New Facebook 15/12/10

Search This thread

vinistois

Nov 21, 2010
Works great. Froyo. Awesome to get comments as notifications.

I missed this from my palm pre. Amazing how android is so advanced in some areas but lacking in the basics.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

Adevem

Aug 4, 2010
haven't read through this thread but turn off notifications completely if you don't want facebook holding partial wake locks forever.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

dsMA

Jun 4, 2010
Sacramento
I have a HTC Hero from Sprint running andriod 2.2. via cm6.0 I am not receiving push notifications either.

Facebook made a posting on Facebook saying that push notifications require 2.2 but as I said I have 2.2 and no push for me.

Does anyone know what kinds of notifications you are suppose to be receiving?

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
so, I seem to get notification, but i turned OFF getting notified for messages, and i still seem to get them.

I do not want messages, the messages i get are worthless most of the time.

Yeah I am running an Aria with CM6.1 with the Froyo kernel and everything work except for notifications. What gives? How come the Android Facebook app is so far behind the curve? Why can't we just get the same features as the IPhone app? And what's the deal with the picture thing at the bottom of the screen? I know it's been there for a while but it's useless, take that out and give of useful features.

Adevem

Aug 4, 2010
Had to turn off Facebook Chat in the new version of facebook due to massive battery drain. From 100% down to 21% in 6 hours on my Samsung Galaxy S. Looking at battery usage statistics in Spare Parts, it seems like Facebook prevents Android from going into standby or wakes it up a bit too often respectively. See screenshot here: http://www.androidnews.de/i/samsung-galaxy-s-battery.png
ye it kept my SGS running all day. good thing i found it out in a few minutes. disabled notifications altogether and it's all good now.

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
What are we supposed to get notifications of? Seems as if people are being notified for more than just the 3 items listed in the app. Do we get notified of EVERYTHING that you get notified us when visiting the facebook site itself?

barisahmet

Jul 23, 2009
Istanbul
What are we supposed to get notifications of? Seems as if people are being notified for more than just the 3 items listed in the app. Do we get notified of EVERYTHING that you get notified us when visiting the facebook site itself?
You get only the notifications listed in the app. Just not in a given period, but immediately when comment or message or some request arrives. Nothing more, at least for me. A.K.A STILL SUCKS, but less.

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
You get only the notifications listed in the app. Just not in a given period, but immediately when comment or message or some request arrives. Nothing more, at least for me. A.K.A STILL SUCKS, but less.

That's definitely not true though. The app only has notification checkboxes for messages, friend request and event invites, yet people say they are receiving push notifications for wall posts, picture comments, etc.

So back to my question:
Do we get notified of EVERYTHING that you get notified us when visiting the facebook site itself?

If not, what determines what we get notified of?

barisahmet

Jul 23, 2009
Istanbul
That's definitely not true though. The app only has notification checkboxes for messages, friend request and event invites, yet people say they are receiving push notifications for wall posts, picture comments, etc.

So back to my question:
Do we get notified of EVERYTHING that you get notified us when visiting the facebook site itself?

If not, what determines what we get notified of?
I dont know if its EVERYTHING but some of my current notifications are;

- xxxx xxxx also commented on his/her photo.
- xxxx xxxx commented on his/her status (or link).
- xxxx xxxx likes your photo/post.
- xxxx xxxx made your photo his/her profile picture.
- xxxx xxxx sent you a friend request. (This is not placed on application notification area but placed on androids notification area.)

Also I remember I got notified when I got wall post on my profile, but cant confirm it because it gone away from notification area because of too many notifications.

I dont know if its EXACTLY same notifications as site itself but fair enough for daily use. Would you like to get notified about some bull**** survey apps or poker chips on the phone?

I guess when you activate "Notifications" checkbox, you get notified comments or some general things, and as addition you can select messages, event invites and friend request.

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
at least the chat is good and they are improving it than doing nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
I dont know if its EVERYTHING but some of my current notifications are;

- xxxx xxxx also commented on his/her photo.
- xxxx xxxx commented on his/her status (or link).
- xxxx xxxx likes your photo/post.
- xxxx xxxx made your photo his/her profile picture.
- xxxx xxxx sent you a friend request. (This is not placed on application notification area but placed on androids notification area.)

Also I remember I got notified when I got wall post on my profile, but cant confirm it because it gone away from notification area because of too many notifications.

I dont know if its EXACTLY same notifications as site itself but fair enough for daily use. Would you like to get notified about some bull**** survey apps or poker chips on the phone?

I guess when you activate "Notifications" checkbox, you get notified comments or some general things, and as addition you can select messages, event invites and friend request.

yea.. so far I was getting thoes notifications, and when i turned off messages, and I still get notified of the messages.

i am not sure why they dont get their act straight since the iphone app is perfect!

Goodm7sn

Nov 23, 2010
im not getting any push at all,only chat but it shows in the notifications bar only,no vibration,no sound nor LED notification.
refresh interval is 1 hr.
Desire HD stock 2.2

Squeaky369

Feb 20, 2008
Indianapolis
I had everything working then upgraded to Quantum Rom v.2.1.0 on the Epic and now none of the notifications work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it did not resolve the issue.

Anyone else have this issue with this rom on the Epic?

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
Push did not work all day yesterday (Friday) but now it seems to be working randomly now.. or most of the night today.

I hate the inconsistently of it. It's not even that important that it work or not, but, out of respect, if its going to work, be reliable. period.

or just don't put it in at all!

Majesty00

Aug 10, 2010
Hi!

This is my first post on xdavelopoers, but I regularly read it. :)

So, I have a problem with the app. It's not about the notifications tough.

Whenever I update my status, it doesn't appear in the News Feed, but it goest instead on my wall, so unless someone looks at my wall, nobody will see what I posted. Does that happened to one of you?

I'm using a rooted Nexus One (stock, if it's not the right term, I mean I'm not using any mod like Cyanogen. Only Froyo 2.2.1).

Thanks for you replies!

P

pelebkf

That is the same problem I have. The only solution I have found is to start a brand new account which I am not willing to do. I just use the touch site. As of now that is the best.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just checked my market updates, and there's an official Facebook update in the market (version 1.50)!

It allows push notifications aswell as Facebook chat!

Sent from my Desire HD
    This sucks... there are STILL NO notifications for comments, likes, wall posts etc... are you KIDDING ME???? :mad:
    push

so.. let me understand,

is push for notification, or just chat?