[Q] What is covering my front camera lens?

Search This thread

bogdan2603

Mar 23, 2011
Hi everyone. Today, I noticed that something is covering my front camera lens.

Do you know what is that piece covering the camera? Anyone encounter this situation?

I didn't drop my phone not even once and I tried to smack the top of the phone to see if it moves, but no luck.

P.S. The camera is able to take pictures normally.

I have a SM-N9005.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140510_094834.jpg
    20140510_094834.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 361

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011

Do you know what is that piece covering the camera? Anyone encounter this situation?

I didn't drop my phone not even once and I tried to smack the top of the phone to see if it moves, but no luck.

I have a SM-N9005.

Thanks

I have the exact same problem. Although mine is worse and i cant take pictures normally. Did you managed to solve this

HanZie82

I have a SM-N9005.

Thanks

I have the exact same problem. Although mine is worse and i cant take pictures normally. Did you managed to solve this

Looks like some sort of cover for the camera.
Maybe this site can help understand: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+Note+3+Teardown/19209
But i think @nicholaschum 's solution will work best.

Reactions: *boy*racer*

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
Reactions: HanZie82

nelven

Jan 8, 2008
Hi....Can you let me know how did you get this fixed as I am also having the same issue....

bogdan2603

Mar 23, 2011
i think its a faulty device or a piece of electrical tape too

I don't think they will consider to be a faulty device and change it, although I would like a new Note 3 :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

To me, it seems to be a soft plastic that keeps the front-camera in position and not to touch directly the front-panel (display assembly).

So, probably they will change/remove the soft plastic :(

pisicutumic

Jun 24, 2013
Constanta
GO to your provider an request a NEW device

Do this : Contact 1st Samsung Service in your country and tell to them the problem becouse this a factory fault phone .
After you make some papers and a proove that you contacted already the samsung Service from your country , contact your seller and show him the problem
YOU MUST proove that : you did NOT DROPED your PHONE , DID NOT SHOCKED YOUR PHONE with some other things , like drop with speed in bed trow in the pillow etc etc , proove that you did not used any screwdriver , to have ORANGE WATER SENSOR in the back under the battery STILL ORANGE and NO ROOTED PHONE .

THEY WILL CHANGE YOUR DEVICE , BECOUSE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX THAT IS A PART OF A PLASTIC THAT WAS SLIPPERED FROM HIS PLACE .

Top Liked Posts