[Q] How to remove breath noise when equalizer is on ?

Search This thread

Kidy973

Feb 19, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 5
Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm the only one with that issue but when I turn on equalizer, i got breath (IDK if that's the right word in english, it's "du souffle" in french, a "shhhhh" sound) at each blank in a song.
No problem at all when equalizer is off.
I tried several earphone, in-earphone and headphone but nothing change. I tried other music player instead of Google play music, same issue if equalizer is on.
I'm on stock and rooted, anyway to get that breath off with equalizer ?

Thanks.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm the only one with that issue but when I turn on equalizer, i got breath (IDK if that's the right word in english, it's "du souffle" in french, a "shhhhh" sound) at each blank in a song.
No problem at all when equalizer is off.
I tried several earphone, in-earphone and headphone but nothing change. I tried other music player instead of Google play music, same issue if equalizer is on.
I'm on stock and rooted, anyway to get that breath off with equalizer ?

Thanks.

Have you played around with the EQ settings? It might be specifically Bass Boost or Surround Sound which is causing it. For the record, there is no audible hiss when using EQ for me.

Kidy973

Feb 19, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 5
I think that it's hiss.
No hiss when EQ set at Flat, i'm not using Bass boost or surround.
It seems to be linked to 14kHz frequency. I got the same hiss with the n7 2013 when i play with the 14 kHz frequency.
No issue with my Cowon J3. Weird, so i won't use this frequency.

Thanks to all anyway.

Edit : Hiss even with EQ off at very low volume (so i will increase it because it tends to disappear at higher volume, EQ just accentuate the effect at low volume) on both N5 and N7. Bad thing from coming from a great MP3 player such as the J3 lol.
Thanks anyway

Last edited:

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
The Nexus 5 isn't the greatest audio player ever in terms of quality but there are things you can flash to make it louder. I believe there is even a ROM built by audiophiles.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Kidy973

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Nexus 5 isn't the greatest audio player ever in terms of quality but there are things you can flash to make it louder. I believe there is even a ROM built by audiophiles.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app