[Q] Touchscreen freezing temporarily audio plays
I'm not sure if this is all covered within the Nexus 7 2013 freezing and rebooting threads, didn't see these symptoms. But the situation that happens is thus:
When it happens: Touch intensive Games (drastic, MMOJ, Dumb Ways) appears to be when the 3D GPU is NOT in use, netflix, when paused for a short while.
1. Screen does not update display appears frozen
2. No response from nav bar icons
3. Power, volume buttons give no response.
4. If audio was playing right before it froze, it will keep playing as if nothing wrong.
5. If I hit the power button or the nav button then let it sit for a few minutes, suddenly it will react to every press I did in quick motion and go back to normal.
5a. I had show touches enabled, which showed a random number of the frozen touches working in quick succession when it "unfroze"
6. Sometimes requires a hard restart with no response.
When it started: Right before the Q update starting rolling out, did not have issues out of the box.
Purchase date and location: Right around the time of launch from best buy, 32 GB 2013 version
Troubleshooting steps: Safe mode (doesn't appear as often), full factory restore to the Q image when the R image started rolling out. Issues were gone for a short timeframe, then returned
Config information: Stock, latest firmware version, rooted via TWRP (latest version installed), and SU.
Observation: Appears to occur in select situations, and I believe I always have a GMAIL notification right when it un-freezes.
Let me know what you think and if it should be merged with a different topic, didn't see anything about it un-freezing when it was frozen or audio still playing.