[Q] What about simlock?

Search This thread

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
if you have option, buy unlocked one

why?

1) phone is locked so no other network
2)unlocking phone would be very expensive since is new so £30-40 + wait to people work out how to (price in highstreet)
3)instatly lose warranty - (test point)
4) locked bootloader no fun on xda
-no fastboot
-no unlocked botlooader
-no xrecovery
-no custom rom
-no root
- long wait for update.
- i am not sure whether unlock simlock = unlocked bootloader.

Last edited:

dragon546

Sep 28, 2007
Essex
Hi friends,

Before buying this cute smartphone, I want to know if we have solutions to unsimlock the Xperia S.

Thank you all :)

Currently there is no free Sim Unlock in the DEV section. Best check next time before asking :)

The phone has been out around 3 weeks, might be a while before a solution can be found.

MattNoblett

Jan 28, 2012
Lancashire
I won my Xperia S in a competition from Three UK.

I'm on Orange and have my contract to pay so I asked Three for an unlock code. They've had to speak to Sony because even Three don't have a code yet.

I paid £15 on 9th March and I'm still waiting for an unlock, just want to use my beautiful Xperia :(

moonset

May 13, 2010
London
if you have option, buy unlocked one

why?

1) phone is locked so no other network
2)unlocking phone would be very expensive since is new so £30-40 + wait to people work out how to (price in highstreet)
3)instatly lose warranty - (test point)
4) locked bootloader no fun on xda
-no fastboot
-no unlocked botlooader
-no xrecovery
-no custom rom
-no root
- long wait for update.
- i am not sure whether unlock simlock = unlocked bootloader.

Are you sure? :confused:

A network locked phone cannot be root and no unlocked bootloader?

my X10 was locked and I could root it easily and flash other official roms (different baseband).

Then I sim-unlocked it before flashing custom roms, so I don't know if I am able to do that with a locked phone though.

MattNoblett

Jan 28, 2012
Lancashire
Are you sure? :confused:

A network locked phone cannot be root and no unlocked bootloader?

my X10 was locked and I could root it easily and flash other official roms (different baseband).

Then I sim-unlocked it before flashing custom roms, so I don't know if I am able to do that with a locked phone though.

Just got my Xperia unlocked officially from Three UK. So it works on any network however all the Three integration is still there and after checking the bootloader status I am unable to unlock the bootloader as of now.

So although it's unlocked to any network, it's still kinda locked with regards to the bootloader and rooting.

moonset

May 13, 2010
London
Just got my Xperia unlocked officially from Three UK. So it works on any network however all the Three integration is still there and after checking the bootloader status I am unable to unlock the bootloader as of now.

So although it's unlocked to any network, it's still kinda locked with regards to the bootloader and rooting.

Have you flashed an un-brand firmware? (there is a way to flash another official rom without rooting/unlocking) Maybe it would be bootloader unlock-able after that...? (i really not sure about this)

But there should be a way to root the phone without bootloader unlocked soon or later anyway (just like the others)

and i know that the X10 can be bootloader unlock even with simlock (although the method came out quite late...)

it's just a matter of time, shouldn't be the end of the world :p;)

MattNoblett

Jan 28, 2012
Lancashire
Have you flashed an un-brand firmware? (there is a way to flash another official rom without rooting/unlocking) Maybe it would be bootloader unlock-able after that...? (i really not sure about this)

But there should be a way to root the phone without bootloader unlocked soon or later anyway (just like the others)

and i know that the X10 can be bootloader unlock even with simlock (although the method came out quite late...)

it's just a matter of time, shouldn't be the end of the world :p;)

I've not flashed any new firmware as of yet because I'm not confident in what I'm doing haha. I'm not rushing to find anything, but would like to root at some stage. And if I can unlock the bootloader I would :p

Colinn789

Feb 25, 2010
Barcelona
IMEI UNLOCK Sony Xperia S

Hi,

I planing to buy a Sony Xperia S and IMEI unlock it...Maybe this is a stupid question but if I buy the Xperia S new, is it possible it comes already with blocked counter? or every Xperia S comes with 5 to 10 attempts? and if it comes with factory blocked counter, is it still possible to remove simlock? Would it be to expensive? I really need to know this in order to know if I buy the Xperia S or not. Sorry if it is a dumb question but I was an iOS user 'til now. Sorry if I post this in the wrong thread.

Thank you!!