[Q] Call forwarding with NFC

Search This thread

romainpicou

Nov 19, 2010
I recently installed an android tablet in my car. Currently when I enter my car, I scan an NFC tag and it disables wifi and enables tethering to get my tablet connected. I have installed google voice with a google number on my tablet. On my phone: if I go to Settings -> Call -> Call Forwarding -> enable "always forward" to my google number then i recieve calls to my tablet... which is great. Thing is I can't figure out how to set up that nfc tag to toggle call forwarding. Anybody know how to do this? My phone is ATT HTC ONE M8 btw. I have trigger and tasker apps but can't figure this one out for the life of me.

romainpicou

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks for the help, my phone now automatically does call forwarding.
Now I need to figure out how to make an exit task so that when i scan the same nfc, my phone dials a number to deactivate the call forwarding.
Any ideas?

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
Thanks for the help, my phone now automatically does call forwarding.
Now I need to figure out how to make an exit task so that when i scan the same nfc, my phone dials a number to deactivate the call forwarding.
Any ideas?

Are you using tasker to do it? And do you use Bluetooth in the car? Might have an easy suggestion for you if both are yes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
Yes I am using tasker and there is bluetooth on both my tablet and phone, what can you suggest for me?

Well because you're using NFC I'm not sure you can really use an exit task but you can create exactly the same thing with a task and an 'if' statement. Something like a profile based on the scan of your NFC that launches a task that does one thing if your connected to a certain Bluetooth and another if your not. I have profiles setup for in the car based on that Bluetooth and others based on Bluetooth headphones... Let me know if you want more info or help creating the statements.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fomrilus

Sep 11, 2015
I know i'ts too late. But I post my method of forwarding calls with NFC tags. Not shure with Google voice or other, but works with SIM cards.
1. Download "Trigger" app
2. Download "Call Plugin for Trigger"
3. Download "Tag Re-use Plugin for Trigger"
4. Start "Trigger" and make a new task
5. In first window press + and add NFC, tap Next
6. In second window name your task (I named "Call Divert ON"), tap +, choose "Phone" -> "Make a call"
7. Type in MMI code which is provided by your operator for call forwarding. I think usually you can find it on their webpage on you can call them. (Mine was **21*phonenumber# ). Click add.
8. In the next frame do the same thing, but type number to deactivate call forwarding. (Mine was ##21# )
9. Click next, and scan your NFC tag.
From now on if you scan NFC tag it will activate MMI code and activate Call Forwarding.
If you scan NFC tag again it will deactivate call forwarding.
To deactivate call forwarding I allso put trigger widget onto one of the desktops. Just in case you leava a car and forget to deactivate call forwarding.
Also try playing with Trigger commands. I also put "Tunr off screen after 15 secs" on first task, and "Turn off screen after 2 minutes in seccond task" . But had to ass pause in first to exclude nfc rescanning.
Keep in mind that usually NFC will work only when phone is on and unlocked. To make it run even in sleep mode you will have to root phone and run modules with Xposed or something else.

Top Liked Posts