[4.2.2][MIUIv5 4.2.14] Bionic

Search This thread

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
Just so that everyone is aware before flashing, this is slot 1 only.

Wifi wont turn on for me.
EDIT: Nevermind, after reboot Wifi came up fine and connected really quickly

Last edited:

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
I now remember one thing I loved about MIUI.us was the Toolbox app. I dont like the double signal bars. Someone let me know how I can make it just one bar instead please.
Everything working well as far as I can tell

silvernirvash

Jan 27, 2011
i found an annoying bug with the wifi...ok so i install the rom and start it up it loads up fine. I get to the Wifi options in set up and it turns on. But then my data turns off so when it starts to check for my Sim Card it says it's not there.....so then i say ok i wipe data/cache and restart the setup process because i don't wish to skip any steps and begin the process again using LTE/4g instead thinking that wifi broke my data temporarily during setup. And setup goes smoothly but then i try and turn on wifi....and it won't turn on.....i reboot the phone thinking it just needs to be retarted for wifi to work and NOTHING....i sit there staring at my wifi settings as it sticks to "turning on wlan" but never actually turning on...and every so often the animation of the slider for the wifi toggle jolts around a bit but nothing actually turns ON. so yeah....there's a bug for you.

T

Tquetski

i found an annoying bug with the wifi...ok so i install the rom and start it up it loads up fine. I get to the Wifi options in set up and it turns on. But then my data turns off so when it starts to check for my Sim Card it says it's not there.....so then i say ok i wipe data/cache and restart the setup process because i don't wish to skip any steps and begin the process again using LTE/4g instead thinking that wifi broke my data temporarily during setup. And setup goes smoothly but then i try and turn on wifi....and it won't turn on.....i reboot the phone thinking it just needs to be retarted for wifi to work and NOTHING....i sit there staring at my wifi settings as it sticks to "turning on wlan" but never actually turning on...and every so often the animation of the slider for the wifi toggle jolts around a bit but nothing actually turns ON. so yeah....there's a bug for you.

Does anyone else have this error? I'm wondering what your provider is

silvernirvash

Jan 27, 2011
Bionic is a CDMA Verizon exclusive. No other provider supports the bionic.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I did on initial setup but after reboot I was able to turn on wifi almost immediately. My only problem is phone sometimes reboots after installing an app from play store. Used 4.2.2 pa gapps.

think 4.3 gapps will work?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Ok so i got it working finally google play store is all set up and everything BUT now i keep getting this annoying SIM card error saying that sync can't be activated and can't get SMS gateway.....i don't know what to DO about this!

Last edited:

qqzwc

Jul 19, 2012
Hebei Province

No this problem.WIFI and data link work fine on my unlocked GSM network.

Bug report:

The torch app works fine.
But when I long-press home button in lock screen,the torch app will appear and q
uit soon(no torch light).

If I launch torch app right now,it will turn on itself....

Here is the logcat (long-press home button in lock screen) :
Code:
W/ContextImpl(  959): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified
 user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1084 com.android.internal.policy.im
pl.MiuiPhoneWindowManager.setTorch:751 com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiPhon
eWindowManager.interceptKeyBeforeDispatching:269 com.android.server.wm.InputMoni
tor.interceptKeyBeforeDispatching:352 com.android.server.input.InputManagerServi
ce.interceptKeyBeforeDispatching:1430
E/CameraHal(13967): (41e8c690)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:284 setParameters3A - Flash Setting torch
E/CameraHal(13967): (41e8c690)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:285 setParameters3A - FlashMode 5
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1283 setLedFlash - old LedIntensity.nLedFlashIntens is: 0
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1333 setLedTorch - old LedIntensity.nLedTorchIntens is: 0
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1350 setLedTorch - new LedIntensity.nLedTorchIntens is: 28
W/ContextImpl(  959): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified
 user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1084 com.android.internal.policy.im
pl.MiuiPhoneWindowManager.setTorch:751 com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiPhon
eWindowManager.interceptKeyBeforeQueueing:503 com.android.server.wm.InputMonitor
.interceptKeyBeforeQueueing:337 com.android.server.input.InputManagerService.int
erceptKeyBeforeQueueing:1418
E/CameraHal(13967): (41e9c640)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:688 setFlashMode - OMXCameraAdapter::setFlashMode(5);
E/CameraHal(13967): (41e22788)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:284 setParameters3A - Flash Setting off
E/CameraHal(13967): (41e22788)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:285 setParameters3A - FlashMode 1
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1283 setLedFlash - old LedIntensity.nLedFlashIntens is: 100
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1333 setLedTorch - old LedIntensity.nLedTorchIntens is: 28
E/CameraHal(13967): (41e9c640)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:688 setFlashMode - OMXCameraAdapter::setFlashMode(1);
W/CameraClient(13967): lockIfMessageWanted(1024): dropped unwanted message
W/AudioFlinger(13967): session id 16 not found for pid 13967
W/AudioFlinger(13967): session id 17 not found for pid 13967
After that,I open the torch app,led light will turn on itself(with logcat)
Code:
E/CameraHal(13967): (400541dc)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:284 setParameters3A - Flash Setting torch
E/CameraHal(13967): (400541dc)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:285 setParameters3A - FlashMode 5
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1283 setLedFlash - old LedIntensity.nLedFlashIntens is: 0
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1333 setLedTorch - old LedIntensity.nLedTorchIntens is: 0
E/CameraHal(13967): (400409d8)   device/motorola/omap4-common/camera/OMXCameraAd
apter/OMX3A.cpp:688 setFlashMode - OMXCameraAdapter::setFlashMode(5);
W/ContextImpl( 1212): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified
 user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1084 android.content.ContextWrapper
.sendBroadcast:338 com.android.systemui.TorchActivity.toggleTorch:116 com.androi
d.systemui.TorchActivity.onTouch:136 android.view.View.dispatchTouchEvent:7248
apter/OMX3A.cpp:284 setParameters3A - Flash Setting off
apter/OMX3A.cpp:285 setParameters3A - FlashMode 1
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1283 setLedFlash - old LedIntensity.nLedFlashIntens is: 100
apter/OMXAlgo.cpp:1333 setLedTorch - old LedIntensity.nLedTorchIntens is: 28
apter/OMX3A.cpp:688 setFlashMode - OMXCameraAdapter::setFlashMode(1);
W/CameraClient(13967): lockIfMessageWanted(1024): dropped unwanted message

