Votes: 139 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MrKaon

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

Oh that's a nice deal just a few days after the announcement :)
Waiting for it to drop to 550 euros and I will sell my one x and hd2
Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

who is buying your HD2?:D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Adolfopacheco

Oct 24, 2007
San Jose
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

I have been looking at a few posts on which the Red color has been claimed as an error. But today I got a confirmation from a distributor saying that there will be a Red One in HK so that it will be available for sale. Has anyone heard about that?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
By the way, you see how multitasking works in this section of the video posted before:

http://youtu.be/rYo7ztJgWv0?t=7m58s

In my opinion a huge improvement over Sense 4+ AND Vanilla Android. You can get an overview way faster and switch to the app you want instead of scrolling an idiotic list. Seriously, I think the move from HTC and Google was a bit stupid as while it added some functionality (Swipe to kill), it made it just way more cumbersome to switch between apps.
And nobody can tell me that the missing MT button is a problem...especially for geeks like us. ;)

jmitr

May 18, 2008
Castlegar

Guys do you think we could use One as a car remote locking ?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Well, maybe

Hyundai had an Elantra technology demonstrator in which a Nexus 4 used NFC to replace the keys, mirror apps to a console screen, and had a built in wireless charging base. Hyundai expects to bring these features to market in 2015 according to the article.

Basically, that can be done with NFC but is a bit more than a simple app.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/hyundai-previews-key-fob-eliminating-smartphone-connectivity-concept/

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Tuborg68

Jan 3, 2011
Sv: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

God thing they didn't ugly this phone up with some fiddely battery lid and muck collecting sd card slot.
With sd card you also ad an element of moving parts and contacts that can act up. God decision from htc!

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
Will the One be priced too high? BGR seems to think so.
http://bgr.com/2013/02/21/htc-one-p...+TheBoyGeniusReport+(BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report)

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

Wow, they seem to have no idea. The One is already available for about the price the One X cost when it was released. The One X, like pretty much every flagship phone was available for 600€. As is the One now.

I mean I get what they are trying to say, but HTCs decline has absolutely nothing to do with "overpriced" phones. It's not like the One will be the only phone they release this year.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

By the way, am I the only one who thinks the official HTC One commercial is kinda strange?

The only things they mention:

- Full metal body (which is kinda not true)
- BlinkFeed
- Dual speakers
- Gallery/Zoe

I find that a bit strange. Especially the concentration on BlinkFeed...the things they show don't even look like Android. :s

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10

My contribution :

I am a photographer, I use reflex camera since years and I wanted to tell those who doubt that 4 or 8 or 13 megapixels mean nothing in term of sharpness, at least on normal size pictures.

I develop lot of pictures and if I take the same picture in 2,3, or 12 megapixels size on 10x15cms picture you WON'T see any difference.

The most important is the lens and the compression of the file. :)

3 mega is ok for 30x45 cms poster...

I know you don't trust me ?

Make the test yourself then you won't believe marketing liars !

Envoyé depuis mon HTC One X avec Tapatalk

Reactions: djbenny1

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10

I hate HTC too.

Thieves will attack me thinking it's a jewel (HTC one silver) :mad:

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
My contribution :

I am a photographer, I use reflex camera since years and I wanted to tell those who doubt that 4 or 8 or 13 megapixels mean nothing in term of sharpness, at least on normal size pictures.

I develop lot of pictures and if I take the same picture in 2,3, or 12 megapixels size on 10x15cms picture you WON'T see any difference.

The most important is the lens and the compression of the file. :)

3 mega is ok for 30x45 cms poster...

I know you don't trust me ?

Make the test yourself then you won't believe marketing liars !

I talked about this in another thread.

You also missed the lens quality, the size of the CCD/CMOS and the quality of the chip that computes all the info taken in. That last one is why a lot of photographers go for the RAW format. The less compression algorithms are used the better.

So in all HTC is heading down the right path with the bigger CCD and more open AP. Lets just hope that back-end processor doesn't kill it.

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10

I agree red Dragon, I insist on lens quality first, no compression (raw or jpg 95 %) and I can print a perfect a4 picture (21x29'7 cm) with a 1 mega picture ! At least with my reflex :thumbup:

So 4 megapixels on the one x should be ok ......

Just afraid that lot of people (born with marketing megapixels trend) won't buy this jewel cause not having 13 megapixels camera ...:confused:

Adolfopacheco

Oct 24, 2007
San Jose

So I have just changed my pre order, I will get the HTC ONE Red!!! It says that it will be shipped mid March, I hope early mid March!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts