AT&T i527 Odin Stock Firmware MK2

Search This thread

Surgeman

Apr 5, 2007
Nashville
Works good on the SGH-I527(AT&T) with default options for Odin...On thing to keep in mind though...On the AT&T version it wipes internal memory also...Well for me it did anyway...But works flawless..:good:

Last edited:

kc5mhb

Feb 21, 2011
Worked for me

I had tried to flash the recovery partition with an unsigned recovery image in an attempt to gain access to the phone for a dd image dump. The unsigned flash failed but the file listed by @fixit35 worked like a charm using JOden. I'm back to square one but at least the data is still showing on the phone and the password is still in place. Now off to see if I can find JTAG diagrams.....

senzomon

Mar 19, 2012
root using odin

Can the i527 for at&t be rooted using odin? I just need to replace the stock rom on it. I
I recently replaced the lcd/digi & when I turned it on it got stuck on a boot loop so now I just wana get
Stock.any help is awesome.

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
Can the i527 for at&t be rooted using odin? I just need to replace the stock rom on it. I
I recently replaced the lcd/digi & when I turned it on it got stuck on a boot loop so now I just wana get

Yeah you can flash back to stock using odin. You can't root using odin. Only known root method I have heard of is kingo app. We are stuck with are roms until someone figures out away around the locked bootloader. You will always get a bootloop or bricked phone if you try flashing anything else besides stock.... For now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527

Reactions: senzomon

lmarisy

Nov 13, 2010
Auburndale, FL
www.solvandlor.com
Kit Kat

I upgraded to Kitkat on my AT&T SGH-I527 and it totally messed up my phone, the wifi is messed up , the Antenna is either 1 bar or no service at all, trying to figure out a way to downgrade back to jellybean, will this file that's on the first post work with Kies for me to downgrade? im kinda new to all of this and help would be appreciated..

Louie

latinohot

I upgraded to Kitkat on my AT&T SGH-I527 and it totally messed up my phone, the wifi is messed up , the Antenna is either 1 bar or no service at all, trying to figure out a way to downgrade back to jellybean, will this file that's on the first post work with Kies for me to downgrade? im kinda new to all of this and help would be appreciated..

Louie

I have been wondering that myself, if I upgrade to KK and don't like it, would I be able to downgrade to JB?
I think that if we are able to enter bootmode it should allow us to flash back to JB since it would be a direct flash from Samsung Kies, but that is what I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lmarisy

Nov 13, 2010
Auburndale, FL
www.solvandlor.com
I have been wondering that myself, if I upgrade to KK and don't like it, would I be able to downgrade to JB?
I think that if we are able to enter bootmode it should allow us to flash back to JB since it would be a direct flash from Samsung Kies, but that is what I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's asking me for an emergency firmware recovery code in Kies and from what I see the cell isn't connecting to kies via usb its not being detected hope I did not brick this! lol , ugh

I tried something and now it doesn't even boot up comes up to a screen that says, Firmware update encountered an issue, Please select recovery mode in Kies & Try again, I do that but in kies its asking me for a code maybe because I tried to flash the stock rom using odins and it didn't work and the version 3 of kies im running isn't supported by jellybean? I don't know im so lost, hhe

Luis!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank You SO Much

Just wanted to say thanks @fixit35 for uploading this and posting this. This really got me out of a tight pinch. Thanks so much. And for those that have doubts, this does INDEED work by flashing via Odin while in Download mode on the Mega. Cheers. :laugh:
    We may not need bootloader unlocked to flash. AT&T Note 3 just figured out how to do it and safesrrap may be another alternative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    Is the odin method any better then the kies method?

I know the Kies restore works as it unbricked my Mega a few days ago.

Yeah you can flash back to stock using odin. You can't root using odin. Only known root method I have heard of is kingo app. We are stuck with are roms until someone figures out away around the locked bootloader. You will always get a bootloop or bricked phone if you try flashing anything else besides stock.... For now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527