[AOSPA][4.4.2] PARANOIDANDROlD 4.3 BETA1 [4/28]

Search This thread

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
Does this have the '3dot menu overflow' support?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

WilliamtheIII

Mar 22, 2012
Manchester
What are thoughts on battery? I've seen a drastic nose dive. Any clue as to what might be causing this? Sometimes it's Google now, sometimes it's media, but it certainly seems like I'm averaging a relatively bad battery life. Advise please.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384812391484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384812391484.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 671
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384812404658.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384812404658.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 685

WilliamtheIII

Mar 22, 2012
Manchester
Also, how is the in call quality. I made the mistake of conducting a phone interview today and the other line was unclear at best. I hate to nitpick-- especially on such a beautifully compiled early build of Kit Kat. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a bad flash and some of my experiences are shared within the community. Thanks in advance guys!

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Also, how is the in call quality. I made the mistake of conducting a phone interview today and the other line was unclear at best. I hate to nitpick-- especially on such a beautifully compiled early build of Kit Kat. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a bad flash and some of my experiences are shared within the community. Thanks in advance guys!

Voice quality seems pretty good for me.

WilliamtheIII

Mar 22, 2012
Manchester
I think I was able to find the root of the problem. Google now is a huge battery drain. Once forced closed my system could finally go into sleep mode. Something about Google now on this build (i think) keeps my system awake. Strange. I've attached images. Hopefully a permanent solution can be implemented in the future.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384829624215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384829624215.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 606
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384829638950.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384829638950.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 596

SASQUATCH

Apr 6, 2012
maywood,ca
I think I was able to find the root of the problem. Google now is a huge battery drain. Once forced closed my system could finally go into sleep mode. Something about Google now on this build (i think) keeps my system awake. Strange. I've attached images. Hopefully a permanent solution can be implemented in the future.

Yeah Google now is always running in the background so it will kill battery. I might be wrong. If you want to remove it try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYnT7WKqbE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WilliamtheIII

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Any know of a core 4.4 gapps like evervolv had for previous versions? 200+ MB gapps is silly when half of the apps are already out of date. Heck the rom is not even that large.

Also has anyone tried restoring pa from a nand? I tried it with cm11 and lose all mobile service (phone #, prl, etc..) and yes I am using latest cwmr.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

jdmegkoupe

Jul 20, 2009
Is art runtime enabled? If not can it be enabled w/o softbricking / bootlooping the device?

Devotech

Jan 6, 2009
Maybe this will help track a bug... Not all my apps can see the Gyroscope. I've noticed that if I have GPS Status running the gyroscope works in other apps. Stops working after GPS Status closes...

Last edited:

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
Its been pretty damn solid. Only bug I have is unlocking the phone not using any type of lock when pressing home it will awaken the phone and also bring up the recent apps randomly. Other than that this is my daily.

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
BTW the GPS thing, I came from CM 4.3 and it locked in instantaneously.

Reactions: aheeejd

kotowski

Apr 9, 2008
GPS lock

I did not lock GPS on TW before flashing PA 4.0. Now I can't get lock at all. Do I need to flash back to a TW, lock, then flash PA or is there an easier/cleaner way? Could a note get added to the OP for this?

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
BTW the GPS thing, I came from CM 4.3 and it locked in instantaneously.

Apparently you will need to go back to TW, get a lock and do a fresh install since restoring a nandroid from this ROM is not a viable option right now, your cell service will not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PARANOIDANDROID 4.3 BETA 1
    android-4.4.2_r2 KVT49L

1. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST ROM

http://goo.im/devs/aospa_legacy/l900

2. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 4.4 PA GAPPS PACKAGE

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

3. FACTORY RESET

4. FLASH ROM & GAPPS

Flash with the latest CWM recovery or else you'll lose your baseband!

5. ENJOY!

GERRIT
    AOSPA GIT
    AOSPA-LEGACY GIT
    Posting new builds tomorrow when I get some time. Having a small Thanksgiving dinner with my family before heading back up to school but I'll try and get them up. Stay tuned!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    BUGS,
    -Check bugs listed in sbrissen's CM11 thread here!
    -Setup wizard tries to activate your mobile data on initial flash, just skip through it!

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

If you would like to donate to me, thank you I appreciate it. However, consider donating to sbrissen
    first as he is the real mastermind behind AOSP for our awesome device. Go give him a thanks here!

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Huge thanks,
    sbrissen & codeworkx
    New build is finally up! Sorry about being late on that. I was honestly feeling lazy when I got back to my apartment Sunday and just relaxed and watch some football lol and yesterday I had a physics exam I had to get out of the way. Anyways, not too much has changed, just fixes and a few features here and there. Check AOSPA-legacy github for all the details if you must know though. This does have sbrissen's open source sensors though so proximity sensor should be good. If your rotation seems to lock up in portrait, I found that downloading the app Androsensor then simply opening it up fixed that issue. Enjoy!
    Is anybody having issues with Google Wallet on this build? Everything looks OK in the app - it says "Device is ready for tap and pay purchases". I can see that Google Wallet is selected in Settings-->Device-->Tap & pay and NFC is enabled in Settings-->Wireless & Networks-->More. I can read and write to my NFC tags just fine, but every time I try to use wallet at an NFC pay station, nothing happens. No vibration, no beep, nothing. I assumed it was the vendor initally, but I'm getting the same problem at every vendor I've tried now since installing this ROM.

Yea. Same issue here. Two things however. Firstly, I've only tried at one vendor. Second, but more importantly, my secure element has been locked out since almost right after I got my phone from flashing ROM's etc. I've never been able to get Wallet to fully set up since, until now, on this build, so if you're element was bored before, nothing has probably changed now except something within the app that's not catching it.

This feature is actually broken and doesnt work. I'm going to remove the option soon. Google made some changes to NFC under the hood so this option will only work with newer NFC chips.

I'm releasing a new build when PA announces it maybe later today or tomorrow. It most likely will have halo, will have improved quick settings aka quick settings 3.0, and more stable camera/sensors.