[Q] ADB Push not working

Search This thread

jyferrari

Dec 10, 2013
West Hartford
My "adb push" command is not working. When I type it in, the command prompt seems to run "adb help". No error message, just the list of possible commands. See the attached screenshot.
Does anybody know what's happening?

Computer: Windows 7
Device: Verizon Galaxy Nexus (toro)
Version: 4.2.2​
Kernel Version: 3.0.85-franco.Kernel-nightly​
Build: JDQ39​

Last edited:

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
The "adb push" command is used to push files to your device.

Typing "adb push" won't do anything besides displaying all the adb functions.

To push something, your command must be something like "adb push whateverthefileis system/bin" the "system/bin" is the destination where it is to be pushed, for example if you want to push an app you do, "adb push android.apk system/app"

Make sure your drivers for phone is installed properly.

IF I HELPED HIT THANKS

Sent from my Nexus F...Fi...Fii...Ahem...*clears throat*... Five.

Last edited:

jyferrari

Dec 10, 2013
West Hartford
The "adb push" command is used to push files to your device.

Typing "adb push" won't do anything besides displaying all the adb functions.

To push something, your command must be something like "adb push whateverthefileis system/bin" the "system/bin" is the destination where it is to be pushed, for example if you want to push an app you do, "adb push android.apk system/app"

Make sure your drivers for phone is installed properly.

Sent from my Nexus F...Fi...Fii...Ahem...*clears throat*... Five.

I had typed in the correct syntax for the command, but will try updating drivers. Thanks!

Jfulton67

Mar 3, 2012
ADB push just scrolls commands

I am trying to use ADB with telnet to root my Droid Maxx. I have been desperately trying to use Jcase's method. All my commands work, except the push command. I can telnet, my drivers are all up to date, my phone is on debug, install unknown sources etc...Everything seems to be in order, but the su and RockMyMoto.jar will not push, just a scrolling of commands. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you