Full logcat file(adb logcat *:W):

Um,there are still some problems in UI (It doesn't matter,I think you needn't fix it)

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    201.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Believe Torch FC is the result of using torch mods in build.prop maybe.

Also in regard to themes, just applying a 3rd party theme will usually fix gfx issues; the 'Latest revision' themes are more like templates and a lot of the time just are not right because the 'Default' theme changes with each revision, there is not really much bug testing.

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
Believe Torch FC is the result of using torch mods in build.prop maybe.

Also in regard to themes, just applying a 3rd party theme will usually fix gfx issues; the 'Latest revision' themes are more like templates and a lot of the time just are not right because the 'Default' theme changes with each revision, there is not really much bug testing.

I am having random reboots. Lost data on one and had to set everything again. This may be the fault of Xposed framework though. Anyone else had random hot reboots?

T

Tquetski

Try WSM tools instead of xposed framework!

Then try to uninstall your xposed-based apps.

If this problem still exist, logcat will be helpful to the developer.

adb logcat *:E >logcat.txt (on your PC with usb debug)

Sent from my XT875 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Even WSM isnt great about newest MIUI Revisions, It really only addresses versions with a bit of 'age' although sometimes will work for newer revisions.

I happen to really like the people on this device forum so this will probably become a weekly update thing where most of my other devices are "as I have time" lol

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
Even WSM isnt great about newest MIUI Revisions, It really only addresses versions with a bit of 'age' although sometimes will work for newer revisions.

I happen to really like the people on this device forum so this will probably become a weekly update thing where most of my other devices are "as I have time" lol

Which gapps should be used with this as I think a lot of my problems may stem from that?

Any chance to play with building ChaOS? Not trying to push you, just curious. Thanks for the work you do for us. Im sure everyone greatly appreciates it.

Last edited:

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
Which gapps should be used with this as I think a lot of my problems may stem from that?

Any chance to play with building ChaOS? Not trying to push you, just curious. Thanks for the work you do for us. Im sure everyone greatly appreciates it.

Anyone? Pretty much any google app is force closing on me now.

EDIT: Also, will mount to the computer but shows nothing on either sd. Developer is enabled and USB debugging. When disconnected from computer MIUI sees no sd card so I cant view files or listen to music. Any ideas here would be helpful as well.

Last edited:

qqzwc

Jul 19, 2012
Hebei Province
Anyone? Pretty much any google app is force closing on me now.

EDIT: Also, will mount to the computer but shows nothing on either sd. Developer is enabled and USB debugging. When disconnected from computer MIUI sees no sd card so I cant view files or listen to music. Any ideas here would be helpful as well.
I can build ChaOS for you if you can provide me a powerful VPS (disk space>30GB ,RAM>2GB,bandwidth>6M)[I have no more free disk space in my laptop,and it's too slow to do "repo sync"..........]

You can not view file because the default connection is MTP。(The newest WMP is needed by WinXP,the newest Motorola driver is needed by Win7/8).Or wifi file share is recommended https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smarterdroid.wififiletransfer&hl=en or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore&hl=en

You can look for an app called “mtp changer”(or this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.zatta.USB_switch&hl=en),it will allow you to swith between mtp and usb mass storage。

Sent from my XT875 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

100% chance I'll do ChaOS. You know I actually released an automated porting utility that I use for my MIUI ports, but it will also work for non MIUI roms as well so that's an option if you can't wait

You should use the Gapps installer found in the MIUI marketplace :p The G-apps for this ROM shouldn't be flashed there is an app for it in the market

Top Liked Posts