[Q] Battery charging issue.

Search This thread

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
I'm facing too much battery charging issues on my Samsung Galaxy Note-II N7100. I've checked in application 'Galaxy Charging', the reference voltage is 1698mA and and my phone is just using 700mA - 1200mA. At first it'd start at 1800mA but after couple of mins it start to lowering he input/ output to ~300mA. Do you have any kind of solution on this? It started after update to 4.3. I think it is a bootloader problem, because it start to happen when I update rom to 4.3 on 4.1.2 charging works very well. And one question how much power is actually needed for Note ii in mA's. Pleas help!!!

Last edited:

cyberboob

Apr 4, 2012
Probably not bootloader related... but what bootloader are you using now?
Can check all details with Samsung Phone Info from play store.
You should be on Bootloader MJ5 or newer.
Is it an original battery or one you bought somewhere?

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Probably not bootloader related... but what bootloader are you using now?
Can check all details with Samsung Phone Info from play store.
You should be on Bootloader MJ5 or newer.
Is it an original battery or one you bought somewhere?
Phone's condition is very good, and every accessory is original.

The point is it started leaking the charging on update to 4.3, On 4.1.2. it works very well, and if it is not about bootloader what's the issue is about you'd say?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Phone's condition is very good, and every accessory is original.

The point is it started leaking the charging on update to 4.3, On 4.1.2. it works very well, and if it is not about bootloader what's the issue is about you'd say?
i don't know how much current my phone was getting when on 4.1.2 but on 4.3/4.4 it varies from 1100-1400,so what i do now is when i plug my phone in i check GCC and it shows anything lower than 1300 i unplug replug my charger few times until it shows 1300 or 1400.Charging the phone is kernel related ,not bootloader related.Custom kernels can increase the charging current which enables charging the phone faster but it's not considered healthy for the battery in the long run.I haven't tested this feature cause i am quite happy with battery life on stock kernel,so try my method and report back

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
i don't know how much current my phone was getting when on 4.1.2 but on 4.3/4.4 it varies from 1100-1400,so what i do now is when i plug my phone in i check GCC and it shows anything lower than 1300 i unplug replug my charger few times until it shows 1300 or 1400.Charging the phone is kernel related ,not bootloader related.Custom kernels can increase the charging current which enables charging the phone faster but it's not considered healthy for the battery in the long run.I haven't tested this feature cause i am quite happy with battery life on stock kernel,so try my method and report back
Thank you for help.

My problem also same, charging mostly at starts 1800 mA but when it gone down to 200~300 mA level it takes much more time. For e.g. in half-an-hr battery charges only 2-5%.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Thank you for help.

My problem also same, charging mostly at starts 1800 mA but when it gone down to 200~300 mA level it takes much more time. For e.g. in half-an-hr battery charges only 2-5%.
well my phone usually charges from 20% to 100% within 2 hours 15 mins or so,and usually in the first one it charges around 40-45% /hour rate and then slows down cause that's how it's programmed so as not to blow the battery up by continuously charging it fast but it seems it charges really really slow for you,wonder if your charger is faulty?