Installed, seems smooth
Has multi user enabled

Screenshot_2014-06-25-09-32-54.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Gilly10

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Sorry, I didnt manage to get the update file

No problem, I'll try myself later or wait & update via Odin :)

EDIT: Forgot that you'd need root to get the update & if rooted you'd have never got the OTA :p

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Currently downloading 696.43MB ota update

Installed, seems smooth
Has multi user enabled

View attachment 2816565

Forgot to ask, has this update added a newer KNOX enabled bootloader with warranty flag?

If you can, from powered off state, boot into Download Mode (Home + Volume Down + Power)

If it hasn't added one it'll have 5 lines saying this:

Code:
[B][COLOR="Red"]ODIN MODE[/COLOR][/B]
PRODUCT NAME:
CURRENT BINARY:
SYSTEM STATUS:
RP SWREV: A1

Are you able to confirm?

Thanks

Last edited:

dhd1802

Feb 20, 2011

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Forgot to ask, has this update added a newer KNOX enabled bootloader with warranty flag?

If you can, from powered off state, boot into Download Mode (Home + Volume Up + Power)

Code:
PRODUCT NAME:
CURRENT BINARY:
SYSTEM STATUS:

Are you able to confirm?

Thanks

as requested, this is what download mode shows..

Code:
PRODUCT NAME: SM-T310
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL

podycust

Jan 18, 2010
anyone else not getting full screen album art on lockscreen while playing music after updating to 4.4?

Pajo_16

Mar 6, 2011
Belfast
Help with UK OTA update file

Any possibility of uploading the update file?

No worries if you can't though, I'll try & get it later, problem is I'm on a different region of KitKat firmware (France).

Gilly10,

I started to download the OTA, cancelled it, started abd logcat %> log.txt at the Ubuntu terminal and restarted the download. I cannot see any url in the log.txt file. Is it too late to capture the url once the download has been started?

Thanks, PJ.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Gilly10,

I started to download the OTA, cancelled it, started abd logcat %> log.txt at the Ubuntu terminal and restarted the download. I cannot see any url in the log.txt file. Is it too late to capture the url once the download has been started?

Thanks, PJ.

I cancelled the download again, tried going into the stock recovery and wiping the cache. I started the adb logcat again, reinitialised the update procedure but can only find this multiple places in the log:
I/DownloadManager( 2605): Initiating request for download id = 1009 with mAllowedNetworkTypes = 0 forP2Pbit = 8194
D/DownloadManager( 2605): GO TO PROXY

Am I too late?

Can I allow the OTA to continue... once complete... stop the install and root the device to access the zip file on the cache? (p.S How can I root from the terminal and if I root to get the ZIP can I unroot to make it look like it was never rooted? Airwatch is stalking my every move.

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Am I too late?

Can I allow the OTA to continue... once complete... stop the install and root the device to access the zip file on the cache? (p.S How can I root from the terminal and if I root to get the ZIP can I unroot to make it look like it was never rooted? Airwatch is stalking my every move.

The OTA update.zip is located in /data/fota & needs root access to get to it on the device, you may be able to use adb pull command to pull the folder or file after it's finished downloading so: adb pull /data/fota/update.zip, not sure it'll work, anyway if your rooted the update.zip fails to install as well.

Also for some reason I couldn't see what was inside the update.zip as it can't be opened neither with a capable android file manager or on Windows, just produces errors.

Pajo_16

Mar 6, 2011
Belfast
The OTA update.zip is located in /data/fota & needs root access to get to it on the device, you may be able to use adb pull command to pull the folder or file after it's finished downloading so: adb pull /data/fota/update.zip, not sure it'll work, anyway if your rooted the update.zip fails to install as well.

Also for some reason I couldn't see what was inside the update.zip as it can't be opened neither with a capable android file manager or on Windows, just produces errors.

At 91% right now...

Tried adb pull /data/fota/update.zip... got this...

patrick@M90:~/Documents$ adb pull /data/fota/update.zip
pull: building file list...
0 files pulled. 0 files skipped.

Tried adb pull /data
got this....
patrick@M90:~/Documents$ adb pull /data
pull: building file list...
0 files pulled. 0 files skipped.

So as you suspected I need root to get in there. And if you have already tried, and can't decode the update.zip, there's probably little chance of me doing that.

I am going to let the update proceed. :crying:

Thanks for the help.

****EDIT*****
Unless update.zip is the Samsung backup of your device and not the ota update?

****EDIT2****
Have you the ability to adb pull /cache the entire cache folder???
The ota may be in there still? I'm clutching at straws...

