Problems with ISIS Wallet

Search This thread

seanvree

Jan 7, 2009
Seattle
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I've been using ISIS walled for a few weeks now and I love it. If you're on T-mobile I highly suggest signing up. If only for the FREE $50. However, I've noticed that the NFC doesn't work sometimes. previously, with Google Wallet, all I had to do was hold the back of my phone to the terminal from the lock screen and it would launch Google Wallet. With ISIS you have to actually launch the app and then hold the phone to the terminal. However, I've noticed that about %25 of the time, the terminal just doesn't respond.

Anyone else experience this?

sindawe

Jan 27, 2008
Hollywood
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I don't use ISIS, but I do use Google Wallet pretty much anywhere I can. Everywhere I've been that has the sticker for ISIS and I go to tap, the cashier always says something along the lines of "Oh, ISIS doesn't work". I tap anyway, it works, they're surprised, and I tell them it's GW. I know Jamba Juice does NOT like ISIS at all. Rite Aid doesn't show they accept ISIS but GW always works there.

I have had times when NFC didn't work. I'd get the chime that something happened, but on screen it says "please check with cashier". Usually it boils down to the NFC attachment on the terminal has been smacked and broken, or a connection has come loose; at least that's what a manager friend at Famous Footware told me. He actually pulled it out from under the counter and showed me it was just a couple wires they hooked into their terminal and whatnot.

The only other time I've had trouble using it has been when the store uses an all-in-one terminal (like Jack-in-the-box) and they have that security cover on it to keep people from seeing your pin; for some reason, their security covers usually block the NFC so I can't physically get a good tap and end up using my card.