Samsung S8600 Wave 3 Android development?

Search This thread

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
Anybody interested in porting Android on this cool device? I am sure some of us, wave 3 owners, will help as much as needed.

Last edited:

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
This thread should have been posted in the "Android Development on Bada" section.
For the moment no project for this device started but there is a short thread about this in progress :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1368376

I guess this thread is right where it needs to be. I don't like spamming development sections with useless questions like mine :D. You have to agree with me on this one.

But i would like to gather up a gang of wave 3 owners, here, on the general section, and maybe we could start something... you know, strength is in number. And donations too.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
:confused:

Meanwhile you could help finish S8500 and S8530 Android port.

Here similar request of yours...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1287278

Best Regards

I would love to help but i own a Wave 3 now, my Wave 1 is long gone.
Anyway, i would love to try and test the android project for wave 1 and 2 on wave 3. Maybe, with the help of some samsung galaxy roms, we could get it started on wave 3 too. The problem still remains the gsm and 3g.

Tarun95

Sep 5, 2010
Hey ruwin if u really want android why didn't u go for some android after selling ur previous wave. There are many android handsets in the same range as wave 3 and almost similar hardware. Why did u choose wave 3 if u want android ?

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
Hey ruwin if u really want android why didn't u go for some android after selling ur previous wave. There are many android handsets in the same range as wave 3 and almost similar hardware. Why did u choose wave 3 if u want android ?

Don't get me wrong, i love my wave, and if there will be android on wave i would use it (at most) in dual boot only for some apps i need. The thing that i am going for is OPTION. Plus, you have to admit, this build quality (wave 3) is hard to find in the android world.

From another pov:
Are you not able to understand that this is a developing and modding forum? This means that it is the right place to post about modding/porting android for wave. Now i am starting to understand why bada developers are leaving the bada community. And it seems that i am encouraged to do so too...

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Are you not able to understand that this is a developing and modding forum?
You are right. ..but Android section is much better to ask. :D

Start with compiling right FOTA for S8600...
Read here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1020444&highlight=fota

"We", this means mijoma , made few Examples to test work of FOTA...
See Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A35k3E1F1O4

Btw...
you can help them. Disassemble wave, make same macro photo of PCB and send it them.

:D

But maybe MUCH smarter is to collect first all documents... for S8600.
Like this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=901416

No need to destroy working S8600 as step 1. ;)

Best Regards

Tarun95

Sep 5, 2010
Yup I agree build quality like that wave 3 is difficult to find in any android. Btw I know a little bit of c++. Can I be of any good in android porting ?

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
I started this thread here because I don't agree with spamming developer sections. I move to the developer section as soon as i get the service documentation for wave 3. I have a friend who works at a partner service and I hope we can get the service manual. meanwhile I will try to get my hands on a broken wave 3 to shoot some macros. or if safe, I will open mine.

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Waiting impatiently for docs and photos. :]

Also I can provide my help in analysing/hacking S8600 original kernel and bootloaders if some competent people pop up from somewhere. ^.-

Last edited:
Reactions: freddy5 and adfree

abdullp6

Jul 22, 2012
I guess this thread is right where it needs to be. I don't like spamming development sections with useless questions like mine :D. You have to agree with me on this one.

But i would like to gather up a gang of wave 3 owners, here, on the general section, and maybe we could start something... you know, strength is in number. And donations too.

One of my friends would be interested in that too. Owns a Wave 3 and is waiting for someone kind enough to port android to it.:)

Dondanalaydon

Jan 30, 2012
There is a major difference in approach towards Android on Wave 3 than on the previous ones.

With Bada 1.0 and Wave I - device comparable to Galaxy S, expectations about platform developement were high. Those high expectations became a pretext to push forward the Android Port initiative, which is still in progress today.

Wave3 on the other hand, is a hype-less phone, which didn't meet the expectations (Double-Core CPU for example) form the very beginning, so the userbase of this device was buying it being hugely aware of what it can, and can't do. So It rather won't find any "geek" base anytime soon, not to mention that s85xx-style modding is mostly uneffective on S8600 - and that is making a lot of confusion on local Samsung Wave forums, where new users of Wave3 are mostly misled by modders bringing them answers based on old methods to the new device. Plus, the Wave series never were considered as modding-friendly.

Approach like mine : "I got a Wave 3 and i really don't need any android on it" is the most common among it's users and there isn't much you can do with it. W3 is simply a niche phone.

angel9999l5

Jan 23, 2014
cabourg
about wave3

Hello, i own a samsung wave 3 i bought him 2 years ago, but i recently bought a android tablet and i see the difference between bada and android i remember when i bought wave 3 i hesitate between android phone and bada phone and i choose bada because its was cheaper.
but i don't find too many games like android and no live wallpaper like android do i searched for thread if wave 3 can have android and now i see there is not port again.
and the shop where i bought my wave 3 have definitly close the vendor made me a 2 years forfait so i cannot change forfait until november 2014 so i will keep my wave until this time and after bought a android phone.

Last edited:

mailrok

Sep 29, 2013
Hello, i own a samsung wave 3 i bought him 2 years ago, but i recently bought a android tablet and i see the difference between bada and android i remember when i bought wave 3 i hesitate between android phone and bada phone and i choose bada because its was cheaper.
but i don't find too many games like android and no live wallpaper like android do i searched for thread if wave 3 can have android and now i see there is not port again.
and the shop where i bought my wave 3 have definitly close the vendor made me a 2 years forfait so i cannot change forfait until november 2014 so i will keep my wave until this time and after bought a android phone.

Found to compare with, the development of android and bada.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I started this thread here because I don't agree with spamming developer sections. I move to the developer section as soon as i get the service documentation for wave 3. I have a friend who works at a partner service and I hope we can get the service manual. meanwhile I will try to get my hands on a broken wave 3 to shoot some macros. or if safe, I will open mine.
    Did they released it in USA? If not - you won't find enough devs for that work.
    Waiting impatiently for docs and photos. :]

Also I can provide my help in analysing/hacking S8600 original kernel and bootloaders if some competent people pop up from somewhere. ^.-