[ROM][AOSP JDQ39E][cfX-Toolchain 4.8.1][SR20] OFFICIAL codefireX nightlies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
You will not be able to find a faster source built rom. Built with a custom gcc 4.8.1 toolchain, strict aliasing, isoc++11 mode, and O3 completely as well as other optimizations. Click for a better thread, discussion, download, and more info.
KpPdB.png

CLICK HERE FOR INTERACTIVE CHANGELOG :)

0ewwe.png

sNCLZ.png

Last edited by a moderator:

dbgeek

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta
Noob Q1: We flash the ROM in "Download Stable Releases". Then as nightly updates occur, we flash them, too (if we so desire)? Is that essentially the game plan?

Noob Q2: Would a physical delete (or move to ext sd card) of any directories and files that we put on internal storage, essentially take care of the "Anything on internal storage will be moved to a "0" folder " or do we only need to worry about files and directories that aren't on "/storage/sdcard0" (with the same action of move or delete)?

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
Re: [ROM][AOSP-4.2.2 JDQ39][Linaro 4.7.3-toolchain][SR14] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlie

Noob Q1: We flash the ROM in "Download Stable Releases". Then as nightly updates occur, we flash them, too (if we so desire)? Is that essentially the game plan?

Noob Q2: Would a physical delete (or move to ext sd card) of any directories and files that we put on internal storage, essentially take care of the "Anything on internal storage will be moved to a "0" folder " or do we only need to worry about files and directories that aren't on "/storage/sdcard0" (with the same action of move or delete)?

Q1: yes, that's correct.

Q2: a physical delete and move prior to first install will take care of it. It's just an "issue" with the upgrade to 4.2 and emulated storage devices. After the first install, this isn't needed and all files will show up on internal as usual. This reminds me that internal and external both mount on PC. MTP also works.

sent from codefireX

Reactions: KUmike and mong8se

dbgeek

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta
Q1: yes, that's correct.

Q2: a physical delete and move prior to first install will take care of it. It's just an "issue" with the upgrade to 4.2 and emulated storage devices. After the first install, this isn't needed and all files will show up on internal as usual. This reminds me that internal and external both mount on PC. MTP also works.

sent from codefireX

Thank you very much for the quick reply and for all of the incredible work.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Noob Q3: How I do assess google play (so I can install TiBu and reinstall my apps)

Noob Q4: Do I need to do something to be able to access ext sd card?

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
Re: [ROM][AOSP-4.2.2 JDQ39][Linaro 4.7.3-toolchain][SR14] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlie

Thank you very much for the quick reply and for all of the incredible work.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Noob Q3: How I do assess google play (so I can install TiBu and reinstall my apps)

Noob Q4: Do I need to do something to be able to access ext sd card?

Nothing needs to be done to access ext SD. To get Google play you need to install gapps.

sent from codefireX

Reactions: mong8se

dbgeek

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta
synergye, On my phone the contacts app doesn't recognize the ext sd card, nor does the file manager. The file manager that I restored using TiBu can see/access the ext sd card (Windows Explorer via MTP connection can also, for that matter).

gwarokk

Feb 11, 2013
Excuse my noob question, but is this kind of rom (aosp) supposed to be the "best" kind? as opposed to an LG skinned stock rom? This is my first android =-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will not be able to find a faster source built rom. Built with a custom gcc 4.8.1 toolchain, strict aliasing, isoc++11 mode, and O3 completely as well as other optimizations. Click for a better thread, discussion, download, and more info.
    KpPdB.png

CLICK HERE FOR INTERACTIVE CHANGELOG :)

0ewwe.png

sNCLZ.png

Just want to say first and foremost that the not working, working section of op has been updated most of the day save for audio in some music apps. Right now priority is audio for music apps that use the HiFi preset. Next up is GPS, then cam. I'm doing GPS the right way which requires some changes in kernel to use nexus 4 props and source. Lg has over twice as many props that would be needed for GPS which is why I say that I'm doing this the right way first.

Kernel is setup for nexus 4 cam props, but lg ****ed us and the JOP40G and JDQ39 props cause a rpm watchdog crash . So I'll be getting lg cam code in kernel setup for the nexus 4 media drivers we're using in kernel to use the Korean jb cam props.

Just wanted to share what's being done.

sent from codefireX

Update: I've decided to scrap the current LG based kernel I made in favor of a 3.8 kernel with codeauroraforum drivers. Trust me when I say this is worth it in the long run. I like doing things right as opposed to just hacking **** to work, and LG's kernel upsets me every time I work on it, then I spend more time than needed cleaning up awful code. I'm expecting it to be ready within the next few days.

And yes it will be the first 3.8 kernel for a commercial device ;).

sent from codefireX
    SR16 updated. This is a giant update and the first of it's kind (again) for a custom jb rom AFAICT. Think of arch linux or another rolling distribution but for android ;). This has many benefits such as staying more bleeding edge, but also means that we will no longer need to start over on the next major android release. This happens with all current custom android distributions, and is a real shame. Basically this means we're further ahead of the other roms even more so, and will be when the next major android release is merged in as well ;)

Big thanks to this awesome team, all contributors, and all translators.
    Re: [ROM][AOSP 4.2.2-JDQ39][cfX-Toolchain 4.7.3][SR14] OFFICIAL codefireX nightlies!

Vibration works in the latest test build.

Sent from my LG-E970

And all audio will be fixed very soon today, then GPS is next :)

sent from codefireX