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

anyone else not getting full screen album art on lockscreen while playing music after updating to 4.4?

I have just downloaded the update and I am presented with this:

Software Update
Update Package Downloaded. Install now?

[ ] Scheduled software updates

Update details

1. OS Upgrade - [KitKat 4.4.2]
2. Music Album art will be displayed on the lock screenwhile playing music.
3. The new launcher setting menu has been added. - [Home Screen].
4. Camera shortcut is added in the lock screen.
5. Improved the User Interfaceand stability
* Some changes may vary depending on country or network operator.
* After updating, you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy.

Caution

During installation, you cannot use...

blah blah blah

... if this installation fails, you can easily update your device via Samsung Kies (www.samsung.com).

Last edited:

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Last edited:

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
As of now there are 6 firmware releases, first five are based on the same build just with different CSC's I think.

India build is the latest, I flashed just the system.img & boot.img but didn't notice anything new, may be bug fixes, not entirely sure.

I did get a warning from KNOX that my system had been modified & to restart, which I never got on T310XXUBNE9 release?

May Build

Italy - T310XXUBNE9
Switzerland - T310XXUBNE9
United Kingdom - T310XXUBNE9
Germany - T310XXUBNE9
France - T310XXUBNE9

June Build

India - T310XXUBNF4

Source - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Reactions: Pajo_16

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Which means there are only two builds.

each firmware version consists of 4 parts: device model, country/region code, language code and firmware version number
for example: T310XXUBNE9
device model = T310
country/region code = XX = Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Language = UB = es.en.pt
firmware version = NE9 = 2104 - May - Version 9

the last three letters appear on the firmware code or name is the firmware version and follows a naming convention by Samsung which represents the build date and version of the firmware. so you can tell by looking at the firmware code which is a newer one

firmware version = NE9
- the first letter represents the year
J = 2010
K = 2011
L = 2012
N = 2014, etc

- the second letter represents the month
A = January
B = February
C = March
D = April
E = May
F = June
G = July
H = August
I = September
J = October
K = November
L = December

T310XXUBNE9 T310XXUBNF4

These are both XX = region which is Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
UB = Language code = en,es,pt
NE = Year/Month = 2014 May and 2014 June
http://www.cpkb.org/wiki/Samsung_firmware_naming_conventions

Normally region code DD = India, so I would say this is a test release for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pajo_16

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Anyone experienced any random reboots whilst using the new KitKat update?

I've had one yesterday whilst installing some apps from the Play Store another today just after I un-installed an app.

Reading around seems a few of Samsung's devices are having issues with KitKat & random reboots etc.

I'm rooted so I'm not sure if that contributes to it what with KNOX an all?

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
I'd say it more likely caused by all the updates that Google and other are sending out for apps than Samsung . I have seen reboots on my other devices that haven't seen a ROM update in months. Google Maps seems very unstable for the last two releases and causes my phone to reboot often now or the app just quits. Google has shoved out multiple updates for almost every app they have leading up to Google I/O

Last edited:

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
I'd say it more likely caused by all the updates that Google and other are sending out for apps than Samsung . I have seen reboots on my other devices that haven't seen a ROM update in months. Google Maps seems very unstable for the last two releases and causes my phone to reboot often now or the app just quits. Google has shoved out multiple updates for almost very apps they have leading up to Google I/O

Probably right, anyway it's a minor annoyance, this tablet boots up pretty fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a6a6y3y8.jpg

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    Currently downloading 696.43MB ota update

Installed, seems smooth
    Has multi user enabled

Screenshot_2014-06-25-09-32-54.png

If you can, from powered off state, boot into Download Mode (Home + Volume Up + Power)

Code:
    PRODUCT NAME:
    CURRENT BINARY:
    SYSTEM STATUS:

Are you able to confirm?

Thanks

as requested, this is what download mode shows..

Code:
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-T310
    CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
    SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
    This is the French version that has been out for several days and is available on KIES and the SamMobile Firmware site.

this is the uk ota update that was pushed to my tab my tablet this morning.
    As of now there are 6 firmware releases, first five are based on the same build just with different CSC's I think.

India build is the latest, I flashed just the system.img & boot.img but didn't notice anything new, may be bug fixes, not entirely sure.

I did get a warning from KNOX that my system had been modified & to restart, which I never got on T310XXUBNE9 release?

May Build

Italy - T310XXUBNE9
    Switzerland - T310XXUBNE9
    United Kingdom - T310XXUBNE9
    Germany - T310XXUBNE9
    France - T310XXUBNE9

June Build

India - T310XXUBNF4

Source - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/