[app]Make Your Own Android Browser!!

Search This thread

JORDANZ1998

May 30, 2013
New England
stuck on "Preparing to make your browser now, please wait..." anyone no why i have good hardwire ethernet connection and it wont work. its been 0% for a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Have you guys thought about making your own Android web browser? Now you can do it in just a few clicks!!

You can customize your own browser icon, browser name, default homepage, default skin/theme, and your own splash screen!!! Much more customizations will be coming in the near future.

Don't wait, make your own Android browser now at:
    http://custom.maxthon.com/android/makeyourbrowser/

:D:D

4/29
    UPDATE: we're working on providing more customization options for the browser. Guys, how would you like to customize your browser? Let us know.
    .:D

Check out my self-made Panda Browser

About Page
    10dz9m9.jpg

Phone Desktop
    vfyyzd.jpg

Browser Splash Screen
    2cdijx5.jpg
    This is good, but it also means the Market is going to get flooded with themed Maxthon browsers.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
    No idea. I used a 72x72 PNG. Maybe it's malformed somehow. Open it with something like XnView and save it, see if that works?

Also, I found a bug in the Maxthon browser. Apparently it's unable to save images. Causes an FC every time. However I can "View" the image in QuickPic, and "Move" the image out of the cache and into my download directory.
    BYB yes, an HTML READERS BROWSER (w/PGDN button built in) is ambitious. It's a commercial concept and I personally would shell out $10 for it, I find reading articles on (any) tablet browser that irritating. For a reader this is the equivalent of a speed bump -- constantly swiping, swiping. If you don't think we avid readers won't shell out just to be parolled from crudely trying to scroll our page down by one pixel-perfect screen with clumsy finger swiping -- a regrettable holdover from pre-tablet days, before screens found their sweet spot with the 10" tablet architecture -- then you don't know avid readers! The first developer who figures this out is in the bukoo, it's the achilles heel of mobile computing.

Navigation is everything and this one menu-bar button(s) -- not the sexiest, just the most fundamental -- will be core to any tablet owner who reads articles & blogs. Remember when eInk was first introduced? It wasn't sexy, it was something much more valuable to Kindle owners: comfortable. :p
    Have you considered that something other than a web browser may be what you're looking for? I mean, obviously you want to browse web sites, right? But you're not interacting with Web 2.0, e.g. Facebook, you're reading things. So, maybe you want a reader app?

What about something like Pocket? Formerly known as Read it Later, you share web pages with it, and then read them later in its program, which used to cost a buck or two, but is now free. There's also Readability, also free. Do either of these support paging? I don't know. Pocket sounds like something I'd use twice a year. I got it for free when it was a paid app, and never installed it. But it -- both of these -- sound like what you're looking for. I skimmed the features, and I'm not sure they have paging, but maybe they're worth your time to check out.

P.S.: If one of those does what you want, you can donate that $10 you were offering either to the dev of the app, or XDA. ;)