[ROM] [4.4.2] CandyKat -=Unofficial=-

Search This thread

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
zh8d.png

This is CandyKat. Built straight from CM source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

ty46.jpg

@matthew0776
@mar5hal
@gimmeitorilltell
@BMP7777
@CyberScopes
@tattooboy

w93y.jpg

HERE

Features:
HALO
Dark UI (Mms, Dialer, InCallUI, Non-Intrusive, Documents, Calendar, Contacts, DeskClock, SystemUI)
Candy Sweetener
Custom Candy Images
Battery LED Customization
Customizable Quick Settings tiles
Custom Battery Icons
LockScreen Targets/Widgets
Multi-Window
Lockscreen Blur, Transparency and Rotation
Quick launch QuickSettings tiles from status bar
Center/Color Clock
Google ID Dialer
Non-Intrusive Dialer Option
Screen Record w/ Mic Support

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:
Download CandyKat.zip
Download Gapps (optional)
Place CandyKat.zip on phones memory or SD card
Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
Flash CandyKat.zip (and Gapps if desired)
Reboot and EnjoY

lhy5.jpg

CandyKat (with cherry picks) Build 1
CandyKat w/o cherry picks

Gapps from Goo
Thanks @BaNkS

Candy Sweetener (Flash in Recovery)

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open.
Sources:
CandyKat
CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
AOKP
BeanStalk
ParanoidAndroid

XDA:DevDB Information
CandyKat, a ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
Kiltnar, bmp7777, CandyKat
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CM Base

Version Information

Created 2014-04-12
Last Updated 2014-04-12

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Changelog - CandyKat

PHP:
4/5
*fixed APN editor (force closes should be gone)
*updated translations across the source
*remove unnecessary switchUser call
*update to boootanimation splash support
*added Voice+ into Settings
3/19
*added non-intrusive
*added google reverse lookup
*added option to configure clock alignment and color(seperate candy interface menu. this will be updated to new candy settings going forward)
*added screen recording capability
*numerous cm updates. check their gerrit for more info
*fully compatible dark candy for Mms, DeskClock, Calendar etc
2/20
*added option for lockscreen transparency
*added option for lockscreen blur
*enabled advanced reboot by default
*lockscreen buttons options now found in one place
*add left handed navigation bar option support for landscape mode
*update default wallpaper device wide
*fix delayed lockscreen sound
*added multi window support
*quicksetting tile customization accessable from statusbar
*added ability to enable or disable halo from the halo settings
*updates for multi window/halo support (when halo is enabled multi window will be disabled)
2/4
*initial release

Last edited:

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Reserved

Special Thanks to @BMP7777 for agreeing to let me post this one. :D

Just for clarification, the download link with cherry picks is the one with modified Camera stuffs. Let me know which you prefer. If there are too many issues with the modified build I'll try again before abandoning the changes completely. Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited:

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
Cherry picks work for Camera!

Thanks @Kiltnar, the 5-second delay is gone!:D While the preview didn't work with the Camera2 and Gallery2.apks that are included even when switch to 480p, I swapped both apks with the two from the Unofficial CM 11 04/01 version, repaired permissions and now I have no delay and fully working preview on camcorder! If you want to test to see if it works for you too. I am attaching them here. Thank @ThdDude as it's from his rom.

Also I noticed that in the build.prop in /system that the line "lpa.decode=true" hasn't been changed to false, I know it's a mainstream CM merge, but just wanted to let you know. Thanks again for your awesome work!

Attachments

• Camera2.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 52
  • Gallery2.apk
    4.9 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: NoSpamDan

AndroidGee209

Aug 26, 2012
California
Thanks @Kiltnar, the 5-second delay is gone!:D While the preview didn't work with the Camera2 and Gallery2.apks that are included even when switch to 480p, I swapped both apks with the two from the Unofficial CM 11 04/01 version, repaired permissions and now I have no delay and fully working preview on camcorder! If you want to test to see if it works for you too. I am attaching them here. Thank @ThdDude as it's from his rom.

Also I noticed that in the build.prop in /system that the line "lpa.decode=true" hasn't been changed to false, I know it's a mainstream CM merge, but just wanted to let you know. Thanks again for your awesome work!

Hmmm im still getting a delay :(

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
Yeah i made sure i downloaded that one... i might just flash it again ...

I dirty flashed myself and the delay was gone after the rom Optimized the Apps. I did experience a random reboot, but that was shortly after I changed the governor and made a call, which most likely is caused by the dirty flash. After it rebooted, I haven't had a problem, but will let everyone know if I do.

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
Has anyone tried the addons through aroma like xscope or the sweetener pack? I always get set_perm: some changes failed.

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Is the 5second delay gone ?,
No more reboots after video preview? Can you add wakelocker. cLock. Mass storage
?
We need screen shots of rom. Please.. Thank you

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Great work, man! Glad to see you got some love for the 'rocket. :good:

There's always some love for the skyrocket. :D and will be until I either brick my phone or all support drops. It's my first device that I built for. And keep coming back to it to give back to the community that helped me get started.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Has anyone tried the addons through aroma like xscope or the sweetener pack? I always get set_perm: some changes failed.

I haven't tried them out. But will once it charges. I'll let you know if I experience the same thing. Will be making another build with Bluetooth fixes .. Ie reverting a commit that seems to help Bluetooth along from @Almite github. He seems to have the only KitKat rom with no Bluetooth issues. I took a look at his github and saw he reverted a commit dealing with Bluetooth. I'll build in a bit with this fix.

