azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
batman-is-disgusted-horrified-shocked-12732203359.jpg

haha ;)

literally lol'd at this

D

-deuces-

The htc amaze s-off method required a wire trick (touching the metal part of the sd card with a bare wire). I'm hoping it's not that crazy for the one s, and hopefully its revertable.

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
similar method to the sensation too

EDIT: The Jp/Bear Method requires the wire in the hole, Ive noticed the One S has the holes just like the Amaze and Sensation... Only thing is im a bit wary of sticking a wire in it lol

whats the worst that could happen ?

Last edited:

snowwhite007

Jan 17, 2011
Scotland

EDIT: The Jp/Bear Method requires the wire in the hole, Ive noticed the One S has the holes just like the Amaze and Sensation... Only thing is im a bit wary of sticking a wire in it lol

short ur device. Anyway u need SD for this to work wire tricks will be a last resort starting at source is best and will be easier for everyone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

willumpie82

Apr 27, 2005
www.willumpie.nl
Actualy, it has nothing to do with the sdcard, its about connecting the testpoint to a ground (negative) source, I expect the simcover will do. the phone becaumes a recovery USB device. with the right tools and firmware files we are good to go.

Reevine

May 8, 2012
Uji-shi, Kyoto
short ur device. Anyway u need SD for this to work wire tricks will be a last resort starting at source is best and will be easier for everyone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Actualy, it has nothing to do with the sdcard, its about connecting the testpoint to a ground (negative) source, I expect the simcover will do. the phone becaumes a recovery USB device. with the right tools and firmware files we are good to go.

either way it would be highly preferabel to avoid hard hacks.

encho

Jul 10, 2010

Actually there's another method for Sensation, that's how I s-offed it. Did not involve any wires, just few minutes of fear :eek:

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

-Leviathan-

May 30, 2009
Any news from the Jp/Bear team?
Does anyone know if the s-off for this model is in the works from them?

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
S-OFF was being worked on but I bricked my device.
HTC checks the signatures on the HBoot so if you modify 1 line of text it bricks and stops it from booting etc.
mmcblk0p12 is the HBoot for anybody whos wondering.

Reviewers, can you take a look at Dexter93's sensation unbricking thread and see if the same situation exists on the One S. Not relevant to S-OFF but a good to know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.
    so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)
    Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"