Root happened!. Now thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zephyrix

Apr 18, 2010
Heyy Guys

Right as you will all know, my hand has been forced by another x10 hacker to post my incomplete rooting guide for the x10. This method has worked previously but with a very low success rate!! If Bin4ry posts his method today (which I doubt) and his is safer I advise you use it! Still first method here

DISCLAIMER!!

We (GSMTribune, Neil, LordPhoenixSalvation, Mraellis, Alan) accept NO responsibility for your use of these files. We recommend you DO NOT follow this guide or attempt to use ANY of these files. They WILL brick your device. If you try to point the finger at us we WILL point at you and laugh our arses off. you have been warned, if you have ANY sense you WILL NOT use this guide or flash any of these files. The success rate is currently 4 in 15.

1. Restore Sony Ericcson x10 to the earliest firmware.

2. Install the modified SE Updater Tool

3. Flash X10 Radio Image with the SE Updater Tool

4. Flash X10 Recovery Image with the SE Updater Tool

5. Boot into X10 Recovery (Power + Answer Key)

6. Flash Modified X10 CyanogenMOD for X10

7. Enjoy Root!

All files for the root are avaliable here: *awaiting FTP connection*

SEX10 Root Bin4ry LordPhoenixSalvation Mraellis

http://gsmtribune.com/

sim-value

Sep 27, 2009
No.

For me it looks like his method will just Brick the X10s (like we can do since long) and that was it ...

DON't ever think of following this instructions directly !!!
Haven't you read?? This post is mostly done by request of some of the people from this thread.
GSMTribune itself is stating that this should not be done by anyone, for now. It's mostly a proof-of-concept.
We should wait what do the other 'team' (Bin4ry etc) have to do about this.

I'm afraid more than one poor dumb will fall for the rush and proceed to this, without carefully reading, that is almost a safe brick method...

kajkac

Jan 14, 2008
i know that a loot of people is waiting for this root so its better to wait a little bit more to get a tested stuff instead a bricked phone...

eviltuna

Sep 23, 2005
DON't ever think of following this instructions directly !!!
Haven't you read?? This post is mostly done by request of some of the people from this thread.
GSMTribune itself is stating that this should not be done by anyone, for now. It's mostly a proof-of-concept.
We should wait what do the other 'team' (Bin4ry etc) have to do about this.

I'm afraid more than one poor dumb will fall for the rush and proceed to this, without carefully reading, that is almost a safe brick method...

I wouldn't call it "proof-of-concept" as he didn't post any "proof" yet. As someone pointed out, if you look at his guide it says:

We don't have an answer key though. And how hard is it for him to post a pic of the X10 rooted when Binary posted a vid in like 5 secs after people requested it.

Britt78

Dec 16, 2008
Uppsala
I wouldn't call it "proof-of-concept" as he didn't post any "proof" yet. As someone pointed out, if you look at his guide it says:

We don't have an answer key though. And how hard is it for him to post a pic of the X10 rooted when Binary posted a vid in like 5 secs after people requested it.

Yeah, I call bull. But on the other hand he also writes:
my hand has been forced by another x10 hacker to post my incomplete rooting guide for the x10.
Could also be that he haven't come far at all in the rooting process and that's why he haven't posted any proof yet.

andy8271

May 23, 2010
why have they wrote a guide and uploaded files that WILL brick peoples phones ?

all we wanted was a simple image showing root. yet there isnt one because he hasnt succeeded .

this whole thread has been turned to **** by this 'fake' root when it has no relation to binary and friends root and shouldnt even of been mentioned in this thread

shows how impatient some people are

Draken Korin

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
Mod. edit:
CLOSED on OP request.
Everything of importance has been said for now and we don't want it to go OT as another thread here did.
Keep your questions and post them when root has been released (and no, I have no idea when that will be).
Best, DK

Status
Not open for further replies.