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
I haven't tried them out. But will once it charges. I'll let you know if I experience the same thing. Will be making another build with Bluetooth fixes .. Ie reverting a commit that seems to help Bluetooth along from @Almite github. He seems to have the only KitKat rom with no Bluetooth issues. I took a look at his github and saw he reverted a commit dealing with Bluetooth. I'll build in a bit with this fix.

Awesome. Sounds good.

Obviously these addons aren't essential but just throwing it out there for what its worth. I tried it out on my N7 and everything seemed to work (install) fine. However, after it booted no changes took effect. Everything was still stock. Not sure if a candy issue or what but just throwing it out there in case its just a ROM wide issue for now.

Reactions: Kiltnar

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013

Yeah that's the commit that changes lpa.decode to false. I noticed the Parandroid rom, the last beta has that commit reversed also. It was @Almite who told me about it when I was experimenting with his Hercules rom.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Bluetooth Build fixed?

Here's a build with the LPA commit reverted for bluetooth. http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=5443

Also I tried all of the Generic Device aroma installer zips. They all installed fine but did not install the selected changes. Tried a couple twice, fixed permissions, but it did not work. @BMP7777 Can you check into this please?

Thanks guys and gals. Let me know if this fixes the bluetooth issues for those that have had problems, if this works I'll add this fix to my other builds to get bluetooth working on them as well. Thanks for all the support guys and gals, it means a lot.

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
Here's a build with the LPA commit reverted for bluetooth. http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=5443

Also I tried all of the Generic Device aroma installer zips. They all installed fine but did not install the selected changes. Tried a couple twice, fixed permissions, but it did not work. @BMP7777 Can you check into this please?

Thanks guys and gals. Let me know if this fixes the bluetooth issues for those that have had problems, if this works I'll add this fix to my other builds to get bluetooth working on them as well. Thanks for all the support guys and gals, it means a lot.

I just tried the new build and unfortunately it didn't fix the Bluetooth issue. Once I launched Apollo, it fc and when I checked the build.prop, the lpa with still set to true.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zh8d.png

This is CandyKat. Built straight from CM source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

ty46.jpg

@matthew0776
    @mar5hal
    @gimmeitorilltell
    @BMP7777
    @CyberScopes
    @tattooboy

w93y.jpg

HERE

Features:
    HALO
    Dark UI (Mms, Dialer, InCallUI, Non-Intrusive, Documents, Calendar, Contacts, DeskClock, SystemUI)
    Candy Sweetener
    Custom Candy Images
    Battery LED Customization
    Customizable Quick Settings tiles
    Custom Battery Icons
    LockScreen Targets/Widgets
    Multi-Window
    Lockscreen Blur, Transparency and Rotation
    Quick launch QuickSettings tiles from status bar
    Center/Color Clock
    Google ID Dialer
    Non-Intrusive Dialer Option
    Screen Record w/ Mic Support

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:
    Download CandyKat.zip
    Download Gapps (optional)
    Place CandyKat.zip on phones memory or SD card
    Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    Flash CandyKat.zip (and Gapps if desired)
    Reboot and EnjoY

lhy5.jpg

CandyKat (with cherry picks) Build 1
    CandyKat w/o cherry picks

Gapps from Goo
    Thanks @BaNkS

Candy Sweetener (Flash in Recovery)

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open.
    Sources:
    CandyKat
    CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    AOKP
    BeanStalk
    ParanoidAndroid

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandyKat, a ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    Kiltnar, bmp7777, CandyKat
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CM Base

Version Information

Created 2014-04-12
    Last Updated 2014-04-12
    Changelog - CandyKat

PHP:
    4/5
    *fixed APN editor (force closes should be gone)
    *updated translations across the source
    *remove unnecessary switchUser call
    *update to boootanimation splash support
    *added Voice+ into Settings
    3/19
    *added non-intrusive
    *added google reverse lookup
    *added option to configure clock alignment and color(seperate candy interface menu. this will be updated to new candy settings going forward)
    *added screen recording capability
    *numerous cm updates. check their gerrit for more info
    *fully compatible dark candy for Mms, DeskClock, Calendar etc
    2/20
    *added option for lockscreen transparency
    *added option for lockscreen blur
    *enabled advanced reboot by default
    *lockscreen buttons options now found in one place
    *add left handed navigation bar option support for landscape mode
    *update default wallpaper device wide
    *fix delayed lockscreen sound
    *added multi window support
    *quicksetting tile customization accessable from statusbar
    *added ability to enable or disable halo from the halo settings
    *updates for multi window/halo support (when halo is enabled multi window will be disabled)
    2/4
    *initial release
    Great work, man! Glad to see you got some love for the 'rocket. :good:

There's always some love for the skyrocket. :D and will be until I either brick my phone or all support drops. It's my first device that I built for. And keep coming back to it to give back to the community that helped me get started.

Reserved

Special Thanks to @BMP7777 for agreeing to let me post this one. :D

Just for clarification, the download link with cherry picks is the one with modified Camera stuffs. Let me know which you prefer. If there are too many issues with the modified build I'll try again before abandoning the changes completely. Thanks guys and gals!
    First.thanks for another great ROM and thank you BMP