• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jbb2388

Jan 27, 2012
Connecticut
Cleared cache and dalvik, flashed 2.3.30, updated automatically and up and running. lovin it.

First off, glad the kick ass mopho carrier name thing is gone. My kids play with my phone a lot. Don't need them seein that so thanks. Haven't had the chance to go through change log and check some stuff but a couple things...

-Lost screen capture with .30 it seems?? Power + vol down?
-Apex launcher FC's after reboot. message comes up saying it closed and click OK to acknowledge and it starts right back up no problems.
-have actual icons once again for GoSMS status bar notifications :)
-stopwatch is nice
-soft key illumination still borked (<---love that term)

I know the camera is still a bit buggy but is there ever gonna be a macro mode again?

Thanks guys. Nice work.

LeaninBack916

Feb 7, 2012
Finally reached 10 posts to be able to add my two cents here. Between MIUI and Joker's ICS Rom... I have been extremely impressed. At first, the community with the Photon was stagnant... it then got new life and there are several ROMs to choose from. Thanks again!

As a side note, I keep seeing bits and pieces of info on it but is there an actual way to get rid of the voicemail icon (with no voicemails). Other than that.. once I found out how to do a screenshot in MIUI I haven't looked back. I used MIUI when I had the Nexus S 4G and it was awesome... continues to be awesome.

Reactions: spleef

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Finally reached 10 posts to be able to add my two cents here. Between MIUI and Joker's ICS Rom... I have been extremely impressed. At first, the community with the Photon was stagnant... it then got new life and there are several ROMs to choose from. Thanks again!

As a side note, I keep seeing bits and pieces of info on it but is there an actual way to get rid of the voicemail icon (with no voicemails). Other than that.. once I found out how to do a screenshot in MIUI I haven't looked back. I used MIUI when I had the Nexus S 4G and it was awesome... continues to be awesome.

in miui you can hide certain apps from notifying try hiding it in the status bar settings under customize status bar

Screenshots working still for me Vol down + menu I'm on Turl .30

as far as camera goes until we get some ics Photon pieces it is what it is....lol

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536161

sdw79

Feb 24, 2012
Quincy
ill look into it I thought I added mms fix to it but guess I didn't

I'm on turl as well just sent pic of myself to myself sent received and auto downloaded....... Not sure why its not working for you

MIUI/ICS for the Photon

Maybe because I am on USCC? I also had screen freeze when playing a video.. Then kept getting voice search errors when I didn't use voice search

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Does it if you create a new one too... Its bizarre, you add those two sets of numbers, save an BAM!... That APN is then gone.

I think its because the apn setting you're changing only changes one spot. There is a second apn conf file in the framework-res that most likely needs to be edited as well. If you can pm Mr the basic settings you need, I'll set up a flash that may fix it. Might take a couple hours tho...got the kiddies

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Reactions: Cythrawl

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
Cleared cache and dalvik, flashed 2.3.30, updated automatically and up and running. lovin it.

First off, glad the kick ass mopho carrier name thing is gone. My kids play with my phone a lot. Don't need them seein that so thanks. Haven't had the chance to go through change log and check some stuff but a couple things...

-Apex launcher FC's after reboot. message comes up saying it closed and click OK to acknowledge and it starts right back up no problems.
-stopwatch is nice

I know the camera is still a bit buggy but is there ever gonna be a macro mode again?

Thanks guys. Nice work.

The

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Maybe because I am on USCC? I also had screen freeze when playing a video.. Then kept getting voice search errors when I didn't use voice search

Need to delete voice search apk and download from market. For some reason it doesn't set up right when installed with rom.
Video borks may be due to this being on 0.4.1(no 2d libs). I didn't use 0.4.2 due to complaints about it in cm9 thread. 0.4.3 has no camera working. I'm waiting for jokers release tonight and gonna try porting from it
:)

Reactions: bricky23 and sdw79

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am

-stopwatch is nice

Thanks guys. Nice work.

Volume down and menu for screenshot :)

Reactions: jbb2388

XCellPhoneSalesRep

Oct 31, 2010
The Joisey Shore, Nu Joisey
goo.gl
x has a possible terminal command might help with market see if he would post for you guys

MIUI/ICS for the Photon

Sorry, had to find it. Imma start having to take hand written notes inna Five-Star Five Subject College Ruled Spiral Notebook!

Ok, for the fix, i am actually yet to try it BUT this is what the kids on MIUIv4 are doin when the Market isnt workin right :

For Market you need to run terminal and type mkdir /cache/download

Terminal-Download

This should fix the problems

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

The

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

The.... Goat?

bytethegroove

Dec 23, 2008
Berwyn, IL
So far so good, but still can not send mms from stock but no big deal.

for mms to work with USCC
you need to enter username and password.
username is min@uscc.net
password is min

replace min with your actual min lol
min is usually your phone number..
delete all other apns
and you should be good to go

if you did all this and its still not working...
gonna need one of the brains to help ya

peace
byte

Reactions: spleef and sdw79

sdw79

Feb 24, 2012
Quincy
username is min@uscc.net
password is min

delete all other apns

peace
byte

Thank you, and I totally forgot about that.

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
username is min@uscc.net
password is min

delete all other apns

peace
byte

I will be adding thus to op for you uscc folks thanks byte for the reminder

Also just want to take a second to thank everyone involved in all of this we are approaching 40k views.... Already... Simply amazing guys....... Thank you...
And bill bud your doing some fantastic work here man you may call it your hobby but buddy 40k views in this short amount if time..... That says alot..... Been great working with you.... =)

MIUI/ICS for the Photon

Last edited:
Reactions: Th3Bill

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
I think its because the apn setting you're changing only changes one spot. There is a second apn conf file in the framework-res that most likely needs to be edited as well. If you can pm Mr the basic settings you need, I'll set up a flash that may fix it. Might take a couple hours tho...got the kiddies

here are the two new USCC APN's I am trying to add :

Code:
NAME     : USCC_1
APN      : Proxya.uscc.net
Proxy    : 
Port     :
username : <YourMIN>@uscc.net
Password : <YourMIN>
Server   :
MMSC     : http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port :
MMC      : 311
MNC      : 220
Auth Type: None
APN Type : *
Protocol : IPV4

Code:
NAME     : USCC_2
APN      : Proxyb.uscc.net
Proxy    : 
Port     :
Server   :
MMSC     : http://mmsc2.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port :

That being said the old USCC APN built in works just fine after editing the user name and password. These are new APN's and I would not be suprised if going forward that these would need to be used. (or could be used to fault find any MMS issues)....

Not a biggie like I said...

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
here are the two new USCC APN's I am trying to add :

Code:
NAME     : USCC_1
APN      : Proxya.uscc.net
Proxy    : 
Port     :
Server   :
MMSC     : http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port :

Code:
NAME     : USCC_2
APN      : Proxyb.uscc.net
Proxy    : 
Port     :
Server   :
MMSC     : http://mmsc2.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port :

That being said the old USCC APN built in works just fine after editing the user name and password. These are new APN's and I would not be suprised if going forward that these would need to be used. (or could be used to fault find any MMS issues)....

Not a biggie like I said...

have you tried changing it from ip4 to ip4/ip6 ?

MIUI/ICS for the Photon

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
have you tried changing it from ip4 to ip4/ip6 ?

MIUI/ICS for the Photon

Yup.. If I change the MMC to 310 and MNC to 120 I dont lose the APN when it is saved, but it also wont work as well and I am thinking that is why....

If you add MMC 311 and MNC 220 to the exisiting USCC APN you get the same result - It disappears.

Handy thing is that in the APN settings you can reset back to the original APNS by pressing the menu button where the APN list is(Which is an AWESOME feature)!!

Also to get to APN's you dont even have to use the voice dialer anymore.

Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names works just as well, and you dont have to talk to your phone and look like a fool... LOL

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Yup.. If I change the MMC to 310 and MNC to 120 I dont lose the APN, but it also wont work as well and I am thinking that is why....

Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names works just as well, and you dont have to talk to your phone and look like a fool... LOL
was just curious i know nothing of uscc apns.... but saw that ip4 and i know mine are set to ip4/ip6 so figured it was worth a shot....lolthis doesnt pertain to miui but anyone wo has been following the turl..... just figured out what was wrong...lmfao...bad download checked my md5 with his and they were waaaay different even the file size was off by a few MB stupid me for not looking first huh...but either way downloading new one now going to check first.... and hopefully in a few hours will; have a v10

Reactions: sdw79

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Yup.. If I change the MMC to 310 and MNC to 120 I dont lose the APN when it is saved, but it also wont work as well and I am thinking that is why....

If you add MMC 311 and MNC 220 to the exisiting USCC APN you get the same result - It disappears.

Handy thing is that in the APN settings you can reset back to the original APNS by pressing the menu button where the APN list is(Which is an AWESOME feature)!!

I'm going to see what I can do for ya. May be 8 or 9. Family comes first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a port of several different compatible miui builds from the miui.us {thanks guys for everything}
    http://forums.miui.us/content.php
    used jokers cm9 as a base {and of course the MAN {joker} who without him none of this would be possible}
    found here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1413349
    making good use of the guides on the xda especially prox guide {thanks prox}
    found here:http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1499411
    Stevendeb25, Magiman7, Jokersax11, Th3Bill, Bytethegroove, and myself:

- { Team-Moto-Tegra } -

would like to present to you:

MIUI/ICS V4. for the Motorola Photon

Unlocked photons only!!!!!! Must be on 198_7 or 198_6 and have your bootloader unlocked thanks

Instructions:

* aroma installer process: { works for fresh install or updating } [ thanks th3bill for cranking it out for us ] {DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING}
    reboot to recovery, flash the aroma installer zip (its not named aroma installer), choose you options, follow the promts...... and thats all to it....... have fun

*romracer & joker recovery process:

* fresh install process:
    reboot to recovery use jokers recovery cwmv3
    use th3bill's wipe all zip ...... or
    format system, data, cache
    flash rom, flash rom a second time, flash photon gapps, flahs kernel provided in the op, fix permissions, and then reboot phone

* to flash over/update:
    use th3bill wipe cache zip ..... or
    wipe cache and dalvick cache
    flash rom, then flash rom a second time, flash photon gapps, flash kernel provided in op, fix permissions, and then reboot phone

* if you run into some fc's reboot into recovery wipe dalvick cache and fix permissions the reboot phone

*unless posted as not working you can assume it works until you test for yourself. if you find something unreported as not working please post so i can add it to the op and if you find a fix for it please do the same and i will include it to op and in builds as well as credit you for the find
    THANKS!

known issues:
    themes not 100%
    if choosing xperia launcher you need to choose another launcher to go with it.. it doesn't play nice being alone with miui home

MIUI DOWNLOAD LINK

* looking for people t o create a custom logo for our team please pm bil or myself with ideas or even submit your work.....thanks

*Please report any and everything and as always please make a backup before flashing

* also a big thanks to qbking77 for putting together review and how to videos for us his channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/qbking77/featured

how to video:
    http://youtu.be/JGYJJqNbz80

review video:
    http://youtu.be/dGr9bYUsa2E
    great news people just got off chat with some miui.us we are getting official support they are setting up a thread/ftp for sunfire on the device page... th3bill and myself will be the mods for it... going to be redirecting the downloads to them as per their request.... congrats. everyone we are officially supported!!!! op changes to be made will come soon after everything is up and running on miui.us
    GET READY TO BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!

MMS FIX

FLASH THIS BABY AND ENJOY! NO MORE NEED FOR GOSMS!

BIG THANKS TO XCELLPHONESALESREP FOR THE INFO, AND THE MYSTERY DEV HE GOT IT FROM.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you everyone! 300 Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

EVERYONE...PLEASE FIND A FEW POSTS BY MY BOY XCELLPHONESALESREP AND THANK HIM. HE'S THE ONE WHO GOT US THIS FIX. i JUST PUT IT TOGETHER :)
    WILL BE A PART OF EACH BUILD GOING FORWARD :)
    50k people thanks for being so supportive more great builds to come keep flashing we will keep building... Thanks everyone

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
    GET READY TO BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!

MMS FIX

FLASH THIS BABY AND ENJOY! NO MORE NEED FOR GOSMS!

BIG THANKS TO XCELLPHONESALESREP FOR THE INFO, AND THE MYSTERY DEV HE GOT IT FROM.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you everyone! 300 Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

EVERYONE...PLEASE FIND A FEW POSTS BY MY BOY XCELLPHONESALESREP AND THANK HIM. HE'S THE ONE WHO GOT US THIS FIX. i JUST PUT IT TOGETHER :)
    WILL BE A PART OF EACH BUILD GOING FORWARD :)

Yeeeeeeeaaaa! and a big thanks to swiperrat (HTC Evo Miui Dev) for the assistance!!!

And a big thanks to Th3Bill for puttin it all together!