Help please!

Search This thread

rrravipatel

Feb 19, 2014
So I have the Tmobile variant of the S3 and I have tried everything and spent countless hours trying to fix my problem. My phone will not connect to my computer after I tried with different cables and going through the phone utilities. I also did what other forums said and I had no luck. The binary count is at 10 because I tried to root this phone long time ago and I was unsuccessful. The device is not rooted because I checked if I had root access. The phone will only charge when I connect it to the computer and I need it to update to the stock 4.3 from Tmobile using odin. Any help??

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
So I have the Tmobile variant of the S3 and I have tried everything and spent countless hours trying to fix my problem. My phone will not connect to my computer after I tried with different cables and going through the phone utilities. I also did what other forums said and I had no luck. The binary count is at 10 because I tried to root this phone long time ago and I was unsuccessful. The device is not rooted because I checked if I had root access. The phone will only charge when I connect it to the computer and I need it to update to the stock 4.3 from Tmobile using odin. Any help??

Are you using cables bought with chargers? Or are you using quality "Data Cables"? Also, try different USB ports on the computer. Uninstall and reinstall drivers from Device Manager. If it will charge, but not transfer data, it sounds to me that its either a cable issue, or a driver issue. (Could be a bad port on the phone as well, but this is less likely)

rrravipatel

Feb 19, 2014
Are you using cables bought with chargers? Or are you using quality "Data Cables"? Also, try different USB ports on the computer. Uninstall and reinstall drivers from Device Manager. If it will charge, but not transfer data, it sounds to me that its either a cable issue, or a driver issue. (Could be a bad port on the phone as well, but this is less likely)

Yeah I tried all of that and I still had no luck

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If you are stock, unrooted, can't you just use the software update in settings > about device?

When connected to the computer, what does it say in device manager?

Can you try on a different computer? If it also does not work on another computer, it may be more likely that there is a problem with the port on your phone.

Jun 20, 2014
Hi

I recommend you try re installing your cell phones drivers on your computer or flashing your ROM correctly. Try updating the device manually.

rrravipatel

Feb 19, 2014
If you are stock, unrooted, can't you just use the software update in settings > about device?

When connected to the computer, what does it say in device manager?

Can you try on a different computer? If it also does not work on another computer, it may be more likely that there is a problem with the port on your phone.

I tried to do all that with the drivers but the phone will not connect regardless.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Sounds like its either cables or usb ports then. See if you cant get a hold of an actual data cable, preferably a samsung replacement. Then try that on every usb port on the computer.

And for the drivers, are you uninstalling them through device manager before trying a different version? In my driver repo at least try the oldest and the 2nd and 3rd from the newest if you haven't already.

If none of the above works you may need to consider either reformatting and reinstalling Windows, or try to do this on a friend ir family members computer.