Shipping Estimates?

Search This thread

pessimistic observer

Oct 20, 2010
ROFLCOPTER! thank you for giving me late night entertainment. Look, I kno you guys are frustrated but please don't turn that into paranoia. BTW I dont work for Dell but i am brown.

P.S We are HD7 Fanboys trying to sabotage all the DVP Hopes! So Far So Good!
...or are we?

for that comment you are now punished to do atleast 3 in depth youtube videos of the phone when you recieve your venue pro;)
ps i got my case today emailed dell asking again if they had accidently canceled my order for the phone

Last edited:

cccooper

Nov 18, 2010
WTF

I'll be happy to post up some more pics of this Unicorn called the DVP on the 17th when it arrives.

And when I do I expect you to eat a crow sandwich in return.

I actually LOVE crow sandwiches. But only if they're baked.

If these are legit I'm extremely pissed. You can understand my skepticism... and certainly my frustration. How can someone who ordered their phone 2 days AFTER me get it WAY before me????

Mine better be shipping out tomorrow... :mad:

lemonspeakers

Jan 11, 2009
New York
first of all, its your first post and you are posting something that is very,andhighly contradicting to what everyoneelse is.

you have verylittle credibility. period. to prove yourself. you should post a screen shot of your order page showing that its shipped and that it is in fact a dell venue pro..

now prove yourself. screen shot please.

you can neglect and cross out your order number so we dont hunt you down.

CrownSeven

Dec 8, 2010
I actually LOVE crow sandwiches. But only if they're baked.

If these are legit I'm extremely pissed. You can understand my skepticism... and certainly my frustration. How can someone who ordered their phone 2 days AFTER me get it WAY before me????

Mine better be shipping out tomorrow... :mad:

Oh hey, I'm right there with ya. I'd be pissed as well.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact I placed the order over the phone? Who knows.

One bake sandwich coming up ;)

cccooper

Nov 18, 2010
I'm sure theclueless in post #502 appreciates being called a noob

Ah, I totally didn't notice that there was a "senior" member who is receiving his phone. You can understand my skepticism, I'm sure... but I am convinced now. This still makes me pissed though that mine isn't shipped. However, optimistic that it will be shipping soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for the update guys.

cccooper

Nov 18, 2010
first of all, its your first post and you are posting something that is very,andhighly contradicting to what everyoneelse is.

you have verylittle credibility. period. to prove yourself. you should post a screen shot of your order page showing that its shipped and that it is in fact a dell venue pro..

now prove yourself. screen shot please.

you can neglect and cross out your order number so we dont hunt you down.

Post #502 (a senior member) has said the same... his has supposedly shipped. So maybe its true then...

teels4feels

Dec 16, 2010
For those of us who did get a shipping notice tonight, could you post when you ordered your device?

I ordered mine on 9 AM PST on Dec. 1st.

lemonspeakers

Jan 11, 2009
New York
ok stop acting like little kids and just accept the fact that soome people are getting Thurs/Fri! If only you guys were this skeptcial about most of the unsubstantiated rumours. lol im sorry if i sound arrogant but i just find it funny

:D

Don't mean to rub it in, but I'm pumped!

to those of you who have low post count, and are claiming that their dvp is shipping and being delivered soon, have super low credibility. I'll have a moderator check your IP making sure you're not the same person again and again spamming.

if you really wanted us to believe you guys, have at least 25-30 post (WHICH IS NOT A LOT AT ALL) under your belt. then, we'll probably believe you.

other wise when your device shipps take a picture of it with your user name written on a sticky note.

you'll prove yourself then.

digital images prove nothing. for all we know, those were photoshopped.

CrownSeven

Dec 8, 2010
to those of you who have low post count, and are claiming that their dvp is shipping and being delivered soon, have super low credibility. I'll have a moderator check your IP making sure you're not the same person again and again spamming.

if you really wanted us to believe you guys, have at least 25-30 post (WHICH IS NOT A LOT AT ALL) under your belt. then, we'll probably believe you.

other wise when your device shipps take a picture of it with your user name written on a sticky note.

you'll prove yourself then.

digital images prove nothing. for all we know, those were photoshopped.

And what reason would I have to lie? Go ahead, check my IP. Sheesh.

You sir have been added to the 'eat a crow sandwich' list.

Anyone else would like to be added?

kekado

Dec 16, 2010
My order "shipped," I think. Try calling 1 800 433 9014 for their automated order status. I got the tracking number there even though nothing has changed on my order status page.

Only issue is that they shipped it to the TOTALLY WRONG ADDRESS.

Attachments

• fedex.jpg
    fedex.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 30

Wonderstruck80

Sep 25, 2007
Edmonds, WA
I don't give a S*&# what any of u guys say.. I'm just glad I did NOT place my order online so I don't have to go thru any of the s*%$ u guys are going thru...

Btw I went to my local microsoft store and got to play with the venue pro and its great, definately worth the wait (as long as all the issues have been addressed..)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I found this website where you can track your package. It gives you more information than the FeDex tracking website. The website is http://www.packagetrackr.com . If i'm not mistaken it even shows the location of the FedEx truck. Mine arrives on the 24th, i'm crossing my fingers.
    Hello guys. Yes, the pics are from the phone i recieved today. Yes, the droid pro camera sucks and i do have an iphone. The dvp is an awesome phone, its clear and easy to use. I took some pics and they are clear and crisp. keyboard a little small but might not use it that much. phone is big but feels real sturdy. back cover is plastic and comes off good. i will take pics with dvp camera and post them..
    Here’s the jist of the issue. I just spoke with a supervisor of a supervisor who knew quite a bit of information.

Apparently those of us who placed an order on the 1st of December are second in line for delivery. First in line are customers that beat us to the launch date (somehow) – They should of have had their delivered TODAY or already shipped. Microsoft stores are also first; Estimate 100 DVP units per store @ 7 microsoft stores in total = 700 units already sold, 1000 units max.

At this point, unless Dell is stupid, they would have made MUCH more than 1,000 units since they are also launching it for online sale. I was told by this higher supervisor that 20,000 units were placed online on the first week.

Lets assume 5,000 units were manufactured for launch. Minus the 1,000 units already placed by Microsoft stores, MINUS, those that placed the order before launch date, gives us about 3,000 units remaining to be sold to 20,000 people.- THAT, people, is ridiculous!

Now, let’s say all 3,000 units were sold to those people who placed the order on the 1st at 8AM in the morning. The question is, where the hell are their devices? Why can’t their orders be shipped as well?

Let’s just say, there isn’t a defect, but the whole situation is rather an issue of low number in production units (as stated on the Dell blog). Why then, would dell launch the device online? Did they really think that only 500 people were going place an order on the 1st? Really Dell? How stupid can you be! Really!

Even if you had place an order first thing in the morning at 8AM, you would not receive it today (14th) since those who’ve order online before launch date had already beat you to it. And apparently there were THOUSANDS of orders placed before the 1st, thus depleting the units available to those customers who order on launch date at 8AM.
    All this information was given to me over the phone with a higher supervisor of the Mobility center.

Dell is ridiculous. If anything, customers who ordered on the 1st should demand compensation for:
    1) Misled information both online and through various dell representatives over the phone.
    2) Not being told in advanced of delayed shipment until the very, VERY last moment.
    3) Poor communication between several departments of launch details and issue assessment.
    4) Inconsistency in general throughout Dell.
    You gotta be F@#$ing kidding me!!!!

Just got home, opend up the box, that was by the way pretty dirty and underneath my fedex sticker there was another sticker that says republic of china ... picture will come later on but now the fact!!!

I've put in the ATT sim that i have and as i started it up it says:

"The SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code."

HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS?!!!! I payed almost $500 for an unlocked phone to get this???

OMG!!!

I'll update as i go along!

No, you paid $500 for a locked phone. It has always been made clear that the VP is locked to TMobile. There is also virtually no way, based on what's been said here and other places, you will get an unlock code for it.

I have been lurking here most of the week and I have to say, that some of what I've seen said here is just shameful. Some of you act like spoiled little kids who are holding your breath to try and get your way.
    Alright. My DVP is set to arrive this Tuesday (14th) as stated on my order status page. i also have next day delivery. However, the webpage doesnt show my DVP being shipped yet. In fact, its still showing "IN PRODUCTION" as of right now.

Hopefully they will ship it tomorrow (13th) so that I can have it on tuesday.

BTW, what happens if they don't deliver on time? Do they compensate you for paying 16 bucks? What happens? I payed too much to not have dell "deliver" *(pun intended).

Its a sunday so it probally wont ship tonight but it has to go out at least 8 am tomorrow for next day delivery. Dell is weird they missed my sahipping before and gave me 40 dollars off so you never know what they would do. But they would be doing bad business by not getting units out tomorrow with the nexus s launching this week