiliar with things: Here
    4. Use the search feature before asking a question.

Camera Quality:

There have been many debates among people about camera quality, this is a guide that provides good information on camera and why the amaze has the best camera on the market
    1. Aperture 101: http://inluminent.com/2005/12/14/digital-photography-101-aperture/
    2. Lens size/focal length (wide viewing angle): http://www.paragon-press.com/lens/lenchart.htm

Some comparisons:

HTC Amaze: F/2.2, backside illuminated sensor, Excellent camera software, Close to zero shutterlag. 28 mm lens, very wide viewing angle (get more real estate in one picture)
    Iphone 4S: F/2.4, backside illuminated sensor, Above Average camera software, Close to zero shutterlag 35 mm lens, wide viewing angle
    Galaxy S II: F/2.65, NO backside illuminated sensor, Above Average camera software, Normal shutter lag, I think 28 mm lens (seems to be more like 30 or 35), very wide viwing angle.
    Galaxy nexus: F/2.75, NO backside illuminated sensor, Basic ICS camera software, Zero shutterlag, 35 mm lens, wide viewing angle

The Amaze has the widest viewing angle, as it has a 28 mm lens, the lower the number the more real estate you get, look at number 2 (lens size) above. Look at how much wider of a field you get with galaxy s II and amaze 4g. Amaze has the lowest f/stop (aperture), f/2.2, meaning more light gets to the sensor. However lower f stop comes at a price, I prefer a f/2.4 on the iphone 4s but with a wide viewing angle of 28mm, no phone on the market has that right now. The higher your f-stop, the easier it will be to focus on larger subjects and objects and to keep more of the frame in focus, at the cost of a darker image. The lower f-stops will give you a blurrier background and possibly create some darkness around the corners of the frame, but a brighter overall image
    compare images a when it shows you the distance: http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/i...axy-S-II-vs-Amaze-4G-camera-comparison_id2883

For Those who want to really learn how to take Great pictures with any camera here's a really good complete guide: http://www.camera.canon.com.my/archive/photography/art.htm

I made this thread to help you and I have spend time editing it and linking important threads that are all collections from this amaze forum. I am in no way responsible if you manage to mess up your phone computer etc. With that said these events are very unlikely to occur. I assure you by reading this thread, 99 percent of your questions will be answered and you will go from a noob to a semi pro! Unlocking and Rooting require knowledge that can be found by reading this thread; there are only a few people to answer hundreds of questions in this forum, so it will be faster for you to read this than to ask questions

If I have helped you please don't forget to click thanks
    If you Loved this Post you can always rate it up on top right where the stars are :D
    EASY CUSTOM RECOVERY NOOB PROOF FOR MAC, PC AND LINUX

1. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > Make sure USB Debugging is checked
    2A. For PC. Unzip and Run Flash.bat
    2B. For Mac and Linux Unzip and Run Flash.sh

Thanks to Binary: this is a modified version of a script Binary made for windows. This one is a one i modified; will work on Mac, Linux and Windows.

Although There have been no problems, please use at your own risk

If I have helped you please don't forget to click thanks
    Haha. I know what you mean. It is pretty annoying, but people never read. When they say I think I bricked my phone, we should ask them "Did you read before you started". Some people just never listen or want to search.
    Hmm, it seems a lot of the links in the first post are broken :(

Time to start hunting...

All u need is right here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1679486

[Updated 7-12]✚The Ultimate Guide to Everything Amaze-ing! Help us update the wiki!✚

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

The stickies could use some cleaning though... That's for sure

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Can we make an example of this person if you follow how things should be done, you won't have any problems!!! welcome again and thanks for your suggestion :)

The perfect noob. One that can read, write and follow directions. He must have at least a forth grade education.