[Q] Memory leak? Storage issue? What was it?

Search This thread

Shivam Kuchhal

Dec 1, 2012
New Delhi
So the thing is that 2 days back I transferred Asphalt 8 obb file from Sony Xperia L to my Moto E into the folder Android/obb. Everything was working fine, game was running smoothly etc etc. Now today when I tried to open the game, it said that I don't have enough space left(1.92 gb) full. I was wondering why it needs more space! o_O
Then I tried looking into apps space and every other place but couldn't find where the damn obb file went and yet space was full. I tried deleting obb folder but it kept saying operation failed. My data was taking up only 1 mb of all storage space.
Finally, in the end I had to factory reset and then the storage became normal once again.
So can anybody tell me what might be the cause of it? Only 2 apps were installed- Superbeam and Asphalt 8.
Also, anyway not to reproduce this problem again?

Last edited:

GobletSky31689

Mar 22, 2012
If you are rooted, next time you can use TricksterMod to rescan your media:
Trickster MOD-->Tools-->Media Scanner

If you don't have root and rebooting does not helps, there are many alternatives available on play store. Though I have not tried them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-24-14-11-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-24-14-11-12.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
So the thing is that 2 days back I transferred Asphalt 8 obb file from Sony Xperia L to my Moto E into the folder Android/obb. Everything was working fine, game was running smoothly etc etc. Now today when I tried to open the game, it said that I don't have enough space left(1.92 gb) full. I was wondering why it needs more space! o_O
Then I tried looking into apps space and every other place but couldn't find where the damn obb file went and yet space was full. I tried deleting obb folder but it kept saying operation failed. My data was taking up only 1 mb of all storage space.
Finally, in the end I had to factory reset and then the storage became normal once again.
So can anybody tell me what might be the cause of it? Only 2 apps were installed- Superbeam and Asphalt 8.
Also, anyway not to reproduce this problem again?
Not sure but it seems relevant to the game data. 'Cause you were unable to delete it. IMHO, transferring game files from one device to another is not a sure shot process. I've experienced many issues with that. It is time and bandwidth consuming but you should prefer to re-downloading the game data.