[Q] Viewpad 7e and Market

Search This thread
Go to settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Find market> Uninstall updates

that should fix it

I've asked this before but you didn't answer. Do you have calendar sync that's compatible with your gapps? I haven't found one that works.

Sent from my SPH D700 using XDA App
Cyanogen Mod 9.2, stock kernel, EI22. I like my Ice Cream Sandwich!

G

GuestK0044

I've asked this before but you didn't answer. Do you have calendar sync that's compatible with your gapps? I haven't found one that works.

Cyanogen Mod 9.2, stock kernel, EI22. I like my Ice Cream Sandwich!

Copy the following file using root explorer to your system/app dir and you will have calendar sync. I also have news & weather and google search (to replace ask) working. Google Talk is still giving me errors and I am still working on getting it working.

Attachments

• CalendarSyncAdapter.zip
    108.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Copy the following file using root explorer to your system/app dir and you will have calendar sync. I also have news & weather and google search (to replace ask) working. Google Talk is still giving me errors and I am still working on getting it working.

It's not working for me. Market keeps doing an fc so I think everything's messed up with the apps.

Cyanogen Mod 9.5, stock kernel, EI22. I like my Ice Cream Sandwich!

G

GuestK0044

It's not working for me. Market keeps doing an fc so I think everything's messed up with the apps.

I would try clearing the data and cache for the market in your Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Market>. This might fix the FC and if not recopy the Vending.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk, and MarketUpdater.apk as you did to get market working the first time. If you did any changes to your build.prop restore them just to make sure.

G

GuestK0044

Here is a picture so you know it can be done!

Attachments

• IMG_20120307_224631.jpg
    IMG_20120307_224631.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 258
I would try clearing the data and cache for the market in your Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Market>. This might fix the FC and if not recopy the Vending.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk, and MarketUpdater.apk as you did to get market working the first time. If you did any changes to your build.prop restore them just to make sure.

That fixed the Market. Still can't get calendar sync to work.

Here's a stupid question. Do I extract the zipped file before copying? There are other things in that file in addition to the calendar sync apk. It would be so nice if we had a ROM and could use Clockwork Mod. Then, I could flash the entire gapps zip.

Cyanogen Mod Beta 0, stock kernel, EI22. I like my Ice Cream Sandwich!

G

GuestK0044

That fixed the Market. Still can't get calendar sync to work.

Try recopying the file over making sure it is not a 0kb size file permissions of rw-r--r--

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Here's a stupid question. Do I extract the zipped file before copying? There are other things in that file in addition to the calendar sync apk. It would be so nice if we had a ROM and could use Clockwork Mod. Then, I could flash the entire gapps zip.

Cyanogen Mod Beta 0, stock kernel, EI22. I like my Ice Cream Sandwich!

Yes take the apk file from the zip file and copy it to system/app.

I am working on seeing if I get the boot loader unlocked so we can use a custom recovery then we can make custom rom's like CM7 or CM9 since the hardware could use it.

aloy99

May 15, 2011
Rooting and installing market is all easy. Next comes recovery.
if you tap home and on button at the same time it boots into some odd mode, from where you can boot back into system by pressing power button.

Maybe, this could be recovery or fastboot mode....

aloy99

May 15, 2011
Uhm when you boot into this mode the screen is black with the led green. Tap power button once you reboot back into system.
Could someone try plugging it into the computer while its in this mode thing and see if it's detected?

Sent from my E10i using XDA

aloy99

May 15, 2011
Uhm have any of,you guys received a system update on this device before? Where is the update downloaded to? And how does it install the update? Like other devices, through the stock recovery?

Sent from my E10i using XDA

hellodzulz

Mar 9, 2011
Singapore
The downloaded software would be in your sdcard. And after u finish downloaded the ota, it will automatically install the update for you

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

aloy99

May 15, 2011
Perhaps we can hijack this system to load a custom rom ....but that largely depends on what kind of encryption it uses.....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

G

GuestK0044

I have spend many hours (days) on trying to get access into this thing with no success. If we can get to the boot loader maybe we can do what was done on the Sony X10 and load a custom rom on top. I will look into this but don't think it will work since we would still need adb access in order to load the files needed.

We need some better developers then me to look into this tablet to see if access is even possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    instructions for getting android market on the viewpad 7e

go download this file from this link:
    dl.dropbox.com/u/34743606/v7e.zip
    put those five files onto the micro sd card
    Step 1:
    settings>applications>unknown sources>tick it
    settings>applications>development> USB debugging> tick it
    Step 2:
    Go to the inbuilt app ES File Explorer
    find the GingerBreakv1.20.apk
    install the GingerBreakv1.20.apk (I installed it on mine but it made my micro sd card useless i dunno what was with this but it still got gingerbreak on it it just made card die so use at your own risk =_= it still install it fine tho might of been a defect of a cheap card)
    Root the device by going through the steps
    When you complete the steps you should see Superuser in your applications
    Go back to ES File Explorer
    Find Root Explorer v2.14.2.apk
    Install Root Explorer v2.14.2.apk
    Click allow for permissions for the Root Explorer
    Once you have Root explorer installed open it and fine the folder sd card

Press and hold the Vending.apk until the menu pops up and choose copy
    go back to Root Explorer
    go to system
    go into app
    on the top press Mount R/W
    and then press the paste button on the bottom
    Find where you pasted Vending.apk
    Hold Vending.apk for the menu and press permissions
    Make sure all the columns are ticked and select OK
    once you get to this step you should see the market icon but you're not done yet you need to go through the same thing you did for Vending.apk for GoogleServicesFramework.apk and MarketUpdater.apk
    and you should get it i'll paste the chinese website the author posted pictures

tw.tech.yahoo.com/computer_tablet/article/id/22136/
    there's a way but i need to translate it because its in chinese i got it it on mine
    For now there arent any recovery or custom roms. Rom manager wont work too. Ive tried it

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App