[Recovery] Customized CWM 3.0.1.3 fake-flash with ext4 support (03/06/2011)

Search This thread

ko0l

Dec 3, 2008
Hi,

Dunno why, but whenever I try to apply the update.zip for 3.0.1.3 from cwm 2.5.0.7 it just reboots to 2.5.0.7 after the flash. 3.0.1.3 doesn't actually get booted. It wored before, but dunno why it just doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone what could have happened and anyways to fix it?

BlaY0

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2007
Medvode
Your update.zip was overwritten with older one I guess. Just copy 3.0.1.3 again to your SD card.

Sent from my HTC Legend

Snowtoad23

Jul 17, 2010
So when I have this on SD root as update.zip and do fake flash method by booting into recovery etc it works fine, great.

Can I copy and rename it to recovery-update.zip and put it in clockworkmod folder in SD card to replace the one there? Will it work? Rom Manager says the 2.5.0.7 or whatever version is the latest, and that's the one it puts there, but is it ok if I replace that manually with this one?
Cheers

caretaker01

Mar 21, 2010
Sibiu
i`m not exaclly sure how but i placed this version on sd card everything worked perfect until a friend entered in rom manager and booted into recovery mode rebooting my phone into older version the one rom manager instaled, and the morron wiped my dalvik-cache and bricking the phone, in case someone decides to do that do know that nothing but factory reset will work,

umfrider1

Sep 11, 2010
Partition

Hi!

So, I download your file ( customized_cwm-3.0.1.3.zip ) and rename it to update.zip, take it to the root of the sd card. After all have I flash it in recovery? ( blue menu )
As I have done it, what will be the next step? Or am I wrong?

alexhtclegend

Jul 23, 2010
Hi!

So, I download your file ( customized_cwm-3.0.1.3.zip ) and rename it to update.zip, take it to the root of the sd card. After all have I flash it in recovery? ( blue menu )
As I have done it, what will be the next step? Or am I wrong?

Next step for what? Flashing a ROM? Partitioning SD card? Nandroid backup?

ICavalera

Mar 17, 2011
Vila das Aves
I tried to flash gps fix on another topic and give me an error. Before I update nightly, I was using fake flash cwm 2.5.1.8 now I made update to cwm and I don't know which is the problem. If the nightly or cwm.

Can any one help here?

Sent from my Legend using XDA App

smilingguy07

Jul 18, 2011
Hello, I have CWM 3.0.1.3 installed, can someone tell me what i need to do to partition my sd card, and the recommended settings I should pick etc?

Thanks

Hitmax117

Aug 23, 2010
Hello, I have CWM 3.0.1.3 installed, can someone tell me what i need to do to partition my sd card, and the recommended settings I should pick etc?

Thanks

first of all backup your sd card manually because partitioning will wipe your sd card
and for the settings, for what you want to use the ext partition?

Last edited:

vip333

Feb 21, 2011
Skopje
hi

every time when i try to enter recovery mode, my phone stucks and it shows red triangle....
i am a bit noobie in this, and if there any other way to flash CWM 3.x without entereing recovery let me know, my phone is rooted, using CM7 atm....

gualm2

Nov 3, 2010
hmmm
as i know its power + vol down and from there you should enter recovery to apply update.zip
correct me if i am wrong...

To get to recovery volume down + power on, choose recovery. While at the red triangle it's volume up + power. It may take some tries but you will get to a blue menu. Navigate and choose apply update.zip. Now you will get to an orange menu which is clockwork recovery

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

vip333

Feb 21, 2011
Skopje
hmmm
as i know its power + vol down and from there you should enter recovery to apply update.zip
correct me if i am wrong...

To get to recovery volume down + power on, choose recovery. While at the red triangle it's volume up + power. It may take some tries but you will get to a blue menu. Navigate and choose apply update.zip. Now you will get to an orange menu which is clockwork recovery

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Ok ty for explaining that, when i go home will try it :)

Sent from my Legend using XDA App

smilingguy07

Jul 18, 2011
Hi Hitmax117, I'm looking to use the ext partition as a way of giving myself more room to properly install some of my apps, maybe 500 mb of space so that my big apps can go there and leave the phones internal memory alone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, here's the deal. This is my attempt in customizing CWM. It features several changes in comparison to one from CM source...

Changes
    • removed menu entries for updating via /sdcard/update.zip (useless for fake-flash users)
    • stripped some "No" line entries from confirmation menus
    • removed some insane size values from partitioning list
    • added some sane size values to partitioning list
    • added option to add 2nd ext partition (for some data2sd variants)
    • added block alignment to partitioning part
    • added advanced backup submenu

Plans
    • add block alignment to partitioning part
    • add advanced backup submenu
    • add some additional wipe options

Issues
    • mounting /sdcard again after unmounting not possible

Installation
    Just copy this file to root of your SD card and rename it to update.zip. You can also use previous non-customized version.

Source
    Source for this project is available on GitHub.

CAUTION! This is still in test phase. And your phone may explode suddenly if you're not careful enough. But in general it is pretty much safe (if you stand several feet from your phone). If you encounter any problems relevant logs are /tmp/recovery.log and /data/sdparted.log which I will need for debugging.
    does this file works even on s-off legend?
    Yes, but why would you do that???

So you buy a Ferrari and put in the engine of Fiat 600? I don't get it :rolleyes:
    Hi BlaY0!
    does this file works even on s-off legend?
    Thx

Yes. ;) Have fun!
    No, you have only to put the update.zip on SD-card and that´s it.
    Than you have CWM recovery in version 3.0.0.6...
    Customized CWM 3.0.0.6 for S-ON Legends (fake-flash)

OK, here's the deal. This is my attempt in customizing CWM.

Check 1st post for update!