[Q] HTC one X yellow spot (tint) display issue, any one find?

Search This thread

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
It kind of looks as if they got weaker over the last two days of usage. Could be my wishful thinking, though. With white background, the spots (still) are noticeable and distracting. It's like with dead pixels: once you've discovered them, you can't ignore them anymore...

That's too bad. I see some guy recently bought One X find this problem and immediately went to shop for replacement a new one.

BTW, do you test it by run some HD game for a while which can cause the phone very warm, and maybe yellow spots will be obvious? Quite many Sony LT 26i phones has yellow spot discovered after it go for 40 C temperate. And when it happen later it never gone. Sony admit it is the problem.

blaaez

Jun 2, 2010
don't have any yellow spots here, but my entire screen looks yellowish. at least in comparison to my (blueish-white?) Note. I suppose this is a characteristic of SLCD vs AMOLED? are all your screens like this too? anybody got a bluish-white SLCD2??

smiskas

Jan 6, 2009
Not only on the Note but on Samsung displays in general. i.e. their sets of old LCD tv´s, cranked up saturated colors and unnatural cold blueish whites...

gapper100

May 11, 2009
Middelburg
It kind of looks as if they got weaker over the last two days of usage. Could be my wishful thinking, though. With white background, the spots (still) are noticeable and distracting. It's like with dead pixels: once you've discovered them, you can't ignore them anymore...

I just got my One X, and I've got a very obvious yellow spot as well, in the top left-hand corner. Have yours become less visible already? I'll probably hold off on returning it for a week, because it might get less, but for now, it sort of bugs me :eek:

EDIT: Checked again (bad move), and I actually have 4 spots: The most obvious one is in the top-left corner, two are in the middle, one left and one right, and there's a stretched one in the bottom left... Might be going back for an exchange when they're more widely available.

Last edited:

Tonyipad2

Dec 30, 2011
Haven't found any on mine yet, Just got it today tho. hopefully will never see any !! :p but i did noticed the battery is a bit of warm especially around the the camera area, even when i were just doing some regular ease surfing on the net.

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
I really hope they go away after some usage. Didn't the iPhone 4 have the same problems and the yellow tint actually faded away relatively quickly?

Roybenz

Dec 16, 2009
I got 3 devices today, and 1 of them had orange yellow spots, and the 2 other had 1 black pixel, so i had to settle with 1 dead black pixel (on white screen)

Any tip for removing? is it possible to remove?

r_a_c

May 16, 2011
When you're in the settings, the white isn't really white huh?
Also there it seems like the bottom of the screen is a little more yellowish, but only like 1/10 of it, bottom 1/10 to be exact?

Also when in settings turn the screen slowly to the side(like if you want to see viewing angle) the glass on the screen or the screen seems to have this "rainbow" effect on it... you guys too?
Than when I watch the screen straight on, it seems like i could see it also a little?

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
I have a very dim blue patch on lower left hand of my screen......it can be seen only on full brightness and black wallpaper.............anyone with this type of issue?

Zaras

Jan 14, 2009
I got 3 devices today, and 1 of them had orange yellow spots, and the 2 other had 1 black pixel, so i had to settle with 1 dead black pixel (on white screen)

Any tip for removing? is it possible to remove?

With 1 dead pixel warranty does not cover you?

Last edited:

kingp

Feb 23, 2009
Got my One X today and it has a yellow spot in the top right of the screen. Really annoyed.

Spoke to HTC on the Online Chat page and they said they are not aware of this issue and to speak to my retailer for a replacement. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not in the one I have
    3e8f9886-b78d-5027.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Not a screenshot dummy.
    It's the SLCD2 Panel itself...
    So take a pic of the actual phone and white background.
    Just saw some photo taken in HTC shop of demo phone that indicate One X has some yellow spot (tint) display issue.

I would like those who have gotten the phone already to have a check and give us input does it happen to you or not.

The recent yellow spot issue is serious problem for latest Sony Xperia S phone.

Hope it can help to understand is it common or just rare.

Thanks!
    I don't have any of these spots. The screen is just absolutely amazing! :)
    When the yellow spots are on the side, it's most of the time glue.
    But if it's in the middle of the screen, most of the times it's the foil.
    I would get a replacer if i were you!
    Not in the one I have
    3e8f9886-b78d-5027.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk