Orca 2.2+ - toroplus

Search This thread

bigblue4life

Jun 24, 2012
Re: The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Toroplus

By far the best rom I ever been on. Big thanks for this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

mikel719

Mar 25, 2010
Pueblo,Colorado

Running good so far. And tethering works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

bigblue4life

Jun 24, 2012

Can someone see if they are able to install Pandora? For some reason it tells me my device is not compatible.

MartianCeo

Feb 3, 2011
Sacramento

OMG finally finally finally I don't k ow who you are but I love this ROM. Its got everything. I mean everything a person could want. Omg I might go crazy 0.o

Last edited:

mikel719

Mar 25, 2010
Pueblo,Colorado

Can someone see if they are able to install Pandora? For some reason it tells me my device is not compatible.

It let me install it from the market and install one I had backed up to my sd card.

Reactions: bigblue4life

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
Hmm..ya mine seems to be enabled...I think by default it is...but the quick reply doesn't ever pop up. Dam...so far the only thing I can find wrong.

bigblue4life

Jun 24, 2012

It let me install it from the market and install one I had backed up to my sd card.

For some reason it says my device is not compatible. Could my dpi change have something to do with that?

joshuadub

May 21, 2012

Hmm..ya mine seems to be enabled...I think by default it is...but the quick reply doesn't ever pop up. Dam...so far the only thing I can find wrong.

I retract my previous statement yes it works for me I just texted myself and tapped on quick reply and got the pop up however putting pie on left or right makes almost impossible to tap on letters p or q just noticed that right now

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
I retract my previous statement yes it works for me I just texted myself and tapped on quick reply and got the pop up however putting pie on left or right makes almost impossible to tap on letters p or q just noticed that right now

I'm confused, what do you mean tapped quick reply. The way I envisioned this is, I get a txt with my phone off, unlock the phone and a quick reply popup should already be on my screen. Then I just type in a txt message and hit the send arrow.

That behavior itself is not working for me...is what I'm trying to say. So if yours is, then I must be doing something wrong or have something misconfigured? Odd...

joshuadub

May 21, 2012

I'm confused, what do you mean tapped quick reply. The way I envisioned this is, I get a txt with my phone off, unlock the phone and a quick reply popup should already be on my screen. Then I just type in a txt message and hit the send arrow.

That behavior itself is not working for me...is what I'm trying to say. So if yours is, then I must be doing something wrong or have something misconfigured? Odd...

Yeah but this MMS apk doesn't have that option it usually has it in settings and a pop up option to select you can extract it from another ROM and replace this one using root explorer I usually do this if the ROM doesn't have it

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago

I've noticed when u theme SMS it does not theme widget on lock screen. Is it supposed to .

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
hmm, ya guys I dunno, I feel like the mms.apk in this rom needs improvement or a dramatic update. Firstly, I can't send over 160 char txt message..it just doesnt send. Nor does it split it up. Normally in something like CM10 or CM10.1 roms, Jellybro or official CM10, theres a setting in messaging that allows you to check sms splitting 1/2. This sms.apk doesnt have that which could be part of the issue. I feel its missing a few other essential settings that normal Cm10 series roms have. Kinda a deal breaker for me..unless I take JellyBros mms.apk and replace this one..but then I lose sms styling.

ugh...

bigblue4life

Jun 24, 2012

Solved

Last edited:

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago

Besides going to rom settings /pie control which is not enabling pie for me...is there something else I have to do

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
hmm, ya guys I dunno, I feel like the mms.apk in this rom needs improvement or a dramatic update. Firstly, I can't send over 160 char txt message..it just doesnt send. Nor does it split it up. Normally in something like CM10 or CM10.1 roms, Jellybro or official CM10, theres a setting in messaging that allows you to check sms splitting 1/2. This sms.apk doesnt have that which could be part of the issue. I feel its missing a few other essential settings that normal Cm10 series roms have. Kinda a deal breaker for me..unless I take JellyBros mms.apk and replace this one..but then I lose sms styling.

ugh...

Maybe we can adapt these settings into sms.apk ? I dunno.

Attachments

• sms1.jpg
    sms1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 275
  • sms2.jpg
    sms2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 272

Blokgang

Sep 28, 2010

If you need to type a 500 character text message... Maybe it's easier to just email?

MartianCeo

Feb 3, 2011
Sacramento

I've noticed when u theme SMS it does not theme widget on lock screen. Is it supposed to .

Edit: it is for the lock screen widget. Its right when you press theme MMS. Press widget colors.

There is an option to theme the widget itself. Unless that's for the unlocked screen one.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Orca Project 4.2+ Builds - Orca Wave 2.2+

orca.png

The Orca Project is back with Orca Wave 2.2+. Based on Vanilla AOSP, AOKP, CM, and Paranoid with 4.2.2 and available on multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds and Release Candidate builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and orcaproject.co!

This rom is one of one of the more fully featured roms around currently. More and More Features are getting added in each nightly build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom. Each build is focused on being as stable as possible even with nightly builds.

Features: (Changing With Every Nightly Please See Changelog on Site or Latest Commits on Github)

* Android 4.2.2r1.2 Update
    * Orca Settings (Based off of AOKP RomControl)
    * Hybrid Settings (Paranoids)
    * HALO
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * Privacy Guard
    * CM Security Fix
    * Orca Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * LockClock
    * Ribbons
    * Statusbar Hide
    * Dark UI
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * Everything you can think of, we have it.
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, ROOT-BOX, CARBON, SLIM, XYLON, All credits can be found at Orcaproject.co. CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA TOROPLUS DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
    http://orcaproject.co/The_Orca_Project_-_Android_Roms/Toroplus.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/toroplus
    GAPPS

DEVICE SOURCE
    DEVICE KERNEL
    GITHUB
    Its in the same thread to if I'm not mistaken. Just a simple copy and paste.

For those who want to use Baked MMS (I use it with all ROMs with no issues) Ill link the telephony fix and attach a flashable zip for you guys.

here is the fix: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36929927&postcount=2701
    7/16 Nightly is Up (Working Data)

Ok, I've confirmed that the latest Orca Nightly (7/16, Link to GooManager Download is HERE) HAS WORKING DATA. For those of you who tried the previous Nightly (7/9) that didn't have working data I want you to know that the issue is resolved. The 7/16 build is packed with customization options, and with working data, you'll love it...

Mms from Baked 7 works for me. However I did have to replace the telephony.db also to get mms to send.

G-Nexus Sent
    Can someone pull and post the telephony file for me please? I believe you have to be on the ROM to pull that or am I mistaken?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

here's the black bean one that works with the mms.apk: