Best music player for android 2.1+

Search This thread

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009
I used to also use 3, aka cubed.

I recently switched the doubletwist, despite not having a widget, it simply is the best out there. Not more so because of the functionality though, really just because of the design. Apparently Android developers need design lessons, or to recruit designers for their applications.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Okay so I looked at bTunes and it looks to be what I'm looking for. :) I can build a current playlist, create playlists to load later, browse by Artist, Album, search for songs.. Seems to be pretty battery friendly too, System Panel said ~7% cpu average (although I wonder about using average CPU percentage as a measurement.. is that at 250mhz or 1Ghz ;)

codesplice

Jun 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
I've tried ^3 and DoubleTwist recently... I really wanted to like one of them, but couldn't.

^3 is pretty. That's the only thing it has going for it. Actually USING it is a pain in the arse, but hey, a spinning cube!

DoubleTwist.... I'm not really sure what it has going for it. It looks like iTunes, which makes me want to puke. The interface IS straight-forward and easy to use, but the lack of features makes me prefer the stock music app.

So I'm back to the stock music app. It has a widget or two, a decent method of browsing music (definitely a hell of a lot faster than ^3), and allows me to add music to the "now playing" playlist. It also has nifty weblinks. If you throw in that handy-dandy Music Mod that's packaged with CM ROMs, it's pretty swell.

Haven't tried out bTunes yet... after mentioning a few of my musts (easy, simple browsing, playlist support, maybe some web integration), should I?

Jep4444

May 25, 2010
Toronto
I've been using MortPlayer because apparently android is retarded at reading id3 tags. I have albums tagged perfectly that play out of order for no reason in every other player yet work fine on my Zune. I keep everything in folders so MortPlayer actually gets it right.