[Q] Wanting to replace black housing

Search This thread

usmcpunk

Feb 7, 2010
Cleveland
I have the black skyrocket and I would like to change the housing to white. I would even consider another color. Has anyone found a site or know where I can get the housing pieces? I know that I will have to replace the front screen due to the border being black on mine.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

usmcpunk

Feb 7, 2010
Cleveland
I did find a few site that had them and I have also come to the same conclusion that you guys pointed out. It will cost me more to place everything to make it white. I will just have too stay black or find one on ebay that the insides have crapped out.

Thanks again guys.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I did find a few site that had them and I have also come to the same conclusion that you guys pointed out. It will cost me more to place everything to make it white. I will just have too stay black or find one on ebay that the insides have crapped out.

Thanks again guys.

Some guys on the 989 forum are using stickers.. There might be something similar for the skyrocket

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623273

Reactions: usmcpunk

usmcpunk

Feb 7, 2010
Cleveland
I took a look at the vinyl skins and found ones on ebay for the skyrocket. I ordered two to see how it works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I have the black skyrocket and I would like to change the housing to white. I would even consider another color. Has anyone found a site or know where I can get the housing pieces? I know that I will have to replace the front screen due to the border being black on mine.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Aside from the "why did you get a black one, if you wanted a white one" question :)

Have you thought about just selling yours on ebay (or similar) and just getting a white phone? Like just about everything else, if you price the parts individually... It always costs more than buying the finished product. I guess White Out wouldn't cut it? :p

Sent from Down The Rabbit Hole, using Tapatalk 2.

usmcpunk

Feb 7, 2010
Cleveland
I didnt get white because i was impatient and didnt want to wait another week for a phone to come in. Its stupid now but i deal with it.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I didnt get white because i was impatient and didnt want to wait another week for a phone to come in. Its stupid now but i deal with it.

Have you looked at what would be involved in selling yours & getting a white one... Cost, Trade etc?

Sent from Down The Rabbit Hole, using Tapatalk 2.

Ferrari353

Mar 8, 2011
Los Angeles
In the short time I had my SGS2, I read this tutorial on taking the outside housing off and sanding it down to give it a matte finish. I'm sure something like that can be applied to the Skyrocket, since it's nearly the same design. Take off the housing, paint it white, and replace it. The screen wouldn't be white, but maybe it looks good like that.

usmcpunk

Feb 7, 2010
Cleveland
In the short time I had my SGS2, I read this tutorial on taking the outside housing off and sanding it down to give it a matte finish. I'm sure something like that can be applied to the Skyrocket, since it's nearly the same design. Take off the housing, paint it white, and replace it. The screen wouldn't be white, but maybe it looks good like that.

Do you remember where you saw that at? I would be willing to try it.

Top Liked Posts