[Rom][S4-VZW][Official][Kitkat - 4.4.2] - Gummy - Nighly's

Search This thread
How is the bluetooth while driving? Im used to running bluetooth + gps + music player or pandora + make / receive incoming calls. Got a parrot.

CM 10.2 couldnt handle it. Garble stutter cutting in/out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Bluetooth works just fine.
GPS is quirky, I have to toggle it at least once per day. It works best in device mode only.
Apollo, Google Music, and Pandora works over bluetooth also. I think that Apollo and Pandora works best over bluetooth.
No issues making or receiving calls other than the in-call mute button doesn't work.

Reactions: radpp16

radpp16

Sep 6, 2011
Install went smoothly. I went with modular gapps. Gonna run it the whole weekend. Is 12/31/13 latest?

radpp16

Sep 6, 2011
Anyone have remedy for youtube stuck on loading videos with ads. Says will play in 5 seconds but never loads? I did clear cache and uninstall updates.

vincientjames

Aug 16, 2011
I was running the nightly from 12-25 for a couple of weeks and everything was fine until my gps started acting up. So now I'm running the nightly from 1-25-14 and I'm still having issues with GPS and now YouTube doesn't work properly on LTE (works fine over WiFi). The app will open and you can browse videos but when you try and watch one it just hands up in a buffering loop. It will even load the ads but after that I get nothing. I've completely wiped it and reinstalled from the play store and still nothing.

Anyone know of something that might help or possibly a more stable release as far as GPS and YouTube are concerned?

Mtsprite

Oct 2, 2013
Houston
I don't know if this is just me but is anyone else noticing there phone get hot (like very hot), even when under light use? With other roms its not a problem, so it shouldent be the phone.

SCDroid

Dec 3, 2009
After flashing the 1-28 nightly my phone tries to activate and just hangs there. any suggestions?

FileEdit

Dec 17, 2010
No SD card after 1-28

Nightly 1-28 disabled my SD card. If I remove it and insert it again, it says preparing SD card but then it shows 0 kb and nothing is on the card. I had to revert to 1-25 to regain access to my SD card.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Never mind. With 1-29 it's back to normal.

FileEdit

Dec 17, 2010
I take that back. The SD card shows up at first boot, but after the next reboot it disappears. Anyone else with this problem?

JewRican

Jul 17, 2010
anyone have an issue with the latest nightly? i flashed it but never passed the boot screen (gummy logo). Was it just me. Was a dirty flash on top of the 1/28 build.

rajones19

Aug 11, 2010
Running the 2/11 build, and having trouble keeping Bluetooth connected to SYNC in my car. It takes a long time to connect, then disconnects, reconnects, or sometimes doesn't. Sometimes if I dial manually, it suddenly reconnects for the actual phone call. This problem first surfaced a week or two ago, can't remember which build, but then it seemed to be fixed.When the problem resurfaced with the 2/11 build, I wiped clean and started over to make sure it wasn't a dirty-flashing issue, but that didn't fix it. I see there were quite a lot of merges in today's 2/13 build, but I am not fluent enough in Gerritt-Speak to know if any of them were BT-related. Also, today's build is only 33 megs on the server, so pretty sure that's not going to flash.

Been running Gummy for quite awhile now, and I think this BT issue is the only problem I've experienced. Fantastic work!

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
anyone have an issue with the latest nightly? i flashed it but never passed the boot screen (gummy logo). Was it just me. Was a dirty flash on top of the 1/28 build.

I had the same thing happen to me with a fresh install. I didn't see it through tho... Went in another direction. I like Gummy though... Good rom

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY

IulWCzh.png

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.*

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Lock clock widget
    * QuickSettings
    * Theme Manager

Device Specific:

Whats not working...
    * In-Call mute
    * HDR camera
    * misc QuickSettings buttons may still have issues (let us know what you find)
    * what else (you tell us)

ChangLOG:

Please review out Gerrit instance to keep up with changes daily...

Instructions for installations:

1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

- Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting * * Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    - Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    - Androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker29, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev

Artwork direction and development
    ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:eek:pen,n,z

Twitter- @gummyRom

GAPPS - we now recommend PA-Gapps

ROM
    Well my wife just had a baby... So I am a little busy atm

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    testing a new build now.. should have a new release today with fixed NFC, IRDA and BT Audio.. Also we are adding a few more features back such as hardware key rebinding and carrier label options.
    What about the theme engine? Is that coming?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Extras are coming... First thing is always 100% functionality.. I think we now have that BTW :)

Finally fixed YouTube and video playback issue.. Compiling new build now